• ベストアンサー

下記の英文について教えてください。

The Olympics and Paralympics will be even more exciting when you know the medals are made from your cell phones. もしメダルが皆さんの携帯電話から作られていると知れば、と訳して上記の when は if でもいいような気がするのですが、やはり when が適切なのでしょうか? when と if の違いを教えていただけると、助かります。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

この文の場合、ifはおかしいです。と言うのは、you know the medals are made from your cell phones と言っちゃっているんだから、"you"が過去に知らなかったとしても、たった今知ってしまった。だから、知っているか、知らないかわからない時に仮定するifは矛盾します。 whenは確実にそう言う瞬間、時があると言う前提。ifは、そうなるかどうかわからない時に使います。 If he comes back to the office, please tell him to call me back. 彼がオフィスに戻ってくるかどうかわからないけれど、もし戻ってきたら私に電話する様に伝えてください。 When he comes back to the office, please tell hime to call me back. 彼はオフィスに戻ってくる予定があるので、戻ってきた時、私に電話する様に伝えてください。 例文でいうと、 The Olympics and Paralympics will be even more exciting if people know the medals are made from their cell phones. はありです。人々が一般的にこの事実を知っているかどうかわからないから。でも、この事実を広く広報発信していく前提で言うのだったら、多くの人が知ることになるので、whenの方が適切です。

okchietaro
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

やはり when が適切なのでしょうか? when と if の違いを教えていただけると、助かります。  実際に実現する可能性があれば when、全然実現の可能性のない空想の出来事なら if だと思います。

okchietaro
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文の意味を教えて下さい。

Thanks for your information We will contact you if we interested in learning more.

• 下記の英文を教えてください。お願いいたします。

Please find attached your invoice with 10% discount. My manager agreed to the 10% discount only if you keep ordering regularly. But I need to advise you that if your orders remain irregular or if you order every 6 months there is a possibility that the they will cancel the 10% discount. Below are our bank details for bank transfer. Please make payment as soon as you can as otherwise we cannot start packing your order. Also please let me know if you still require the MADE IN 000 labels..?

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか?

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか? 自分なりに訳してみたのですがどうもスッキリしなくて。。 宜しくお願いいたします。 ↓ yes my pleasure and I would like but when you stay in my house the police will say why do you have this women in your house you know in Yemen they are crazy the are not like anther county but if we are ready married no problem pleas understand pleas don't worry about stay we can stay together in the hotel Ok when you are in Yemen yes for sure we can visit my family if you want

• すいませんが下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか

ネィティブが書いた英文ではないため少し読みづらいとは思いますが よろしくお願いします。ちなみに文中に出てくる「Yemen」は国名で「Sanaa」はその首都です。 文中で今年の三月からイエメンは治安が悪くて100ドルのお金を貸して欲しいと書いてあるのは 何となく判るのですが・・・。 ↓ I wish if the situation in Yemen to be good the youth revolution in March 2011 and the situation got worst and not safe for tourists and not safe even for me and my family l would like to inform you the life its heard in Sanaa this time and every things is getting expansive and many people the leave sanaa and some shops the closes l was look for job l can not find this time l just want to ask you if you can lend me 100$ and transfer it to me by western union l will be so glad if you can and if you can send it by my name mohmmed almarwiny and when l will have it and work l will send it to you if you can l really dont want to ask you but is very bad time now in Yemen and when l work l will transfer the money to you im sorry but l think you feel what l feel if you can pleas let me know if you can not its ok l just ask you because you are my friend

• 下記の英文を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を複数購入しました。支払いは終わっているのですが、商品と発送のことでメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 Hope you are well. I see that you have made payment already. I believe that you will be booking your own courier then. Please do not book them yet, I will let you know once your order is ready. I have a question re the MADE IN USA labels, they are to go on the plastic packaging of the AAA, is this correct...? Also, some of the purses come in boxes but I think that you want the label to go on the BBB plastic AAA rather than the box in which the purse sits, is this correct..?

• if かwhenか、a show かyour sh

if かwhenか、a show かyour show か教えてください。また文法もあるっているかどうか教えてください。 (友達のショーをみて、またショーがあるかどうかはわからいけどあるときは教えてください。という場面で。) ショーがあるときは教えてください。 ・Let me know if you have a show. ・Let me know when you will have a show.

• 英文の翻訳お願いいたします。

アメリカのお店から、FILSONのジャケットとブーツを購入したのですが、 以下のメールが届きました。たいへんでも翻訳お願いいたします。 I forgot to let you know in the previous e-mailed the FILSON item you reguested is not longer being made. We will refund you when we can ship your boots out.

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 売り込みトークかもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 SOUL MATE FOUR, the last and final brilliant ultimate new chapter, it will reveal anything that is not covered in soul mate one or two, and will complete this book of love. I cannot tell you more about this because its impossible to know before we do the reading what it will show in your particular chart, but it will show something of your life and future together. When you have had all four readings dear friend, all the things you need and want to know about your soul mate and future with him should have been answered,

• 英文の翻訳お願いします。

インターネットでブーツを購入したのですが、発送時なって以下のメールがきました。 以下の翻訳おねがいします。 I wanted to let you know we received your Redwing boots today and they look great. The only issue is that Redwing made your boots with brown stitching instead of black stitching. Please let us know if this is acceptable and we will ship out your item immediately. 多分、ステッチの色が間違ったという内容だと思います。 間違っていてもいいので発送してください。という内容の返信の文も教えて頂けると ありがたいです。

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)

短いですが、英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)  一応、最後に私の表現したい内容を日本語で表記しておきます。  Tomorrow is the final day of Turin Olympics. Now that, we haven’t won any medals is Japan unluckily. I hope that Japanese female figure skaters will make the podium.  (日本語)あしたはいよいよトリノオリンピックの最終日だ。でも残念なことに今のところ日本は1つもメダルを取っていない。女子フィギュアでぜひ表彰台にあがってほしいな。