• ベストアンサー

gaps in their education

This year, I’ve worked in a special class for refugee students with gaps in their education, gaps in their educationとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

gaps in their educationとはどのような意味でしょうか? gap とは、下記のように「割れ目」とか「隙間」という意味です。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=gap  ここでは、「彼らの教育の隙間」すなわち(途中で、家を追われ、学校にも行けず)教育に中断のある(避難民のための特別なクラス)ということだと思います。  例えば小2までは行ったが、その後言葉も習慣も違う国に避難させられ、その後、小5に編入されたものの「教育に隙間がある」子供達のクラスなのでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• for と in で変わる?

(1)This is the coldest winter that I've experienced in there 10 years. と (2)This is the coldest winter that I've experienced for these 10 years. に 違いは ありますか? in の方が 今 を含み  for の方は、 過去の どこかの10年を切り取った ものと比べている気がしています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いいたします。

• ho boy

For the past year or two—but especially over the last few months—I’ve been having what I can only describe as a midlife crisis. I’ve lost complete interest in my job (though I’m still productive), don’t want to deal with my kids anymore even though I love them like crazy (I’ve been a single mom for 10 years with no help from their father), and basically just want to travel the world with no responsibilities. I know all of this is unreasonable, and with my financial situation, unrealistic. But For the past year or two—but especially over the last few months—I’ve been having what I can only describe as a midlife crisis. I’ve lost complete interest in my job (though I’m still productive), don’t want to deal with my kids anymore even though I love them like crazy (I’ve been a single mom for 10 years with no help from their father), and basically just want to travel the world with no responsibilities. I know all of this is unreasonable, and with my financial situation, unrealistic. But ho boy, I just want a break from real life for a year or two. , I just want a break from real life for a year or two. ho boyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• their lack of English language ability と the lack of their English ---

会話の本に This explains why it is almost impposible to get a westernーstyle conversation or discussion going with English students in Japan. I used to think that the problem was their lack of English language ability. But I finally came to realize that the biggest problem is that they,too, are playing the wrong game.  私はこの文章を覚えているのですが, 問題は二番目の文章で、their lack of English laguage ability を 時たまthe lack of their English language ability といっております。文章を書く場合は後者がただしいのだと思いますが、 話す場合は前者で良いのでしょうか。 教えて下さい。英文文頭のThis は前の文章のことです。

• 英語類義文の問い その2 です。

次の 3.a., b. の様な文は、あり得ますでしょうか。 3. a. Four windows are/exist in this room. b. Twenty students are/exist in this class. そして、上の2文が、あり得る場合には、 2. a. There are four windows in this room. b. There are twenty students in this class. と、意味が如何に違ってきますのでしょうか。

• taking their tolls on

下記の文章のtaking their tolls on のtheir は、何を指していますか。Enviromental stress を指していると思いますが、その場合意味が良くわかりません。 わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら、よろしくお願いします。 Environmental stresses are taking their tolls on the insects, however, and this year's Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement has gone to researcher May Berenbaum, who is studying solutions to the bee crisis. *take a toll on ~に被害[損害]を与える、~に犠牲を強いる 前後の文章 Bees play an important role in agriculture, pollinating crops and providing us with the natural sweetener, honey. Environmental stresses are taking their tolls on the insects, however, and this year's Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement has gone to researcher May Berenbaum, who is studying solutions to the bee crisis. 出展:VOA http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Bee-Expert-Honored-with-Tyler-Environmental-Prize-121265429.html

• 留学生 (Study in Japan)

Hello there! I am sorry for English and very long question. My name is Andrei and I from Russia, 24 years old. I want to study in the Japanese University of Short Circuit or College. I have a special education (college) and a bachelor's degree in business and commerce. I hope to find a job after study. But I have a lot questions. 1)Price policy. I correctly understand that the average price for one year of study is 800,000-1 000,000 yen? Can I expect a scholarship or a price reduction? 2)Universities and colleges. Could you recommend good variants for a foreigner? Interested in languages, hotel business, commerce, IT. 3)Cities. I don't like megacities, I would be happy to study in a very small town or a town like a Hiroshima, Naha, Nagasaki etc. Is it bad for a foreigner? Can will I find a job there? Thank you if you've read this.

• 次の英文の日本語訳を教えて頂けますでしょうか。

お世話になります。 次の英文は、海外の質問サイトに投稿されていたものなのですが、日本語訳を教えて頂くことできますでしょうか。 Should I work for Ernst & Young? I've been offered a debt collection role there and I've not worked for professionals before and am unsure if I'll find it too stiff & formal. I've worked in a variety of industries but none where I had to wear a suit & deal directly with highly important people in the company (in this case dealing directly with the partners). I'm a little intimidated at having to have meetings with individual partners, are they generally nice or high and mighty & looking down on you as though you're a subordinate? お力をお貸し頂ければ幸いです。 何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語類義文の意味についてです。

次の2対の、a. と b. は、意味がどう違うのでしょうか。1.a. を聴いたネイティブ・スピーカーは「あ、そう。」と言うだけだけれども、1.b. を聴いたネイティブは部屋全体を見回して確かめてから「ああ、本当だ。」と言うそうですが。 1. a. This room has four windows.   b. There are four windows in this room. 2. a. This class has twenty students.   b. There are twenty students in this class.

• 日本語訳にして下さい。

I can't believe this but I've fallen in love with you for such a short time. I really love you お願いします:(

• ”私は昨年まで市役所で働いていました”の言い方

”私は昨年まで市役所で働いていました”を自己紹介で英語で言う場合、どちらの言い方が正しいでしょうか?  (1) I was working for City Hall until last year. (2) I've worked for City Hall until last year. どちらも正しいとしたらどのようなニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? 英会話の得意な方教えてください。