• ベストアンサー

「私は罰として謹慎3日になった」

「私は罰として謹慎3日になった」 は英語では、 I was confinement to the house 3rd as punishment. でよいのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

校則による処罰ですよね? かりに学校で喫煙したとすれば,  I was confined to my house for three days for smoking at school. みたいな表現になるんじゃないかな? わざわざ punishment という必要があるかなあ? なにぶん,食らったことがないもんでね(笑)。

takutakuk1335
質問者

お礼

ありがとうこざいます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語では何といいますか?

英語では何といいますか? 私は廊下に立たされた。とても恥ずかしい罰だった。自分のしたことをとても反省した。 一応自分の英語では I was made to stand in the corridor, I received a very ashamed punishment. I regret and reflect what I have done, おかしなところを直してください。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 I was late for workplace for three miutes. As a punishment. I was made to stand in back entrance. I was ashamed to be seen in all. It was a good punishment because I'll never do it again,

• 英文添削お願いします。

英語でつけている日記です。 罰掃除をさせられた時のことですが、書きなれないので自信がありません。添削お願いします。 Since I wore T-shirt, which is considered too casual, my boss got angry with me and he made me clean toilets for both ladies and gentlemen as a punishment. I was so ashamed and made to reflect what I have done.

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (12) The most extreme punishment was death and destruction of the corpse so there would be no entry to the afterlife. Execution was a cheap way of getting rid of criminals. Egyptians were not willing to pay to house and feed lawbreakers. Prisons were used only for those waiting for trial or waiting for their punishment. They were never used as they are today as the punishment. If the punishment was execution, the method was most often impalement on a wooden stake or, less often, burning. The most severe punishments were applied to crimes against the state. It wasn't wise to mess with the king's property―and, technically speaking, everything hn Egypt belonged to the king. The king would not tolerate such a challenge to his authority. The offender was punished not only as an example to others, but also to reaffirm the king's supreme power. (13) Government investigators had the right to arrest and question suspects. If they doubted the testimony of a witness, they had the right to torture him, and the investigators didn't hesitate to do it. Peasants accepted flogging as a part of life. Teachers beat students, overseers beat servants, police beat suspects. Even tax collectors were armed with sticks for beating tax delinquents.

• 意味の違い

I am sorry to hear that your house was robbed.   と I am sorry to hear that you had your house robbed. 意味の違いはありますか。  または下の文は不適切ですか。

• Confessついて 

confess to A(人)+ That 形に持ってこれる動詞が Confess以外に、たくさんあったと思うのですが、思い出せません。おしえていただけないでしょうか? 子供のころ好きな女の子に告白することができなかった。*これを英語にしていただけますでしょうか?confessをできたら使いたいのですが、 愛を伝えるなら confess my love to someone とできそうなのですが、子供のころなので、LOVEを使うのもおかしいと思い、As a child,I was too shy to confess to her that I likeed her, 2,As a child, I was too shy to say to her ''I like you'' 3, As a child,I was too shy to confess my special feeling to her (Please kindly correct the mistakes in these sentences )

• 英語 添削お願いします!

英問英答の添削お願いします! Back in my room, I began to cry. I was very sad. That was not only because I could not go to the park. For the first time in my life, I was learning what it felt like to be black. 訳 部屋にもどって私は泣いた(なき始めた)。私はとても悲しかった。それはただ私が公園にいけなかったからだけではない。人生で初めて、黒人であることがどういう気持ちであるかを学んだのだった。 "What's the matter?” Frank asked. "They won't let me go to Glen Echo Park tonight.” "Because of the water balloon?” he asked. "No,” I answered, "because I'm black.” "That's a relief!” Frank said, and then he laughed. He was relieved to have escaped punishment. "I thought it was serious.” I stared at him. "It is serious. They don't let black people go into the park. I can't go with you!” I shouted. 訳 「どうしたの?」とフランクが聞いてきた。「今夜 Glen Echo Park (グレン・エコー・パーク)に行かせてもらえないんだ。」 「 water balloon (水風船)のせい?」と彼は尋ねた。 「違うよ。」と僕は答えた。「僕が黒人だからさ。」「それならよかった!(それで、安心したよ。)」とフランクは言って、笑った。彼は罰を逃れてホッとしているのだ。「深刻なことかと思ったよ。」僕は彼をキッと見つめた。「深刻だよ。黒人は公園に入らせてもらえないんだよ。きみと一緒に行けないんだ!」と僕は叫んだ。 “Then I won't go,either.”Frank smiled. I will never forget that moment. Later the room was filled with boys listening to Frank.  “They don't allow black people in the park,so I'm staying with Clifton.” “Me too,”a second boy said.“I'll stand by you,Clifton,”a third agreed. In the end,eleven white boys decided not to go. They wanted to go to that park as much as I did,but they knew that there was sometimes exen more important. 訳 「それならば僕も行かない。」フランクが微笑みながら言った。 私は決してその瞬間を忘れないでしょう。 後から、部屋はフランクに耳をかたむける少年たちで一杯になった。 「黒人が公園に入ることは許可されないんだ、だから僕はクリフトンと一緒にいるよ。」 「俺も」、と2番目の少年が言った。「僕は君の味方だよ、クリフトン」、と3番目も同意しました。 結局、11人の白人の少年が行かないことに決めました。 彼らは私と同じぐらいに、とってもの公園にいきたかったのです。しかし彼らは時には、もっと大事なことがあることを知っていました。 Q 1.What did Clifton learn when he was told about Glen Echo Park ? 2.Why did Frank feel relieved ? 3.What did Frank say to Clifton after he shouted, “I can't go with you!” 4.How many boys didn't go to Glen Echo Park in the end ? A 一番は分かりませんでした… 2.Because he escaped punishment. 3.He said “Then I won't go, either.” 4.Eleven boys didn't go to Glen Echo Park. この四問です! 英語苦手なのでお願いします(^^;;

• 英語を訳してください!

I spent Saturday night in a small hotel not many miles distant from Oxford. It was a peaceful little hotel that fell quietly asleep in the darkness as soon as the voices of the last birds and the last beer-drinkers had faded into silence. Weary as a result of unaccustomed exposure to the air, I fell under the soporific influence of the place, went early to bed, and was asleep before midnight. Suddenly between twelve and one, I was awakened by a crash. The house shook as though a football team were tumbling over the furniture in the room below. A gramophone began to whine rhythmically about love. Whether it was dancing or fighting that was going on to the music I did not know, but whatever it was, the violence was such that I was surprised that the house did not come falling about my ears. 上の文章を日本語に訳していただきたいです。 特に最後の一文が分かりにくいので、面倒でしたらそこだけ訳してくださっても構いません。よろしくお願いします。

• この Whatはなんでしょう?

以下の文のwhatは文法的に言うと何にあたるのでしょうか? 関係詞でもないようだし・・・ I was not as polite as what you used to think of me. あと以下の文と始めの文どちらが英語的にいいかんじなのでしょう。 I was no more polite than what you used to think of me.

• 和訳お願いします‼︎

"your Halloween costume came to my house by mistake today, sorry I opened it. it was a rooster mask and a bag of lollipops. going as a cock sucker again I see"