• 締切済み

高校英語教科書の和訳してほしいです。分かりません

lesson9 semitic people invented the alphabet around 1500 B.C. They changed Egyptian picture symbols to letters that symbolized sounds. Until that time, symbols had shown simple meanings such as animals, tools, and things from nature. The alphabet was the first system that connected letters to sounds. The alphabet spread all over the world. The shapes of the letters changed. The Phoenicians began using them around 1,000 B.C. About 400 years later, the Greek, so this writing system became the alpha‐beta or alphabet. The alphabet had been used for more than 1,500 years when the shapes of most letters were fixed by the Romans. Interestingly, every letter in the alphabet has its origin. For example, the shape of ''A'' meant the head of an ox . In ancient times , oxen were important for pulling plows . ''B'' meant a house and ''C'' meant a throwing stick . Things and animals used in the alphabet were important for the people who were living about 5,000 years ago. Lesson10 When I was growing up, my dad and I used to fight all the time. I was 17 or 18. I had really long hair , and he hated it. I got into a motorcycle accident once . I was laid up in bed , and my dad had a barber come in and cut my hair. I remember saying to my dad, '' I hate you ! I will never forget this!'' He used to tell me , '' I can`t wait until the army gets you . When the army gets you , they will cut all that hair off, and they will make a man out of you.'' This was in 1968, and a lot of guys went to the Vietnam War from my neighborhood. The thing was that many of them didn`t come back . And even if they came back , they were not the same any more. I remember the day I got my draft notice . I hid it from my family , and three days before my army physical my friends and I went out . We stayed up all night . We were all so scared . And I went to my physical , and I failed . I could come home! When I walked into the kitchen , I saw my parents sitting there.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

Lesson 9 セム語族は紀元前1500年ごろにアルファベットを発明した。彼らは、エジプトの象形文字を音を象徴する文字に変えた。その時まで、象形文字は、動物、道具、自然から得られるものと言ったような、単純な意味を示していた。アルファベットは、文字と音を組み合わせた最初の表記法であった。 アルファベットは、世界中に広まった。文字の形は、変化した。フェニキア人は、紀元前1000年ごろにそれらを使い始めた。約400年後に、ギリシア人が(使うようになり)、それで、この表記法は、アルファーベータ、すなわち、アルファベットとなった。ローマ人によってほとんどの文字の形が固定された時には、アルファベットはすでに1500年以上使われていた。 興味深いことに、アルファベットの全ての文字には、その起源がある。例えば、「A」の形は、雄牛の頭を意味した。大昔の時代には、雄牛はすきを引っ張るのに大切であった。「B」は家を意味したし、「C」は投げる棒を意味した。アルファベットに用いられた物や動物は、約5000年前に生きていた人々にとって大切であった。 Lesson 10 私が思春期の頃、父と私は、しょっちゅう喧嘩していたものだ。私は17か18だった。私は本当に長髪だったし、父はそれを嫌った。私は、一度オートバイ事故を起こした。私は、ベッドに寝たきりにされ、父は理髪師を連れてきて、私の髪を切らせた。私は父に次のように言ったのを覚えている、「父さんなんか嫌いだ!このことは絶対忘れないから!」 父は私に次のようによく言った、「お前が徴兵されるまで待てないんだ。徴兵されたら、そんな髪はすっかり切られるだろう、そして、お前を一人前の男にしてくれるだろう」 これは1968年のことで、多くの男子がうちの近所からもベトナム戦争に行っていた。実情は彼らの多くが帰還しないことだった。そして、たとえ帰還したとしても、彼れはもはや同じ人ではなかった。 私は、召集令状を受け取った日のことを覚えている。私は、それを家族に隠した、そして、軍の身体検査の3日前に、友達と私は外出した。私たちは全員おびえていた。 それから、私は、身体検査に行った、そして、私は不合格になった。私は、家に帰ることができた! 私が、台所に入ってゆくと、両親がそこに座っているのが見えた。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の長文、和訳お願いします

I remember a lesson I learned from my dad on a warm spring day many years ago in northern Minnesota. As we fished for tront on the Prairie River, my attention was drawn to a flight of geese heading north to their summer home in Canada. My youthful curiosity aroused, I asked my dad why the geese were flying in a "V" formation. He said geese fly in formation because they can travel up to 30 percent faster in formation than if they fly individually. Each goose was flying independently, and yet they were all flying together. The formation's structure gave them the extra speed. The formation also meant that there was always a goose that led the entire group. They also knew where they were going. They had a goalーtheir summer home in Canada. You have never heard of a flight of geese giving up and stopping in Kansas. They also reach their goal.

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." The Victorian age was one of soaring ambition, technological wonder, and awesome grandeur, as well as ugliness, and misery on an unprecended scale. The Victorians knew life was changing faster than ever before, and they recorded that change in paintings that were the cinema of their day. These paintings aren't fashionable, and they don't generally change hands for millions of pounds in auction rooms, but to me they're a gold mine, they show us like nothing else what it was like to live in those incredible times, and they tell amazing stories. The most dramatic story of the age was the explosion of giant cities. To our Victorian forefathers they were a terrific shock. When Queen Victoria came to the throne, people were at best uneasy at, and at worst utterly terrified by these vast gatherings of humanity. Nothing like them had existed before. But by the time she died, the men and women of the age had pioneered an entirely new way of living: they had invented the modern city. At the dawn of the 19th century, Britain was on the move. Rumours had reached even the remotest villages and hamlets of incredible developments just over the horizon. Towns bigger than anyone could imagine, astouding new machines, and money to be made for those ready to take the risk. My own great-great-great-grandfather was in that tide of humanity that left the land in search of a better life. He, his wife and four of their children travelled to the industrial north by barge. They didn't really know what they'd find here, but they did know what they were leaving behind, and whatever they were to find here, it was better than begging for handouts or going hungry.

• 英語の和訳をお願いします

When do you turn your cell phone off? Now I am more careful about it, but my phone was always on until I (have) an embarrassing experience last summer. I went on a vacation with my friends.  It was just my (two) time on a plane, and I was so(exciting). We got to our seats and waited for takeoff.  The flight attendants came through the aisles, making sure no one was using their phones or other electronics.  The pilot said we were ready to take off.  The plane was quiet and everyone was settling in when all of a sudden someone's phone rang. It was so (loudly).  I felt upset because I knew cell phone users were supposed to turn their phones off at that moment.  Then I heard the second ring.  It was then that I realized the ringing was coming from my bag. It was my phone! I went into a panic, and it took me a minute to find and stop the ringing. Everyone looked at me, and I felt small. I slept for the rest of the flight. Since then, I have been more (care) with my cell phone. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。お願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"

• 和訳お願いします。

I started studying Japanese language in 1974, in a Tokyo university with many other foreign students. Although the tests and lessons were well-designed, I was soon quite frustrated and dissatisfied with my progress in that situation. Most of my classmates were also non-Japanese, so the dangerous tendency was to speak in English or French outside of classes. Except for the small number who wanted to "brush up their English," the normal Japanese students refused to associate with the illiterate foreigners. I soon found that I had gravitated to a small group of Koreans and Hawaiians, who agreed to speak only in Japanese. However, I felt that my Japanese was not likely to improve much without native speakers as models. I was depressed by the number of Americans concerned only with obtaining as much money, sex, marijuana, or media-coverage as they could obtain during their year in Japan, rather than really trying to appreciate the culture in which they were guests. So I began to look around for a more isolated university which would admit and teach Japanese to foreigners, but without the problems of Tokyo's "international set."

• 英文を訳し、( )の中に入る言葉を答えてください。

(1)の中に入る適切な言葉 (1)Including (2)Being included (3)Having been included (4)Included I used to hide my lunch so no one would see the bag or read the napkin, but that didn't last long. One of my friends saw the napkin one day, grabbed it, and passed it around the lunch room. My face burned with embarrassment. But to my astonishment, the next day all of my friends were waiting to see the napkin. From the way they acted, I think they all wished they had someone who would show them that kind of love. I was so proud to have him as my father. Throughout the rest of my high school years, I received those napkins, and I still have most of them. And still it didn`t end. When I left home for college, I thought the messages would stop. I thought the messages would stop. But my friends and I were glad that his gestures continued. I began getting letters almost every Friday. ( 1 ) along with the letters were usually drawings of our cat and dog, stick figures of him and Mom. He continued to include his mountain scene and the heart label. The mail was delivered every day right before lunch, so I'd have his letters with me when I went to the cafeteria. I realized it was useless to hide them because my roommate was a high school friend who knew about his napkins. Soon it became a Friday afternoon practice. I would read the letters, and the drawings would be passed around. It was during this time that Dad became stricken with cancer. When the letters didn't come on Friday, I knew that he had been sick and wasn't able to write. If he missed his Friday delivery, the letters would usually come a day or two later. But they always came. My friends used to call him "Coolest Dad in the Universe." One day they sent him a card awarding him that title, signed by all of them. I believe my dad taught all of us about a father`s love. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends started sending napkins to their children. He left an impression that would stay with us and inspire us to give our own children such a clear expression of our love.

• [至急]和訳と文法的に大事なところを教えてください

I was shocked. So were people all over the world, of all nationalities and political beliefs. When the two were found guilty, there were demonstrations all over the United States, and even in Europe. I heard people say that the decision to execute them was based on prejudice against them as immigrants and because of their political views. People demonstrated and protested the decision, demanding further investigation and more time in court. But nothing changed and on August 23, 1927 my friend was sent to the electric chair.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Unlike the quiet and quickness you experience in a car, spending an afternoon on a bike is like indulging in a sensory feast. Not only was able to leisurely take in the wonderful sights and sounds of spring - wisteria-framed doorways, lilacs in full bloom, and the laughing seagulls flying overhead - I was also to revel in the sensuous smells of honeysuckle, sea rose, and backyard barbecues!  As I pedaled through my neighborhood, I smiled to myself as I recalled how I had labored over the decision to buy a bike for more than a year. The truth is that my indecision stemmed from self-consciousness and fear of the unknown. What if I bought the wrong kind of bike and regretted my purchase? Could I still remember how to ride a bike considering there were now eighteen speeds instead of three? Did I have the physical stamina to actually get somewhere? My fear of not knowing, feeling foolish, or looking silly kept me from enjoying what had become one of my favorite summer pastimes.

• 英語の教科書の和訳が分かりません

lesson7 Mr.Hatakeyama was an oyster farmer. He raised oysters near Kesen-numa. But his oysters were damaged by pollution. He wanted to solve the problem,so in 1984, he visited oyster farms in France. There he learned that the leaves from trees enriched the soil on land. It made the sea water nutritious. He said to himself, "If the mountains didn't have a lot of trees, the people couldn't raise healthy oysters." Mr. Hatakeyama spoke to the other oyster farmers. "without clean sea water, good oysters can't grow. Where does the water come from? From the mountains! So we should grow trees on the mountains for the future of our oyster farms." At first they didn't understand. But little by little they came to support his movement. they planted different kinds of trees under the slogan,"The forest is the partner of the sea."many people around Japan, including school children , have joined this movement. Lesson8 The music started. It was the folk song Where Have All the Flowers Gone? Katarina Witt began to skate to the music. At first the music sounded violent and she expressed then cruelty and the ugliness of war. Then the music changed into a gentle and moderate tone. She expressed the importance of peace. Lastly, the music became dynamic again. She showed a strong-willed girl, who never gives up her hope. She finished her performance with this image. Katrina's skating was not as perfect as before. But the audience gave her great applause from the heart. They knew why she had come back to the rink. She had won her first gold medal in Sarajevo. However, there was a civil war and many people were killed. Katarina decided to express her sorrow for Sarajevo and her prayer for peace. Katarina said , "I don't think I can change the world only through sports. But I believe I can give some beautiful present to people through my performance."

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 I arrived at Shishmaref in the summer of 1971 aboard mail plane. I was nineteen. As the plane landed, the villagers gathered from all around. Crowds of children came running up. Opening the door of the plane, I smelled the sea. Before I had time to find my host , he was by my side with a great smile on his face. "Michio?" "Yes, yes!" We shook hands, and in my broken English I managed to thank him for answering my letter. He wore glasses and, when he smiled, his whole face lit up. He had very friendly eyes. The Eskimos lived far from Japan, but their faces were like my own. I already knew that they would be, but it was a surprise to see them all the same.