• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:よろしくお願いします)

What is the meaning of 'the whole ugly duckling skit'?

SPS700の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。the whole ugly duckling skitはどのような意味でしょうか?  アンデルセンの童話「醜いアヒルの子」(下記)を基にした児童劇のことです。 http://hukumusume.com/douwa/pc/world/08/16.htm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0BB99Erls 2.あと、how terrible must it be to ugly that they’d lie to me about it? の和訳もお願いします。 how terrible must it be to be so ugly that they’d lie to me about it? と修繕すれば 「あまりにも醜くて、私に嘘をつかなければならないとは、どんなに苦痛だったことだろう。 3。to uglyは見たことがない形なのですが、ミスプリでしょうか?  be so の二語を2のように補填すればいいと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• grow absent

I had my daughter about six months ago. In my circle of friends I’m the only to have a baby, so needless to say she gets a lot of attention. One friend in particular seems to be a little obsessed with her, and it kind of freaks me and my husband out. She’s constantly buying things for her, referring to herself as her godmother (she’s not, my sister is, and she knows it). She asks for pictures of her throughout the day to help get her through work, and mentions that while she’s looking for a new job she would never relocate because she wants to be near my daughter. And recently when she comes over, she asks if she can wear her in my baby carrier so people will think she’s her child! I appreciate that she is so supportive of us, and I know most people find their childless friends grow absent once they have a baby, but this is just a little over the top. grow absentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mother is in her mid-60s and I think she still looks pretty great for her age. However, I’m beginning to suspect that she doesn’t know how to properly deal with her aging skin. It’s the only explanation I can think of for why she’s begun adding more and more dramatic makeup over the past several years. She applies a thick line of black eyeliner under her eyes, well below where most women apply it. She also pastes on thick foundation and uses very dark lipstick. All of this makeup does nothing for her and I think she looks quite beautiful without it. My husband has noticed how heavy her makeup is as well. I would love to buy her a makeover so that maybe an experienced makeup artist could show her how to apply a softer look that works with her skin. But she’s extremely sensitive and I can’t think of a single way to tell her she needs to dial back the makeup without hurting her feelings. Is there a delicate way I can offer to buy her a makeover? buy her a makeoverとdial back the makeupの意味をおしえてください。よろしくお願いします

• what の意味について

2人の会話が以下のようにあります。 Angela: Ugh! I hate talking to Rebecca. Every time I ask her a question, she ignores me or sneers at me. Ronny: Are you sure it’s not your imagination? She’s perfectly nice to me. Angela: It’s not my imagination. When I try to tell her something, she cuts me off. When I try to explain something to her, she’s short with me or talks over me. I always get the feeling that she’s looking down her nose at me. Ronny: Maybe she feels threatened by you. Angela: How so? Ronny: You’re younger, smarter, and better educated. She might feel like you’re after her job. Angela: But I’m not! I just started here and I don’t have any designs on replacing her. Ronny: And you’re prettier than she is. Angela: What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true? とまだ次に続くのですが、最後の文の “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?” は、 “What does that have to do with ~?” で、「~とどういう関係があるのか」という言い回しがあるようですが、 What と、that を文法的に教えていただきたいのです。 have to do with =~と関係がある という意味ですが、 先の疑問文を通常文(肯定文)にしたらどうなるのでしょうか。 that は、She(Angela) is prettier than she(Rebecca) is. を指し、 what は、この場合は漠然とした意味でsomething 又はit と考え、 That have something ( 又は it?) to do wiht something. としました。 疑問文にすると、that (AngelaがRebeccaよりもかわいい)ということで、「何と」(haveの後のsomething)、「何か」(withの後のsomething)がと関係あるのか? ちなみに、解説では、 “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?”meaning why is that important that I may be prettier than she is. とあります。 あまり質問が上手に説明できていませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• It would be like me to

This morning my work email brought a message from a woman I haven’t seen in more than five years. We worked together (different departments, same university) in early 2011. At first I thought the email was a mistake—meant for someone else with my name—because I didn’t recognize the sender’s name. But then I remembered her. She and I had lunch or dinner together a couple of times when I lived in that city, and we talked about work stuff; both of us were from someplace else and neither had many friends there. It wasn’t what I would call a friendship. Her email says that she is coming to my current city for a particular art exhibit and that she would like to see me (maybe catch the art show together), and asked whether I would be interested in meeting when she’s here. I’m not. I remember so little about her. After all this time, do I owe her a reply? In fairness to her, I probably said something like, “If you ever come to [my city], let me know.” It would be like me to issue such an invitation never thinking she’d take me up on it. It would be like meはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• start in

"Dear Prudie, I am a married woman in my early 40s with young children whose longtime, local job in New England is being transitioned to the corporate office in the Midwest. My husband works for the same company and has a job offer there and we’ve decided to relocate. The company is compensating us generously. The issue is that my mother, who’s in her late 60s, is having a very difficult time accepting our decision. She insists that I stay, even though she knows it would put my family at financial risk since I would no longer have a job. She is giving me guilt trips laden with mentions of emotional abandonment, threats that she’d “rather not be alive” if I go, and accusations of putting greed before family. We have asked her to move with us, and she refuses. We have told her we can bring her out for weeks at a time to stay with us, which she also refuses because she said she won’t drive such long distances and doesn’t like to fly. I understand her sadness, but I’m becoming angry and resentful that she thinks it is a viable answer to put my family in financial peril for her. Please help. —Leaving on a Jet Plane? Dear Jet, Though I don’t buy her claims of emotional abandonment, I do buy that you are being emotionally blackmailed. Your mother is insinuating she’ll kill herself if you follow the absolutely necessary path of transferring to headquarters. I believe that’s an empty threat, but if she keeps this up, she’ll only make your move easier by causing you to want to flee her harangues. You don’t say that your mother is infirm, so while she may not be up to driving herself such long distances, there’s no excuse for her to say she’ll refuse to get on a plane for a relatively short hop. But flying to see you wouldn’t even be necessary if she’d agree to take you up on your offer of moving to the Midwest. Presumably, she’s a lifelong New Englander with a web of family and friends, so she may not want to start over. But that’s her decision, and it means spending time with you and the grandchildren will require travel. Tell her you’re going, her options have been explained to her, and you are going to refuse to listen to more weeping and wailing. If she starts in, hang up the phone or leave—until you leave for good. " ここでのstarts inはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• double down

Q. Drunk Driving Prevention Ends Friendship: I threw a Halloween party this weekend, and my good friend Alicia came. During the party Alicia drank a lot and became very drunk. Even so, she wanted to drive home at the end of the night. I took her keys and refused to return them to her. I offered to call a cab or a sober friend to drive her home and offered to let her stay in my spare room. Alicia freaked out at me and demanded I return her keys to her. She said she was a grown woman and could make her own decisions. I still refused to give her the keys to her car, so eventually she called another friend to drive her home. The next day Alicia emailed me to demand the return of her car keys—I told her and her friend, when she left, that she could pick up her car as soon as she sobered up—and to tell me our eight-year friendship was over. She accused me of being controlling, disrespectful, crazy, and totally out of line. I am hurt by Alicia’s decision to end our friendship, but I don’t think I did the wrong thing by preventing her from driving drunk. What should I have done? Should I bother reaching out to Alicia and apologizing? A: An apology is owed here: Alicia to you. It would have been nice when she sobered up if she said she appreciated your saving her from killing herself or someone else. Instead she’s doubling down on her right to break the law and endanger the lives of everyone on the road. doubling down on her rightはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします

I love her. She is sexy and beautiful. She looks like she's the kind of woman that feels a bit trapped by her beauty in such a way that it disallows her toughness to be taken so seriously. haha Awesome drawing.

• 和訳お願いします

少し長めですが、和訳をお願いいたします。 Now, at the end of this virtual visit, I ask the mother if there’s anything else I can do for her today. She says no, she’s set, she just wanted to know if she should bring her baby to the emergency room, and she’s relieved she doesn’t have to. I say great, that she should feel free to call us back if she has any other questions.

• wouldの意味

My mom used to be quite anti-smoking. She said she had never tried it and never wanted to, that it smelled terrible, and that it was like burning up money. Recently, I started noticing the smell of cigarette smoke on her. I peeked into her purse and found an opened cigarette pack! Why would she do this? Why would she do this?のwouldはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• now that構文?

For the last three years I’ve had full custody of my (now) 9-year-old daughter. It hasn’t been easy. I was never enthusiastic about having a child and, while I adore her now she’s here, being a parent hasn’t come naturally to me. now she’s hereはどのような訳になるでしょうか?now that構文のthatが省略された形でしょうか?よろしくお願いします