What does 'off-and-on about the status of our relationship' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Understanding the meaning of 'off-and-on about the status of our relationship'
  • Explaining the ambiguity in the status of the relationship
  • The confusion surrounding the relationship status
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

off-and-on about

I am in the middle of a divorce from my husband of almost 10 years. I had an affair with an out-of-state co-worker toward the end of my marriage and developed feelings for him. In the meantime, my co-worker has been off-and-on about the status of our relationship, and I ended up sleeping with a colleague during a work trip. off-and-on about the status of our relationshipはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

off-and-on about the status of our relationshipはどのような意味でしょうか?  off-and-on とは、電気が「点いたり消えたり」からきていますので、「我々の、関係の現状について点いたり消えたり」ということでしょう。  ですから具体的には「乗り気満々で『よし、明日結婚しよう』という時もあれば、『僕たち別れよう』とお先真暗の時もある」というあたりでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

off-and-on は断続的な。 この場合はI had an affair with an out-of-state co-worker、と前にありわざわざ州外の同僚と書いていることから同じオフィスで働いていて毎日顔を合わせているわけではなくそれでも男女の関係が続いている状態を示唆していると思います。 その関係がつづいている(has been)中で、 別の同僚(the ではなくa colleague)と出張中にやっちまった(sleeping)と言うお話。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• on-and-off boyfriend

I had an on-and-off boyfriend of two years whom I loved, on-and-off boyfriend の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• with the sign off

I’m a 30-year-old woman whose parents got divorced when I was 15. My father has never been open about having a relationship since the divorce. I was visiting him a while ago and went to look up something on his iPad. His mail browser was open and I happened to see an email between him and another man with the sign off “love you.” with the sign offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

About nine years ago my husband found out about an affair I had been having with a co-worker. My stupid mistake almost cost me and my husband our marriage, but thankfully many counseling sessions and one branch change later I was finally able to regain his trust and we held our marriage together for us and our two kids. held our marriage togetherはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• go on off hours

My good friend and I live a considerable distance from each other. Every two months, we meet at a restaurant that's halfway between our homes, to eat and catch up. These food/gab fests last about two to three hours. We go to a place that's not overly popular, and we go on off hours. go on off hoursはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• rail on

After three years my boyfriend broke up with me. It was sudden, completely unexpected, and the reason for the breakup seems to have less to do with the relationship and more to do with his current mental state. I am constantly fluctuating between hurt, sadness, anger, and confusion. My friends have been the best. I cannot imagined having a more supportive network. However, one of my friends has decided to rail on my ex constantly talking about how awful he was, etc. rail on my exはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• push back on the request

My fiancé and I are getting married next year and plan on inviting only close friends and family. My fiancé’s parents and my father are very generously splitting the costs of the wedding, and I asked them if they wanted to add a few people to our guest list as a token of my gratitude (they’re very reasonable people). I’m fine with everyone they added (about 10 people) except for my fiancé’s aunt. I’ve only met her twice, but according to my future in-laws, she’s a compulsive thief. His family hides their purses and valuables when she is invited to events. She was recently fired for stealing from her co-worker. Based on her past behavior, I think it’s likely she’ll steal from guests during the reception or even from the gift table. Is there a way I can gently push back on the request to include this person? push back on the requestは「リクエストを先送りする」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• grind on

I have recently become friends with two women from my college. I’m queer and they’re both lesbians, and I was excited to make more friends in the LGBT community. The problem is that they won’t stop hitting on me. I’m in a serious long-distance relationship with a man I love. At first I found their comments flattering, but they started going too far when they joked about “stealing” me away to my boyfriend’s face when he was visiting. One of them started grinding on me at a party and asked, “Are you wet yet?” ここでのgrind onとwet の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• jumped on board

Unlike a lot of the pretentious NYC types I've dated in the past, my new boyfriend is a little bit hillbilly, with a goofy sense of humor, a simple vocabulary, and even simpler tastes. He's Midwestern, has great values, an excellent career in finance, and I've jumped on board with the country music and the football. jumped on boardはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• on the market

I’m in a long-term relationship with a woman (both mid-20s) and on good terms with her family. I’m currently on the market for a car, and my girlfriend’s father offered to sell me his old car, in great running condition, for a deep discount. on the market for a carはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I recently became involved with a co-worker I met during my summer internship. Men I’ve dated in the past have been relatively immature and inconsiderate, so I’m excited to have met a potential partner who embodies neither of these traits. However, there are a few problems. While this man wasn’t my boss, he held the same position within the company that my boss did, and I reported to him on a number of projects. I’m worried about the scandal our relationship could cause should it come to light, and also about the integrity of letters of recommendation I may need down the road. There is also considerable age difference between us—I’m 20, he’s 36. While it doesn’t bother me, I do see it as a major barrier to my family and friends accepting our relationship. The few close friends I’ve told have been shocked at our age difference and professional association, and their reactions stopped me from sharing the news with others. Lastly, he’s financially well off and plans to spend considerable money to fly me out to see him when I’m back at college. Men I’ve datedはThe men I’ve datedとするのはなぜ間違いなのでしょうか?(The few close friends I’ve toldはTheが付いていますよね?)あと、fly me outは「飛行機で来させる」ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします