Uncomfortable Experience at a Play

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Recently, I had a very uncomfortable experience at a popular play with no intermission. The lack of space in the balcony seats caused great pain in my knees.
  • To make matters worse, the woman sitting next to my friend had uncontrollable flatulence, which made the situation even more unpleasant.
  • In the play, there were wooden walls to prevent things from falling over the edge, but they ended up restricting the movement of my feet and legs.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My companion and I recently went to a very popular play that had no intermission. We were sitting in the first row of the balcony seats, and there was a short wooden wall in front of us to keep things from falling over the edge. But the result was that there was no room to move my feet and legs. In fact, my knees were pressed into this wall, causing great pain because I have arthritis and sciatica. To make matters worse, the woman sitting on the other side of my friend had uncontrollable flatulence that was smelly and disgusting. My companion tried to lean away, into me or over the balcony, but could not escape the smell. falling over the edgeとlean away, into me or over the balconyの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。falling over the edgeの意味を教えてください。  劇場の二階席の最前列に座っているので、もうその前には何も支えてくれるものがない、すなわち座席の「縁を超えて落ちる」しかない、ということでしょう。 2。lean away, into me or over the balconyの意味を教えてください。  連れの人は隣のご婦人が立て続けに猛烈に臭いオナラを発射するのでそちらからなるべく鼻を遠ざけようと私の方とかバルコニーに寄りかかってきたのでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

My parents had an old beach house that was in danger of foreclosure. Rather than lose this place that has been in the family over 15 years, my husband and I bought it from my parents. At the time, we asked my siblings if they wanted to go into this with us. They declined. We paid off the house and invested over $10,000 to update the beach house and rent it out. Frankly it was a good investment because the area exploded and during peak times we can get over $2,000 a week for it. My family has been over many times in the five years since we fixed up the place. We spent several holidays together but always with us. Now my niece wants to come down with a pack of her college friends and stay for the week right in the middle of summer. We had already rented the beach house out until the end of August. I told my niece her dates didn’t work and offered her the last dates for $500. This caused a ruckus. My sister called me to yell at me for daring to charge family, that the beach house apparently belonged to everyone, and how greedy I was being. I told her point blank the beach house was mine. We were the ones who put money, work, and sweat into the place. Everyone else was willing to let it go to the bank. At this point everyone in the family is involved. My mother wants peace, two siblings are on my side, one on my sister’s, and my husband is this close to wanting to sell and buy another beach house to spite the lot of them. the area explodedとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、My family has been over many timesとspite the lot of themの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語を訳してください!

I spent Saturday night in a small hotel not many miles distant from Oxford. It was a peaceful little hotel that fell quietly asleep in the darkness as soon as the voices of the last birds and the last beer-drinkers had faded into silence. Weary as a result of unaccustomed exposure to the air, I fell under the soporific influence of the place, went early to bed, and was asleep before midnight. Suddenly between twelve and one, I was awakened by a crash. The house shook as though a football team were tumbling over the furniture in the room below. A gramophone began to whine rhythmically about love. Whether it was dancing or fighting that was going on to the music I did not know, but whatever it was, the violence was such that I was surprised that the house did not come falling about my ears. 上の文章を日本語に訳していただきたいです。 特に最後の一文が分かりにくいので、面倒でしたらそこだけ訳してくださっても構いません。よろしくお願いします。

• 並べ替え問題教えてください。

The chair ( sitting / by / you / made / are / in / that / was / it ) my father. The chair ( you are sitting in that it was made by ) my father. であっていますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 次の文に出てくる「psychic body 」の訳についておしえてください。

次に「'The curious sensation I had of forcing myself through an obstructing medium was not a physical sensation at all, as we understand that word, but rather the psychric sensation of forcing my entity to re-cross the "gap" that had already formed between my falling psychic body now below the edge of the pit and my physical body standing on the floor of the room. And that "gap" was full of a force that strove to prevent my body and soul from rejoining. It was a terrible experience. Do you remember how I could still see with my brain through the eyes of my psychic body, though it had already fallen some distance out of me? That is an extraordinary thing to remember. 」という文があるのですが、その中に出てくる「psychic body 」の上手い訳が思いつきません。「超能力的身体」とでも訳せばいいのでしょうか。英語に詳しい方ぜひ「psychic body 」の訳について教えてください。お願いします。

