• ベストアンサー

英文の邦訳

Mr. Fink declared, recalling the $100 million he blew thanks to failed mortgage trades in 1986. ‘And it was bad. . . . I believed I had figured out the market. But I was wrong because while I wasn’t watching, the world had changed. 上記英文の邦訳を中心とするお願い申し上げます。

• jubu
  • お礼率86% (919/1061)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

以下のとおり、語句と訳文をお答えします。 (語句) *recalling the $100 million he blew:ふいにした(無駄に支払った)1億ドルのことを思い出して。 *thanks to failed mortgage trades:住宅ローン取引に失敗したせいで。 *it was bad:それは悪夢であった。 *I believed I had figured out the market:私は市場(のからくり・計算式)が分かった気になっていた。 *I was wrong:私は間違いを犯してしまった。 *while I wasn’t watching, the world had changed:注意を逸らしている間に、世界が変わった。 (訳文) 《フィンク氏は、1986年に住宅ローン取引に失敗したせいでふいにした(無駄に支払った)1億ドルのことを思い出して、こう言明した。「そう、それは悪夢でした。…私は市場(のからくり)が分かった気になっていました。しかし、注意を逸らしている間に世界が変わったので、私は間違いを犯してしまったのです。》

jubu
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。

jubu
質問者

補足

語句が悉く,知見に溢れた説明です。感謝申し上げます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳をお願いします。

I have always regarded his statements in regard to the Treatise as unreliable. The effect of the violent disappointment he had about that was to arouse a complex in him which prevented him from being sensible on the matter for the rest of his life; his chief object being to cover up and to excuse. On looking into Birkbeck Hill I find that I am not alone in attributing this side to his character. Hill writes on page viii of his preface: “Hume, with a levity which is only found in a man who is indifferent to strict truthfulness. . .”. 上記英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 英文これでよいでしょうか?

私の母はいつも小言ばかり言ってました。私は何も悪い事はしてないのに。これは気力をなくすだけです。 でもアメリカ人の母は私をいつも褒めてました。これは私に自信を持たせてくれました。 もし私がずっとアメリカで暮らしていたら、私の人生はもっとお大きく変わっていたと思います。 ●My mother was always talking -to me.I did not anything bad behavior. This is just lose my power and enthusiasm.(又は became discouraged) But American mother was always said nice things to me. That gave me a lot of confidence. If I had still lived in the US my life had changed entirely. 英文どうでしょうか? 出来ればあまり深刻に書きたくないのですが、何かいい文がありましたら、教えてくださいませ。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

On 23 May 1915, Italy declared war on Austria-Hungary. Salandra had expected that Italy's entrance on the allied side would bring the war to a quick solution, but in fact it changed little, and Italy's first year in the war was marked by only very limited success. Following the success of an Austrian offensive from the Trentino in the spring of 1916, Salandra was forced to resign. After World War I, Salandra moved further to the right, and supported Mussolini's accession to power in 1922. Nine years later he died in Rome.

• いくつかの英文の訳をお願いします。

いくつかの英文の訳をお願いします。 ・お腹がいっぱいの時に更に料理が出てきた時   How could I hurt her feelings and refuse. ・母が作った料理について   My host mother was in credible cook. Every meal she prepared had several courses, and was guarantee to add at least a kilogram to my hips. ・Believed it or not I gained ten kilogram during my homestay. And all because I was just being polite. 急いでますので解る方お願いします。

• 正しい英文にしたいです

(1) What were you doing at eight last night? I was seeing the baseball game in Tokyo dome. seeはふつうingにしないのでしょうか?watchingのほうが適切ですか? (2) 私は私の好きなテレビ番組を見ました。 I watched my favorite TV program on TV. on TV は、いりますか? (3) そこで長い時間楽器を吹きました。 I played a musical instrument long time there. (4) 僕たちはたくさんの野球の練習試合をした。 そしてたくさん負けました。 でも試合に参加できてよかったです。 そこで楽しい一日を過ごすことができました。 We had many baseball practice matches. And we lost the matches many times. But I was happy because I was able to join the matches. I was able to spend a happy day there. あっていますか?>< (5) ・お昼より少し前に友達と映画を見に行きました。 ・医者から風邪だと言われました。 とは英語でなんていいますか? たくさんありますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 過去完了は過去の一瞬の動作を表す?

I was watching the video when the call from the client came through という文章があります 僕は I had watched the video~ かと思ったのですが正解はI was watchingでした 理由は過去完了は一瞬の動作を表し、 過去形は動作の一部始終を表すからだという事ですが これがよくわかりません なぜこの文は過去形を使うのでしょうか?? よろしくお願いします

• 以下の英文の訳を教えてください。

以下の英文の訳を教えてください。 最初の「If~my boyfriend」の部分が上手く訳せません。 If it wasn't already embarrassing enough to tell my boyfriend I was on my period, I had to explain what a period is in the first place. どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• cover

I’m a queer man in my early 20s. I’m primarily interested in other men, but I always figured I was a little bit closer to bisexual than gay. I’ve been with a few women and enjoyed it—it wasn’t a cover while I was closeted or anything— it wasn’t a coverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文の訳教えてください

英語の教科書の一部でわからないとこがあるので教えてください (1)but it wasn`t always like that (2)becuse he was attracted to the connection with the audience (3)‘thanks to my performances’he says ‘i can communicate directly with people’ (4)tezuka explains that audiences react differently in different countries. (5)‘in japan peple watch me like they are watching tv’ この5つがわからないので訳がわかるかた教えてください(*_*)

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

On 23 May 1915, Italy declared war on Austria-Hungary. Salandra had expected that Italy's entrance on the allied side would bring the war to a quick solution, but in fact it changed little, and Italy's first year in the war was marked by only very limited success. Following the success of an Austrian offensive from the Trentino in the spring of 1916, Salandra was forced to resign. After World War I, Salandra moved further to the right, and supported Mussolini's accession to power in 1922. Nine years later he died in Rome.