• ベストアンサー

have reservations

Our son is in a serious relationship and I believe an engagement is in the offing. We like this young woman, but have reservations that I am struggling with. ここでのreservationsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのreservationsはどのような意味でしょうか? resrvation 特に複数の時は下記の2の意味で、「制限」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=reservation  ですから、この若い女性に我々好意は持っているものの私が今気にしているのは「無制限に」というわけではない(=多少心配なところがある)と言うことだ。

corta
質問者

お礼

と回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• double down

Our son is in a serious relationship and I believe an engagement is in the offing. We like this young woman, but have reservations that I am struggling with. It's clear our son spends a great deal of time and energy taking care of his girlfriend and making her feel secure and content, although she is rarely content for long. He makes all the food, goes out for her coffee, makes all the reservations, plans trips, etc. This never-ending support over her workplace and social worries seems awfully one-sided, and my son has confided that it can be exhausting and frustrating. He has suggested she see a therapist for anxiety or depression. His siblings share my concerns. They have reached out to her in numerous ways but she is usually tired or busy. Is there anything useful to say here? Or double down on being as kind and generous as I can be? double downはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• make a spectacle of

I live in a Southern state, and our home is located in a community of houses that are built pretty close together. Our neighborhood is a mix of families and young professionals. My husband and I have a 15-year-old son and an 11-year-old daughter. Our newish neighbor is an attractive woman in her early 30s. I don’t know her very well, but she seems perfectly nice. My issue involves the fact that she likes to lounge naked by the small pool in her yard. I found out that you can see her from our backyard deck when I caught my giggling son and his friend pointing her out. My husband and I spoke with my son about respecting someone’s privacy, that he shouldn’t make a spectacle of it, or God forbid take photos of her. make a spectacle of itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I’m a white woman married to an American-born Pakistani man. We’ve both been feeling rattled by the election and have each taken separate measures to uphold our political and social ideals for the future, including making monthly donations to organizations who support our beliefs. Beyond this, I’ve started to volunteer helping refugees in our area and have begun wearing a Black Lives Matter button on my coat. We live in a predominantly white county in a swing state that went red this year. I feel that this button is a small but persistent way to demonstrate my support of the movement while also challenging my community. My husband does not want me to wear it because he’s worried about my being harassed in public. I stay home with our son—I don’t wear this to an office, just places like the grocery store, bank, library, etc. I explained my reasoning behind it and he agreed to drop the issue but still shows some signs of disapproval when I get dressed to go out. Am I in the right here, or is the button an ineffective way to support the movement? went redとchallenging my communityはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、 Am I in the rightはAm I rightというのとはどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a college-age woman who recently got out of an almost yearlong polyamorous relationship with another woman and a man (they were pre-involved for years). It was a spectacularly awful breakup. At the moment, the male partner and I are dating, but the other woman is out due to attempted physical assault and anger issues. the other woman is outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• off-and-on about

I am in the middle of a divorce from my husband of almost 10 years. I had an affair with an out-of-state co-worker toward the end of my marriage and developed feelings for him. In the meantime, my co-worker has been off-and-on about the status of our relationship, and I ended up sleeping with a colleague during a work trip. off-and-on about the status of our relationshipはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳をお願いします😰

I understand you.and am sorry. For me there is just not the communication that a like to have in a relationship. You are a great person! I wish you the best. For me は「僕はね」で始まってますか?a like to haveは would like to でしょうか? これは一方的に文句を言って、もうあなたと会いたくないと言った後の返信です。 よろしくお願いします❗️

• なんて難しいのでしょうか!!

相手に伝えたい気持ちを英語にするとなんて難しいのでしょうか!!もちろん知識不足なので難しいと感じてしまうのですが…。 下記、正しく英語で表現したいのです…。 ご指導よろしくお願いします!! (1)「わたしたちの関係がどうにもならないことをわたしは理解していたはずだ」 I should have understood the relation between us wasn't seem to go anywhere. (2)「この先私たちってどうなるのだろう。」 What's our relationship coming to? (3)「この先どうなるかさっぱり分からない。」 I don't know where it's going to lead. (4)「さっきも言ったけど、私たちは今後予想がつかない関係であることはわかってた。」 Like I said before,understood our relationship is nowhere in sight In the future. (5)「その時(別れ)がくるまでこの関係を続けていていこうと思った。それでいいと思った。あなたのことがすきだったから。」 I thought It's ok that I'm going to have to continue our relationship until then,because I like you... (6)「ただ、私はあなたと一緒にいた時(そばにいた時)はとても幸せだった。」 However, I was very happy at the time of being with you when I visted you.

• 接続詞と比較の質問

Though I am young, I am running a company. を I am young, but I am running a company. としてもニュアンスの違いは生まれないでしょうか? また He treated us like so many servants. を He treated us like servants. としてはいけないでしょうか? 譲歩と逆接が書き換え可能なのか、so manyが絶対に必要なのかが疑問点です。 ご教示下さい。

• こんな感じでいいでしょうか??

I am seeing many adverts about our film coming out soon. 私達の映画、(たくさんの広告?宣伝?)みてるよ(やってるよ??)。 I dont know what happens to e-mails, if I am in I reply the same day. 私の何かあったemailは知らない。もし??私はその日に 返事だす。 I cannot believe you do not like easter eggs, do you know they are CHOCOLATE eggs! イースターエッグ知らないなんて信じられないよ。 知ってる?それらはチョコレートエッグなんだよ。 こんな訳し方でいいですか? お願いしますです。

• be動詞と前置詞の問題

こんばんは。TRUE OR FALSEの問題なのですが、ご協力お願いします。 Everybody in my English class is sick today. Taro is at the dentist. they are in the supermarket. Our English teacher is in our classroom. I am at school. の五つなのですがいかがでしょうか?