どうすれば自分の友人との関係を保ちながら距離を置き、質問やゴシップを避けられるでしょうか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 47歳の離婚した女性の友人が最近、非常に悪い行動をとっています。彼女が自己中心的で自己中心的な人物になったこと(または以前からそうであったかもしれません)や、彼女の新しい乱れたライフスタイルを容認することはできません。私は自分の意見を押し付ける気はなく、友情を修復しようとしたり、他の人々に影響を与えようとしたりする欲望もありません。私たちは多くのオーバーラップする社交イベントがある小さなコミュニティに住んでいます。彼女はまだ私の一番の友人のように振る舞っています。どうすれば礼儀正しく距離を保ち、質問やゴシップを避けることができますか?
  • 47歳の友人が最近、自己中心的で自己満足な行動をとっています。私はそのような彼女の態度に耐えられず、彼女の乱れたライフスタイルを容認することもできません。ただし、私は自分の意見を押し付けるつもりはありませんし、彼女との友情を修復しようともしません。私たちは小さな共同体に住んでおり、多くの共通の社交イベントがあります。彼女はまだ私の一番の友人のふりをしていますが、どのようにして礼儀正しく距離を保ち、質問やゴシップを避けることができますか?
  • 47歳の離婚した女性の友人が最近、非常に自己中心的な行動をとっています。私は彼女が乱れたライフスタイルを続けることを容認できないし、彼女の態度にも我慢ができません。ただし、私は彼女に対して意見を述べることや友情を修復しようとすることはありません。私たちは社会的なイベントが重なる小さなコミュニティに住んでいますが、彼女はまだ私の一番の友人として振る舞っています。どのようにして礼儀正しく距離を保ち、質問やゴシップを避けることができるでしょうか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Without going into snarky detail, a 47-year-old recently divorced female “friend” has been behaving very badly. I can’t tolerate the selfish, self-absorbed person she has become (or perhaps always was, I don’t know) or condone her new promiscuous lifestyle. I keep my opinions to myself, and I have no desire to confront her, try to repair the friendship, or influence others against her. We live in a small community with many overlapping social events. She still presents herself as one of my very best friends. How do I maintain a civil distance and avoid the questions and gossip? snarky detailはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、overlapping social eventsとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"Without going into snarky detail" 「忌々しい(不愉快な)背景は(詳細は)差し置くとして」 "overlapping social events" 「(「友達」と「私」の出席・参加が)被る社交的行事」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• なぜ進行形ではないか

Two years ago I moved to a beautiful suburb where there is no social life for someone under 40 without kids. I’ve mostly counted on my friends online. My best friend had also been living somewhere where she didn’t have a big social life, and we were both fairly depressed. I felt we were really close, and we talked almost every day online and a couple of times a month on the phone. A month ago she moved to New York City, where she now lives with an old friend and has many other friends nearby. She got a pet she loves and is doing really well in her field, and her depression is improving. I’m really happy for her. But she hasn’t spontaneously contacted me since she moved. I messaged her once, and her replies were monosyllabic. She hasn’t really engaged with me on social media, although she’s been more active than ever. I miss her, and I feel incredibly alone and depressed. I’ve cried for days about this. Our mutual friend thinks she’s just busy, but I suspect she doesn’t have room for me in her life anymore. I tried to be a supportive friend through all her rough times, but she’s basically gone from my life. How do I get over the hurt? Am I just jealous? 最後のところは「今まさにそのような状態」なのでAm I just being jealous?とはならないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• walked me through

I've been friends with "Myrtle" for nearly 20 years. She used to work for me. I'm a very strong, independent woman. I've never needed many friends (I've been married to my best friend for 37 years). Myrtle has always been a drama queen. She demands a lot of attention. She is exhausting. Her husband and I have also butted heads over the years. It drains me to hang out with them for any period of time. The last time she had one of her explosions, I backed off. My therapist has walked me through my feelings and I'm now very clear that being with her is unhealthy for me. I tried to back out slowly, but then she created drama over nothing again -- exploding, and then coming back and apologizing. walked me through my feelingsとcreated drama over nothingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• culturally appropriating

My best friend is getting married late this year to an Indian American guy, and she has asked me to be in her wedding. She and I are both white. Her fiancé has made it clear that he wants many elements of a traditional Indian wedding to be in this ceremony, including the clothes that my friend and her bridal party will be wearing. It’s important to him and to his family that she and her bridesmaids participate in a henna-painting ceremony as well. My friend and I are worried—are we culturally appropriating? culturally appropriatingとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• refer