• 英語の翻訳でわからないところお願いします。

One time, I was sitting on the edge of the bath with my feet dipped in the water while Mum sat in it. ある時、私は足を水に浸けてバスタブの縁に座っていた、そのときママは(も)座っていた。 この ”sit in it ”の itは何を表しますか?the edgeでしょうか。 the bath(room)でしょうか。 the edge だとすると、Mum sat in it too とかしないとおかしいような気がしますが。

• 翻訳してください。

During my first space sleep, I discovered that my arms and legs moved automatically into a ''sleep position.'' Instead of hanging at my sides, as they would have on Earth, my arms drifted out in front of me, motionless, at about shoulder height. It was strange to open my eyes and see my arms dangling in front of my face.

• 長文和訳お願いします!

長文和訳お願いします! 読みにくかったらすみません My dear 〇〇 I'm slowly getting over my jet lag and getting used to my normal life again. Life in Japan was so easy for my ... everyday eating out in a restaurant, hotel room got cleaned every day ... In Belgium I need to do all that myself ... it is a bit of work ... but part of me is happy to be back in my own house ... and not havening to live out of my suitcase. But at the same time I'm very sad that I have left Japan and that I'm now so far away from you.

• テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

I spent hours poring over that map, long before my family ever moved into the house that we eventually bought,with that V.A. loan,at 5179 Eliots Oak Road the neighborhood of Longfellow the Village of Harper’s Choice. To me the remarkable thing about those names was not their oddity but the simple fact that most of them referred to locations that did not exist. They were like magic spells,each one calibrated to call into being one particular stretch of blacktop,sidewalk,and lawn,and no other. In time-I witnessed it with my own eyes,month by month,year by year-the street demanded by the formula “Darkbush Terrace” or “Night Roost” would chum up out of the Maryland mud and clay, begin to sprout houses, trees, a tidy blue-and-white identifying sign. It was a Powerful demonstration to me of the incantatory power of names and naming.

• 高校英語教科書の和訳してほしいです。分かりません

lesson9 semitic people invented the alphabet around 1500 B.C. They changed Egyptian picture symbols to letters that symbolized sounds. Until that time, symbols had shown simple meanings such as animals, tools, and things from nature. The alphabet was the first system that connected letters to sounds. The alphabet spread all over the world. The shapes of the letters changed. The Phoenicians began using them around 1,000 B.C. About 400 years later, the Greek, so this writing system became the alpha‐beta or alphabet. The alphabet had been used for more than 1,500 years when the shapes of most letters were fixed by the Romans. Interestingly, every letter in the alphabet has its origin. For example, the shape of ''A'' meant the head of an ox . In ancient times , oxen were important for pulling plows . ''B'' meant a house and ''C'' meant a throwing stick . Things and animals used in the alphabet were important for the people who were living about 5,000 years ago. Lesson10 When I was growing up, my dad and I used to fight all the time. I was 17 or 18. I had really long hair , and he hated it. I got into a motorcycle accident once . I was laid up in bed , and my dad had a barber come in and cut my hair. I remember saying to my dad, '' I hate you ! I will never forget this!'' He used to tell me , '' I can`t wait until the army gets you . When the army gets you , they will cut all that hair off, and they will make a man out of you.'' This was in 1968, and a lot of guys went to the Vietnam War from my neighborhood. The thing was that many of them didn`t come back . And even if they came back , they were not the same any more. I remember the day I got my draft notice . I hid it from my family , and three days before my army physical my friends and I went out . We stayed up all night . We were all so scared . And I went to my physical , and I failed . I could come home! When I walked into the kitchen , I saw my parents sitting there.

• よろしくお願いします

I came home last night after a girls’ night out and noticed that my husband’s phone was not plugged in. I picked it up, plugged it into the charger and took a peek to see what’s happening on Facebook. I open it up and there I see a picture of one of his friends in a bikini, zoomed into her body and chest. I woke him and asked him about it, and he, in a sleepy daze, admitted that he used it earlier in the night to masturbate to. masturbate toはtoがなければいけないのでしょうか?なぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします