Ignored on our end: A disappointing experience at our nephew's college football game

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My husband and I traveled three hours to attend our nephew's college football game, only to be completely ignored by him and our family.
  • Despite giving up tickets to a Division I game in our hometown, we were left feeling disappointed and ignored at our nephew's game.
  • The experience of being ignored on our end during our nephew's college football game left us feeling frustrated and unappreciated.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

on our end

Yesterday my husband and I spent three hours on the road, traveling from our home to our nephew's college football game. We told my sister we planned to attend his game and gave up tickets to a Division I game in our hometown. I called my sister on the way there to ask whether she could save us seats. It was then that I found out she wouldn't be attending her son's game. Instead, she had gotten tickets to the game we were missing. The weather was perfect. The tickets cost only $5 each. And our nephew played about half the game. The problem occurred after the game, when we stood on the field. We were next to my brother-in-law, waiting to greet our nephew, but we were completely ignored the whole time. First my nephew stopped at the other end of the field to greet his girlfriend. He finally appeared on our end and stopped on the right side of us to greet his friends and their father. on our endはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

on our endはどのような意味でしょうか?  フットボールの競技場は長方形で、両端があります。向こうの端でまずガールフレンドに会い、おもむろに老人たちのいる「こちらの端に」お越しあそばされたのでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• hold out on

I have recently started to have some serious anger issues toward my older sister. She has had a major drug problem for years so I started to slowly cut her out of my and my husband and child’s lives. We tried it all, interventions, etc., but nothing worked. When my father passed away in 2012, it was his wish that we split everything 50/50. She started selling equipment and pocketed the money. Once I found out about it, we had a huge blowup. I started the process to open his estate and wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. She held out on things she wanted: his house, my grandparents’ home, an empty lot. hold out onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• grind on

I've had a crush on my brother's friend for years. I invited him to the birthday party I threw for my brother, and I also invited my best friend. Bestie had never met Crush before, but she knew of my crush. They spent the evening together, flirting and getting more touchy-feely the more they drank. She was grinding on him by the end of the night. ここでのgrinding onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• keep to the terms

My husband and I are very well-off and have no children. I have several nieces and nephews, and years ago we offered to pay for their college tuition. About five years ago, my nephew lied to his parents and us and failed out of his freshman year, wasting over $20,000. We both were furious and since then have added some conditions to our offer. We wouldn’t pay for the tuition upfront but reimburse the complete cost after the semester was over if they had a GPA of 2.5. We feel that is more than reasonable and have seen three of my nieces graduate debt-free. My problem is my sister’s youngest girl is failing this semester at a very prestigious university and will be on academic probation next year. My sister wants us to still write the check, and I told her we would do so if my niece kept to the terms. keep to the termsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• talked right over us

My husband's sister came to visit us recently. From the minute she came in the door, she talked, nonstop, for an hour and 45 minutes. She talked about her life, complained about her husband, talked about her adult children and on and on. She never once asked how we were or what we were up to. The few times my husband or I tried to talk, she talked right over us. she talked right over usはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• go on off hours

My good friend and I live a considerable distance from each other. Every two months, we meet at a restaurant that's halfway between our homes, to eat and catch up. These food/gab fests last about two to three hours. We go to a place that's not overly popular, and we go on off hours. go on off hoursはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• snapの意味

My wife and I have an adorable little hound dog who is extremely friendly with people and (usually) other dogs. One gentleman and his dog are especially friendly with our dog, which goes very well when greeting from behind a fence. However, we often take our dog on walks at the same time as this gentleman. While his dog is usually quite sweet, he just cannot get used to greeting other animals while they’re both on leashes. He runs over to greet our pup, but then panics, snaps, and occasionally tries to bite our dog. ここでのsnapsはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書をみると「噛み付く」とありますが、あとにtries to bite our dogとあるので違うでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• raw from our grief

I am unexpectedly pregnant with my second child, and I have no idea how to tell my stepchildren, my family, my friends, or even my husband about my pregnancy. My husband and I lost our first child, an infant, in a horrible accident this past March. We’re still raw from our grief and haven’t even discussed if or when we’d have another child. raw from our griefはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Last month, my fiancé left me for his ex and canceled our wedding. And I am fine. Now that everything has settled down, I find myself relieved. We were together three years, never fought, and were good on paper together. I used to describe us as OK when the real word was lukewarm. I feel like a fraud for not feeling bad. We lost some deposits, but my ex has lost our entire circle of friends. His family has apologized to me and bad-mouthed his new girl to me. My ex even paid off my car for me as a ‘sorry for leaving you at the altar!’ gesture. 1 good on paperとはどのような意味でしょうか? 2 when the real word was lukewarm.とはどういうことでしょうか? 3 paid off my carは「車のローンを返済した」でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• push back on the request

My fiancé and I are getting married next year and plan on inviting only close friends and family. My fiancé’s parents and my father are very generously splitting the costs of the wedding, and I asked them if they wanted to add a few people to our guest list as a token of my gratitude (they’re very reasonable people). I’m fine with everyone they added (about 10 people) except for my fiancé’s aunt. I’ve only met her twice, but according to my future in-laws, she’s a compulsive thief. His family hides their purses and valuables when she is invited to events. She was recently fired for stealing from her co-worker. Based on her past behavior, I think it’s likely she’ll steal from guests during the reception or even from the gift table. Is there a way I can gently push back on the request to include this person? push back on the requestは「リクエストを先送りする」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

When I moved into my current home with my husband, "John," and our 7-year-old son three years ago, we invited my mother over to see the new house. We were annoyed but not surprised when she found our spare key and made a copy for herself. Since then, she has seen herself in at any time, without calling in advance. she has seen herself inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします