How to Protect Your Feelings Without Having Sex? | Polite Ways to End a Sexual Encounter

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Unlearning the message that you are responsible, as a woman, for making a man feel always comfortable is the work of a lifetime! There are dozens of ways to politely stop a sexual encounter: “Thanks for a nice evening, but I’m not feeling a connection, so I’m going to go home”; “I’m not comfortable with this anymore; let’s stop”; “I’m not coming in, good night.” The bigger problem is overriding the voice in your brain that says you can't speak up for yourself without hurting someone's feelings or damaging their pride.
  • 「I’m going to go home」と「I will go home」は同じ意味であり、将来の予定を表現する際に使われます。「I'm going home」は現在進行形であり、今から帰ることを意味します。
  • 「I’m not coming in」は、内部に入ることを断る表現です。つまり、性行為を拒否して外にいることを意味します。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I have more than once had sex, or gone further than I was really comfortable going with men, for the sake of preserving their feelings, or because I felt I had already taken things too far to back out. Almost all of my female friends have a similar story. How do I convince myself that I don’t need to have sex with someone to protect their feelings? And how do I find the words to politely end a sexual encounter after I become uncomfortable? —Opting Out (相談に対する回答)Unlearning the message that you are responsible, as a woman, for making a man feel always comfortable is the work of a lifetime! The language itself is fairly simple and straightforward. There are dozens of ways to politely stop a sexual encounter: “Thanks for a nice evening, but I’m not feeling a connection, so I’m going to go home”; “I’m not comfortable with this anymore; let’s stop”; “I’m not coming in, good night.” The bigger problem, which you’ve already identified, is overriding the voice in your brain that says Oh my God, I couldn’t possibly say that, even if it were true. He’d be so offended, and I’d hurt his pride, and what if he tried to point out that I seemed to be having a good time earlier? 1 I’m going to go homeはI will go homeまたはI'm going homeとも言えるでしょうか?違いは何でしょうか? 2 I’m not coming in,はどのような意味でしょうか? 3 overriding the voiceはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.2

>1 I’m going to go homeはI will go homeまたはI'm going homeとも言えるでしょうか? ⇒はい、すべて言えると思います。 >違いは何でしょうか? ⇒「(セックスをやんわりと断る方法はたくさんあります。“すてきな夜をありがとう、でも私セックスをしたいとは思わないのよ。だから) I’m going to go home:家へ帰る予定よ” I will go home:家へ帰るつもりよ” I'm going home:家へ帰るわ”」。 >2 I’m not coming in,はどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「ゴールインはやめときましょうね、(おやすみ)」 と、暗示的な表現come in「ゴールインする」を使って、「セックスを婉曲に断る」ための表現ですね。 >3 overriding the voiceはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「声に打ち勝つこと」。 ☆「(より大きな問題は、すでにお分かりのように、“ああ、たとえ真実でもそんなことはとても言えないわ”、というあなたの内なる)声に打ち勝つこと(打ち勝ってそう伝えること)です」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1 I’m going to go homeはI will go homeまたはI'm going homeとも言えるでしょうか?  言えます。 違いは何でしょうか?  I will go homeまたはI'm going home だと、何か答える隙をピッタリ全部塞ぐ感じ、I’m going to go home は少し開けておく感じです。  日本語で言えば「わたし帰る」対「帰るよ」の違いに似ていて、まだ言い方でも意味は微妙に変わりますが文字の上では、あまりわからないと思います。  2 I’m not coming in,はどのような意味でしょうか?  あなたの領域(家、アパート)、あるいはあなたのいるベッド、に今夜は入る気は無い、と両方かけた表現だと思います。 3 overriding the voiceはどのような意味でしょうか?  (あなたの心の中での「そんなこと言えない」という)声に打ち勝って(=そういう衝動を抑えて)という意味でしょう。  

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英訳について パート2

英訳について パート2 こちらが後の方の英文メールです。 長文申し訳ありません、宜しくお願いします‥!! Congratulations because of your tv appearance. Hey I had a date with the TV - star!!! Hahaha ...see, I'm not the only one who thinks you're very pretty! I would love to see it. Will it be on the internet? It would be my pleasure to show the world to you. I think it's not the nice food that makes a diner nice or it's not the nice scenery that makes something a great holiday. But it's also the person you go with and to see that that person is enjoying it. When we had diner it gave me so much pleasure to see that you were enjoying it and to see a smile on that pretty face of yours. We should make plans to do something together ...I'm going to stop mailing, because then I can still go to gym ... and you told me to take care of myself ... I almost feel forced to go to gym ... hahaha 以上です。 読んで下さり、ありがとうございます。

• よろしくお願いします

Recently I received two separate announcements letting me know that I’m not invited to the wedding of a friend. Both of these came out of the blue; I had not precipitated them by asking if I was going to get an invitation. Apparently, it’s a trend for brides and grooms to tell people who didn’t make the cut that they aren’t going to witness the special day. I had not precipitated themはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 未来形について

Q. Mother’s insensitivity: I have bipolar disorder and OCD. I live with my elderly mother and, for the most part, we get along well. My issue is that my mother is grossly insensitive to my need for her to not touch my food. She is not good about washing her hands after various personal activities. Last week, she started picking things off of my half of a pizza with her fingers, and I asked her to not touch my food for the umpteenth time. She claimed angrily, not for the first time, that I “play out the OCD thing to an extreme” on purpose. I do not, and I’ve worked hard to keep my OCD from being a problem for others. How can I get my mother to grasp the fact that when anyone touches my food I am unable to eat that food? I do a great deal of work for her in this house, and I don’t think that it is too much to ask that she understand and accept my needs. A: Tell her, “I’m not ‘playing out the OCD thing.’ I have OCD, which affects my life on a regular basis regardless of how much I might wish it didn’t. I’ve asked you not to touch my food, and you refuse to stop. It’s a simple request, but if you can’t honor it, then I won’t be able to eat with you.” If your mother attempts to do anything but stop touching your food—if she tries to turn this into an argument, if she tries to convince you that it’s fine for her to do this, if she tries to insist that she “just can’t remember” that you don’t want her putting her hands on your food, then simply say, “I’ve asked you not to do this. I’m going to go now,” and eat elsewhere. I’m going to go nowのところですが、http://eikaiwa.dmm.com/blog/39416/にある「【“will” が使われる場合】 話しているその場で決めた未来のことを話すとき “be going to” が使われる場合】 話している時点ですでに決まっている/予定していることを話すとき」 の説明にあてはまらない気がするのですがどうでしょうか?(I’m going to go nowは即時的に決めたような感じがするので)よろしくお願いします

• be going to beがわかりません。

be going to beがわかりません。 I'm not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood. ご近所全員の前で辱をかかせたら承知しないわよ! (親が子供に言ってる台詞でした) この文は何でbe going toを使うのですか? be going toは、これから何かしようとする時に使うと思っていました。 I'm going to go to....のように。

• 英文和訳のお願い

以下の英文の分かりやすい日本語をお願いします。 In bull markets things go to prices which nobody can conceive of. I’m the bull, and I’m telling you, at one point I’m going to sellout and then they’re going double again. In the bull market in stocks, who would’ve thought that CISCO(社名) would have gone up a hundred times. It did. That’s what happens at the end of a bull market and that’s what’s going to happen at the end of the bull market in commodities. It’s still several years away.

• parse

(相談投稿) Hi Carolyn: My friend's boyfriend passed away last week and the funeral is tomorrow. My friend told her roommate that she didn't want her friends going to the funeral if they were going just for her, and I'm torn on whether to go. Although I liked her boyfriend and considered him a friend, my connection to him was through her and I would mostly go to support her. I want to respect her wishes, but I'm also worried that not going is the wrong thing, and that she will look back and be upset I wasn't there. The service is being held six hours away from me, so I've got to figure it out today. -- To Go or Not to Go Maybe it's just me, but I find "her wishes" almost impossible to parse. parseは「理解する」くらいで良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I'm almost 30. I have a full-time job, and I'm still going to school. I'm still going to schoolは定期的に行っているのならI still go to school.としたくなるのですが、なぜ進行形なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I’m also monogamous

I am a bisexual man in my 20s. I prefer women, but I have had casual sexual relationships with men. I’m also monogamous. I am comfortable with my sexuality and realize that it’s fine to be attracted to both genders but to still have a pretty strong preference. I’m also monogamousは「一夫一婦主義」ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 Almost every time that I've gone through a dip in my mental health I have gone back to my country and surrounded myself with mob. So I'm a proud Ngarabal and Cannemegal woman from the Darug and Kamilaroi nations. When I was 13, 14, when I was having a dip in my mental health, being around elders, being around community, that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to. この文章は発話文です。 1. that has always been something that when I am feeling not so good that I go to. that when となっていますが、 これは、話者がthat を発した時には that I go toを言おうとしたけれど、 when I am feeling not so good を途中で挿入しようと思ったためにthat when という並びになっているという理解で合っているのか自信がないです。 2. something that I go to.というのは、 「わたしがいたるもの」という理解で合っているのか分からないです。 go to と来たら場所!と感じるのですが、 something がgo to に来る場合の解釈が分からないです。 解説宜しくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします!Do you have days though when you get down?

Totally. Absolutely thoroughly depressed. And that's when you befriend Hagan Daaz and you just make love to your Hagan Daaz. yeah, I have days that I pretend like there's nothing wrong. I'll go on and everything fine, and then I will have a complete meltdown over the french fries not being done, and then you realize, I'm not crying because of this, I'm crying because of that. And if I, the day that I get to crying because of what actually happened will be a good day for me. I have a very dark side.everybody has a dark side, I just don't believe in bringing it to work. 長文ですいません…タイトルの質問に対して女優がインタビューに答えてるみたいなんですが何を言ってるのか趣旨がよくわかりません>_<、) 宜しくお願いします!