• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:When the pagan〜の文章解釈について)

When the pagan Roman Empire desired to become Christian

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The interpretation of the phrase 'When the pagan Roman Empire desired to become Christian' raises questions about the relationship between the events.
  • The phrase 'it inevitably happened that, by becoming Christian' suggests a cause-and-effect relationship.
  • The main clause 'by becoming Christian, it included the Church but remained a pagan State in very many of its departments' explains the consequences of the Roman Empire's conversion to Christianity.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9749/12136)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >When the pagan Roman Empire desired to become Christian, it inevitably happened that, by becoming Christian, it included the Church but remained a pagan State in very many of its departments. に関する質問です。以下は今の文章解釈ですが、自信がないです。 ⇒文全体の骨組みは、 ①When ~, ②it happened that ~ ③it included the Church but remained ~. 「①~したとき、③それは教会を含むが~を残す、②ということが起こった」のようになります。なお、前のitは形式主語、that以下が真主語です。後のitは「ローマ帝国」を受ける代名詞です。 >it inevitably happened that , by becoming Christian, とwhen 節とit included the Church but remained a pagan State in very many of its departments.の部分の関係性の理解に困っています。 ⇒ごく雑駁ですが、語句の訳を対応させると、「when~したとき、it included the Church but~それ(ローマ帝国)は教会を含むが、that~ということが、by~することによって、it inevitably happened必然的に起こった」という感じです。 全訳はこうなります。 「異教徒のローマ帝国がキリスト教徒になることを望んだとき、必然的にキリスト教徒になることによって(帝国内に)教会を含む/持つようになったが、その極めて多くの部門(管区)が異教徒国家のままであった。」

noname#252302
質問者

お礼

分かりやすく分解して解説してくださりありがとうございました。 そのため理解することができました。 わたしの為にお時間割いてくださり ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈の添削 お願いします

添付ファイル文章: Russian hopes and conceptions demand not that the Church should pass as from a lower into a higher type into the State, but, on the contrary, that the State should end by being worthy to become only the Church and nothing else. So be it! So be it!” に関する質問です。 訳し方、理解の仕方に自信がないので、 合っているか見ていただきたいです。 「ロシア人の望みや考えは、 教会が下等なタイプから進歩的なものになるように、国家に変質することを要求するのではなく、反対に、国家の方が、教会以外のなにものでもなく、唯一それになるに値するようになって、これらのプロセスを終えることを要求します。そうでありますように。アーメン」 特にend by being worthy to become の 解釈が難しか感じ、自信がありません。 宜しくお願いします。

• to access whatever 〜の文法解釈

This is when you’re digging deep to access whatever it is that you need to reach the flow state. この文章のto access whatever it is that you need to reach the flow state. 部分が文法的にどうなっているのか理解できないです。 特にthat がなんなのか理解できないです。 解説お願いします This is when you’re digging deep これはあなたが探究している時のことです。 whatever it is それが何であっても you need to reach the flow state. あなたがフロー状態になる必要がある

• 英文解釈をお願いします。

A・Bはゲイ Cは女→男のトランスジェンダーです。 よろしくお願い致します。 特に、Cの長い台詞が分かりづらいので、お願いします。 A: I love these. Look. B+C :“Veggie Tales.” B: The Christian Cartoons for kids. B: I grew up a born again Christian. C: Yeah, yeah, exactly. A: Was it hard to be born again Christian and, you know… C: Yeah, I mean, as far as being gay and Christian, like, I definitely, like, that’s, like, when I left the church, but the problem is that there are really great born again Christians like my parents who are all about the unconditional love and Jesus' teaching. B: Yes. Your parents need to talk to my parents.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Make it so that when he inevitably tries reeling you back in, he finds you've cut the string. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2095366 和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文法問題

Eventually,-------of the atomic nature of matter, it was finally realized that magnetism and electricity were not separate phenomena. A,science when it became aware B,when science became aware C,science becoming aware D,becoming aware of the science 答えはBなんですが、Cでも独立分詞構文として当てはまりそうなんですが、何故Cではダメなのでしょうか。 ご教授ください。

• この2つの文章を和訳して欲しいです!

この2つの文章を和訳して欲しいです お願いいたします。 I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. When we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jew and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,"Free at last!Free at last!Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

• この文章で伝わりますか?

In Japan, It seems that they(postal workers) cannot release the package without a shipping invoice. 送り状についてですが、日本では、郵便局員が送り状なしで提出した場合、小包を確認することができないようです。 This was must included with the package when I am shipped from U.S.. However, I committed grave errors. 私はアメリカへ郵便で頼む際、送り状は小包に添付しなければいけない(必要)なものでした。 しかし、私は重大なエラーを犯しました。 I put a shipping invoice into a package without doing confirmation. You may have been surprised. 私は、郵便局員に確認もとらず、送り状を小包の中に入れてしまった。あなたは荷物を開けて驚いたかもしれない。 However, You've got it all wrong. Put your mind at ease. しかし、安心して下さい。何も心配ありません。 It is a birthday present to the last. それは、あくまでまでバースデープレゼントです。 --------------------------------------------- ここで背景を説明すると、外国にEMS郵便などで小包を 送る際、小包伝票とは別に、 別の紙に送り状を別に書いて下さいと言われます。 それを、一緒に添付して提出せず、間違って、箱の中に書類 (shipping invoice) を入れてしまったので、誕生日プレゼントを受け取った アメリカのPENPALは誕生日プレゼントなのに請求書が 入ってて不信に思っていると思うので、手紙を書いたのですが この文で通じますか?

• 英訳の添削をお願いします。

静止している剛体に力が作用するとき、剛体が静止したままであるためには、力が平衡状態になければならない。 [剛体: rigid body 平衡状態: a state of equilibrium] 2種類の英訳の添削をお願いします。 1.When the static ridid body is infected the force, the force should be a state of equilibrium otherwise it be supposed to move. 2.When a force is added to the steady rigid body, the force must be at a state of equilibrium so that the rigid body keeps steady. できれば模範解答もお願いします。

• 文法について質問があります

以下の2つの文について質問があります。 間違いを指摘する問題です。 1. Sarah Vaughan had a voice like a (A) [perfect] instrument, and it was (B) [an] instrument that she knew how (C) [to use it] with the (D) [utmost] skill. (C)に間違いがあるのですが、どのように直せばよいのかいまいち自信がありません。 私の推測では、and以下が、「It is ~ that ・・・」 の強調構文と思っています。 それなので、use it の it が不要(前に強調されているから)と見ていますが、その考えは正しいでしょうか? 2. Maryland, (A) [even though] a southern state, (B) [remained] (C) [loyalty] to the Union (D) [during] the Civil War. 間違いは(C)です。 remain + C(補語)の解釈で、loyalty(名詞) → loyal(形容詞)が妥当かなと推測していますが、いかがでしょうか? さらにこの文で質問なのですが、even though は必ずしも後に主語(S)と動詞(V)が来なくても構わないのでしょうか?もしくはこの場合、a southern stateの後に何かが省略されているのでしょうか? 間違いがありましたら、指摘をお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

The willingness of American corporations to accept the moderate political environment was certainly made easier by the nation's global economic power. When that power began to recede, as it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie. 上記英文中,後半のas it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie.の部分が上手く訳せません。お分かりになる方,適訳をどうぞ宜しくお願いします。