• ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend "Wally" and I bought our first home together 10 months ago. Three months ago, his friend "Bart" moved into our guest room. Three weeks later he had furniture delivered. More is in the basement. More is in the basement.とはどのような意味でしょうか?Moreの後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4129/5365)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。  basement は下記の名詞の1のように「(住宅の)地階」のことで、よく使わない家具などをしまっておく物置として使われます。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=basement

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。More is in the basement.とはどのような意味でしょうか?  それ以外の家具は、まだ(家の)地下に(収納して)ある。 2。Moreの後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?  furniture「家具」でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend of the past three months recently received an email from a long-ago ex-girlfriend, who apologized for the way things had ended and wanted to catch up with him. She was the love of his life in college and shortly after. http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/advice/article/Carolyn-Hax-Boyfriend-got-email-from-the-one-who-11949944.php My boyfriend of the past three monthsとはどのような意味でしょうか?また、had endedと過去完了が使われている理由を教えてください。あと、最後のセンテンスの和訳をよろしくお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• took him in for a checkup

We had our baby 7 months ago now and I took him in for a checkup at our doctors last week. took him inはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have been in a committed online relationship with a man in the UK for what would now be two months, but a little over two weeks ago, he completely disappeared. for what would now be two monthsはfor two months nowと言うのとはどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この言い方は正しいでしょう?

こんにちはお世話になります。 「二週間前に足を折ったその少年はまだ入院している」という日本語を英語に直したいのですが、 The boy having broken his leg two weeks ago is still in the hospital.という言い方は可能でしょうか?それとも関係代名詞を使って、The boy who broke his leg two weeks ago is still in the hospital.とした方がよいですか?また、もし上の文が二つとも正しければ、ニュアンス的な違いは何かありますか? どうぞよろしくお願いします。またこれから出かけてしまいますのでお礼させていただくのが遅くなってしまいます。ご了承ください。

• 文の書き換え

John is more intelligent than any other student in our shool. という文を、ほぼ同じ意味で表したものが No ( )( ) is ( ) intelligent ( ) John in our shool. のとき、答えは No other student is as intelligent as John in our shool. なのだそうです。 私は、No other student is more intelligent than John in our school. でも良いのではないかと思うのですが、この答えだとどこが誤りなのでしょうか?自分でも調べてみましたが、よくわかりません。 なんだか基本的なことで申し訳ないのですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 完了形 to have ~ について

手元にある問題集に、 It's said that he was in Paris three years ago. この英文を、 He is said to have been in Paris three years ago. このように書き換えができると書いてあります。 原則的に、完了形ではagoなど特定の過去を表す言葉は使えないと中学で習ったような気がするのですが、今回の場合は例外なのでしょうか? それとも、僕の解釈そのものが間違っているんでしょうか? 解説をぜひお願いしたいです。

• どのような意味でしょうか

A few months ago, I had a really hard breakup with my boyfriend of almost three years, the person I was hoping I’d end up marrying. Until we broke up, he had filled that essential role in my life. He was my person, my blessed default, my certainty — blessed defaultとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• all because の文法解釈について

添付ファイル文章: And three weeks ago, Dmitri seized him by the beard in a tavern, dragged him out into the street and beat him publicly, and all because he is an agent in a little business of mine.”に関する質問です。 all becauseが文法的にどうなっているのか理解できないです。 これは、 it is all because he is an agent in... のit isが省略されていると解釈していいのか、それとも all is because he is an agent in... のisが省略されていると解釈していいのか分からないです。 また、それ以外の文法ルールに従っているのか分からないです。 解説お願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My daughter is graduating from high school and will be starting college. It was always her plan to go to a school away from our small town, and I supported that decision. However, six months ago she started dating her first real boyfriend. His parents have offered to pay all expenses if the two of them live in an apartment and go to school at a college nearby. Financially, this would be very helpful for my daughter, but I'm worried that moving in with a boy at such a young age would be a mistake, and she wouldn't get the full college experience. Her boyfriend is wonderful, and she is very happy in the relationship. She has a scholarship for free room and board at a college three hours away. ここでのboardはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 大学受験対策の自由英作文なのですが、添削よろしくお願いします。

大学受験対策の自由英作文なのですが、添削よろしくお願いします。 テーマは「あなたが大事にしているもの」についてです。 I cherish a bag which is a black and expensive one. I found it three years ago,but I had no money to buy it,so I spared money in order to get it. Two weeks after that,I finally bought it and was delighted at it. It has been so tough that it is like a new one now. I wish to have it as long as possicle. では、よろしくお願いします。