• ベストアンサー

thoの意味とテキストの和訳

ある男性からわたしと友人の写真を見て、super stylish those two girls と着たのでThank you!! It's (有名人)'s power lol ○○のおかげという意味で、これは○○パワーだよ!と書きました。するとhe didn’t use his power on himself tho という返事が返ってきたのですが、 どういう意味ですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.2

忘れていました。 thoは、 though「~けれども」の短縮形(口語)です。 「だけど彼はそのパワーを自分には使わなかったんだね」。

kkshrsi
質問者

お礼

そのような意味があるのですね!ありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.1

「でも彼はそのパワーを自分用にには使わなかったんだね」 というようなニュアンスだと思います。 自分のためでなく、「二人のかっこいい女性のために使った」 とでも言いたいのではないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• doの意味

このような文を見つけました。 When I was growing up, we learned that there were two kinds of girls. The girls who did were the bad girls with whom the boys had fun. The girls who didn't were the good girls whom the boys married. この文の中で出てくる、「did」と「didn't」の意味が分かりません。 代動詞かな?とも思ったんですが、なんか意味的にしっくりこなくて・・・。 どなたか、教えてください。 お願いします。

• 同じ意味の文ですか?意味に違いはありますか?

(1)It's fun working here with you. (2)It's fun to work here with you. (3)He found it hard living on his salary alone. (4)He found it hard to live on his salary alone. (1)(2) (3)(4)はそれぞれ同じ意味ですか?違う意味ですか?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Steven and I dated for two years. The first year was wonderful. My family and my in-laws all accepted him. As year two began, he began to change. He stopped being attentive, and started to randomly go out by himself. We eventually broke up because he couldn't commit. At the beginning of our relationship, he didn't seem to have a problem with commitment. He took advantage of my life and of my children being secure with him. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• rightの意味がわかりません

以下の文におけるrightの意味がいまいちわかりません。 わかる方がいらっしゃったら教えてください。 Woman:Oh,gosh! I didn't know we had to ship those computers today! Man:Year, Mr. Hall said he needed his right after the long weekend. Woman:What am I going to say to him?

• 少し長いですが和訳してください

lol it's ok! it's just an action movie. i play two characters. in one scene i get shot and then shoved off a table in slow motion. and then as my second character i jump out at the hero, push him against a wall then knee him in the stomach, then push him down a hallway into another wall, then punch him, spin to elbow him, he catches it, then pushes me away, grabs my gun out of my pants and shoots me in the head! lol haha! sorry that was so much!(アメリカ男性が映画を撮っていると言ったので映画の内容を教えてと言ったらこちらのmessage届きました、なんとなく言っているコトはわかりますがアクションで膝が胃が銃がどうしたなど…しかし英語のエキスパートの回答者の皆様に詳しく細かい内容を教えていただきたいのです。lolの意味は知ってますので省略してくださって結構です)

• この英語の意味や働きを教えて下さい!

よろしくお願いします。 会話文です。 A: Oh, no. It's finally started to rain. B: Didn't you bring your umbrella with you? A: No, I didn't. B: I bought two umbrellas so you can use one. A: Thanks goodness! (    ) この(  )の部分には You've got a good head on your shoulders. になります。 この(  )の文の意味と働きを教えて下さい。 イディオムではなさそうですが・・・。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳

The Leales were very worried about Soseki’s mental problems. They recommended him to try bike-riding,a popular hobby in Britain at the time. Soseki followed their advice and began bike-riding. His cycling trips through the parks let him get back in touch with the world around him. This may have helped his mental condition. He even wrote about his poor cycling skills in a comical essay,”A Bike-riding Journal.” Thanks to the kindness of the people around him,Soseki recovered. In October 1902,he took a trip to Scotland for a week. It was his only sightseeing trip while in Britain,and he had a wonderful time. He finally felt some joy come back to his life. In December of that year,with 400 books he had bought,he left for Japan,returning in late January 1903. In one essay Soseki wrote: “My two years in London were the most unhappy two years of my life.” Soseki suffered a lot,but out of his suffering he learned many precious things that were later reflected in his writing. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, Why did he start bike-riding? 2, When and where did he go sightseeing in Britain? 3, As he himself wrote,do you think his two years in London meant nothing to him? 和訳と問題をお願いします。

• 和訳、できれば文法的説明もお願いします

She looked up as she heard his footsteps, and the gracious smile which her lips put on, was an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her. But he resisted the blandishment, and lifting his hat as he passed, with a smile in return, he soon disappeared from her presence, and joined the two who awaited him. 上の文の和訳をお願いします。 the gracious smile which her lips put on (彼女の唇がおいた優しい笑顔・・・?) an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her 等々よくわからないのです。

• failの意味

failは他動詞で使うと 期待にそむく, …を見捨てる, 落第点をつける などがあるのですが、下記の文の意味がよくわかりません。 Where had I failed my son? I wondered. Why couldn't I motivate him to help him succeed? I felt if he didn't excel in school, he would be unable to create a life of his own or cupport himself- and perhaps a family someday. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There he was on the ground,in no condition to go on, and all of a sudden he was no longer in Poland.instead,he found himself imaging himself standing on a stage on postwar Vienna giving a lecture on The Psychology of Death Camps. Audience of two hundred listened to his every word. The lecture was one that he had been working out the whole time he had been in the death camp. He spoke about how some people seem to survive the experience better than others, psychologically and emotionally. It was a brilliant lecture, all taking place in his mind's eye and ear. He was no longer half dead on the field but living in the lecture. During the lecture, Frankl told the imaginary audience about the day he was in that field being beaten and was certain he didn't have the strength to get up and keep walking.    Then, wonder of wonders, he told his imagined audience, he was able to stand up. The guard stopped beating him and get began to walk slowly. As he was imagining describing this to his audience, his body got up and began to walk. He continued to imagine this lecture all the while he was doing the work and through the cold march back to the death comp. He collapsed into his narrow bed, imagining ending this brilliantly clear speech and receiving a standing ovation.