I broke up with someone a year ago. After we broke up, she unfriended me on social media, never responded to my birthday message, and stopped spending time with mutual friends lest she end up around me. Recently I found out that she is looking for new work opportunities. A friend of mine works in the same sector and has a job opening that would be perfect for her. She is extremely qualified, and I think she would enjoy this role. Should I reach out and let her know I can refer her? refer herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My father passed away more than 10 years ago rather suddenly. My mother dated a man for a while a few years ago, but she left him because his drinking was out of control. Her friends are all couples that have been married nearly 40 years, and she loves them, but she often feels like a third wheel (or fifth or seventh). My mom is awesome—she’s funny and intelligent and beautiful and has lots of friends and hobbies, but I know she’s missing consistent companionship (i.e. a man-friend). I keep steering her toward online dating, but she won’t bite. Aside from going to weird over-60 bars, what can I do to help her? weird over-60 barsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• song and dance

I recently had my first baby. It is a magical time for me and my husband. My parents, who live relatively close by, were elated by my son’s arrival and are very doting grandparents. My mother and I have had a very rocky history, and I was hopeful that my son could have a relationship with his grandmother, separate from my own issues with her. As she is with everything in my life, my mother is extremely overbearing. She never gives me a compliment and constantly questions and criticizes every decision I make. She is very concerned about appearances, and tries to constantly push her wishes for how to dress and feed my child, etc., on me. I accept and welcome suggestions—but my mother will force her will. She nags, belittles, and insults my decisions until I replace them with her own. She constantly interferes in our decisions. Ignoring her is impossible, as she will nag until you agree to adopt her decision. My father tells me that she is my mother, and although she is very difficult, she will not change, so I must. This has been the song and dance of my whole life. I am tired of having to be the one to roll over just because she won’t change or accept my decisions. ここでのthe song and danceとroll overはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• assigns dishes

My husband and I are very social and have several groups of friends. Lately, one of these friends has started to make every get-together a potluck. Even for special occasions such as birthdays, the hostess asks each guest to bring a food item. Many times, she actually assigns dishes. assigns dishesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• double down

Q. Drunk Driving Prevention Ends Friendship: I threw a Halloween party this weekend, and my good friend Alicia came. During the party Alicia drank a lot and became very drunk. Even so, she wanted to drive home at the end of the night. I took her keys and refused to return them to her. I offered to call a cab or a sober friend to drive her home and offered to let her stay in my spare room. Alicia freaked out at me and demanded I return her keys to her. She said she was a grown woman and could make her own decisions. I still refused to give her the keys to her car, so eventually she called another friend to drive her home. The next day Alicia emailed me to demand the return of her car keys—I told her and her friend, when she left, that she could pick up her car as soon as she sobered up—and to tell me our eight-year friendship was over. She accused me of being controlling, disrespectful, crazy, and totally out of line. I am hurt by Alicia’s decision to end our friendship, but I don’t think I did the wrong thing by preventing her from driving drunk. What should I have done? Should I bother reaching out to Alicia and apologizing? A: An apology is owed here: Alicia to you. It would have been nice when she sobered up if she said she appreciated your saving her from killing herself or someone else. Instead she’s doubling down on her right to break the law and endanger the lives of everyone on the road. doubling down on her rightはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• social cripple

I recently dated a woman for five months. She is in her late 70s like me. She is twice widowed. Husband No. 2 passed away three years ago. My lady friend and I were together for dinners, outdoor community events and theater performances, and I competed some light landscaping work around her house and some minor household repairs. On my very first date with her, I told her at dinner that I am a social cripple when it comes to dating. I hadn't dated anyone in years. I was also concerned that she might be still grieving for husband No. 2. We had a total of 36 dates together. About halfway through this dating saga, I asked her whether I was doing OK. She replied that I was doing fine. However, soon after that, when I asked her to attend some club picnics and a family birthday party, she declined, citing conflicts. I sensed that something was going wrong. On the 34th date, I asked for a hug. This was our first physical contact. While I hugged her, she held her hands to the sides of her body and looked at the floor. social crippleとdating sagaはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、held her hands to the sides of her bodyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am getting married next spring, and my fiancé and I are very excited to move to the next phase of our relationship. Wedding planning has been surprisingly easy, save for my mother. My mother has an opinion on everything in that she wants everything to involve her. She wants to pick out music for her to be seated to. pick out music for her to be seated toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします