Can't Be Forced: Understanding the Rights of Suspects

このQ&Aのポイント
  • When it comes to criminal investigations, suspects cannot be forced to provide a statement or defense.
  • The burden of proving guilt lies entirely on the prosecutor, who must prove every element of the alleged offense.
  • This means that when the police arrest a suspect, they do not have to provide a statement and cannot be forced to do so.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳 can't be forced to

外国人です。。。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします That means, the prosecutor has an obligation to prove each element of the alleged offense, and that the suspect does not have to provide a “defense” (a statement). The burden to prove guilt is entirely on the prosecutor. So think about that, when the police arrest a suspect, the suspect does not have to provide a statement (a defense), and can't be forced to provide one. つまり、検察官は、犯罪の疑いの各要素を証明する義務を負っており、被疑者は「防御」(供述)する必要はない。有罪を立証する負担は全て検察側に有る。だからそれを考えて、警察が被疑者を逮捕したとき、被疑者は供述(防御)をする必要はなく、強制することはできない。

noname#229745
noname#229745
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.2

>Is there any real difference between these two words? ⇒「立証責任」も「挙証責任」も(さらに「照明責任」も)、ほとんど違いはありません。 If any, 「挙証責任」 will be a little more "technical" term. >It's time for some eggnog, with some extra rum - I'm going to watch a tv series called "Vikings". So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. ⇒May your Christmas be a long & joyful day; I'm going to sing "Noche de Paz" etc. in Spanish, though I've got a tin ear!

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

Thanks! Sing and in Spanish, wow... I think if I sung, the dogs would howl.

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.1

>That means, the prosecutor has an obligation to prove each element of the alleged offense, and that the suspect does not have to provide a “defense” (a statement). The burden to prove guilt is entirely on the prosecutor. So think about that, when the police arrest a suspect, the suspect does not have to provide a statement (a defense), and can't be forced to provide one. >つまり、検察官は、犯罪の疑いの各要素を証明する義務を負っており、被疑者は「防御」(供述)する必要はない。有罪を立証する負担は全て検察側に有る。だからそれを考えて、警察が被疑者を逮捕したとき、被疑者は供述(防御)をする必要はなく、強制することはできない。 *素晴らしい訳文ですね! ただ、「有罪を立証する負担」を「有罪の挙証責任」としてもいいかもしれません。 ⇒つまり、検察官は、犯罪の疑いの各要素を証明する義務を負っており、被疑者は「防御」(供述)する必要はない。有罪を立証する負担/有罪の挙証責任は全て検察側に有る。だからそれを考えて、警察が被疑者を逮捕したとき、被疑者は供述(防御)をする必要はなく、強制することはできない。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

Christmas seems to have been a long day :o) Thanks for the correction again - as always, greatly appreciated. Everything looks good however if you don't mind I have one question. Is there any real difference between these two words? 立証責任 挙証責任 It's time for some eggnog, with some extra rum - I'm going to watch a tv series called "Vikings". So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

関連するQ&A

• 和訳 prior to → after an

外国人です。和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします The primary purpose of questioning a suspect prior to arrest is to investigate (determine guilt), and the primary purpose of questioning (interrogating) an suspect after an arrest is to obtain an incriminating statement (a confession). When a suspect chooses not to give a statement prior to arrest, the police investigate further to locate evidence that would determine if the suspect should be arrested. And when a suspect chooses not to give a statement after an arrest, if the prosecutor has enough evidence to charge the suspect, they do. The only time they don't, is when they don't have enough evidence. 逮捕する「前に」被疑者に尋問する主な目的は捜査する(罪を犯したかを決める)ことであり、逮捕する「後に」被疑者に尋問(取調べ)する主な目的は、不利益な供述(自白)を得ることである。被疑者が逮捕する「前に」供述しないことを選択すると、警察は、被疑者を逮捕すべきかどうかを決める証拠を見つけるために、さらに捜査を行う。被疑者が逮捕された「後に」供述しないことを選択した場合、検察が十分な証拠があれば、被疑者を起訴する。起訴しない唯一の時は、十分な証拠がない時である。

• 英和翻訳 Not Allowed to

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします Can the police or prosecutor refuse to allow a suspect to write their own testimony, without violating the suspect's right to present a defense? 警察や検察官は、容疑者の弁護提出権を侵害することなく、容疑者が自分の供述を書き取ることを拒否することができるか? right to present a defense = 弁護提出権 (抗弁を提出する権利)

• 英和翻訳 翻訳又は日本語が変であれば、書き直してく

--------------------- According to the ruling, the suspect lied. Did the court check to see the suspect's statement matched the evidence before determining that the suspect is lying? --------------------- 判決によると、被疑者は嘘をついた。 裁判官は、被疑者が嘘をついていると判断する前に、被疑者の供述が証拠と一致するかどうかを確認したか?

• 英和訳 翻訳を訂正してくれますか?

-------------- Also, why is the thought of the police officer handing the suspect the statement so strange? The police officer testified that he placed the statement in front of the suspect to read, touch, sign etc.. -------------- また、警察官が被疑者に弁解書を渡すという考えはなぜ変なのですか? 警察官は、弁解書を読んだり、触ったり、署名したりするために、被疑者の前に置いていたと証言した。

• 英和翻訳は正しいかどうか 1文章

下記の日本語は正しくない場合、訂正してくれますか? ーーーーーーーーーーーーー Again (to repeat) according to the suspect's statement above,「・・・・」 ーーーーーーーーーーーーー 再び上記の被疑者供述によて、「・・・・」。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーー

• 和訳 a defense

外国人です。下記の英文を和訳したいですが、「防御」という言葉を使いたいです。添削をお願いいたします。 ※ "presenting a defense"という表現を使っていますが、presenting a defense, having a defense,などという言い方は大切ではないです。変な日本語かもしれないが、「防御を防止すること」「prevent the defense」が要点です。 よろしくお願いします! This means, the purpose of forcing a confession is not to determine guilt [emphasis added], but instead to prevent suspects from presenting a defense at trial. ということは、自白を強制する目的は有罪を決定づけるためではなく「強調」、被疑者が裁判で防御を行うことを防止するためであす。

• 和訳 unfair advantage

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to a fair trial, because their policy to refuse suspects from writing their own testimony in defense, denied Plaintiff's defense, which gave an unfair advantage to Defendants. 被告の方針により、被疑者が防御に自分の供述を書くことを拒否しているため、原告の防御行為を否定したので、被告に不公正に有利をもたらしたことになって、原告の公正な裁判を受ける権利を侵害した。

• 和訳 because...which...

外国人です。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします *和訳を二つの文章に分けたほうがいいでしょうか Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to present a defense, because their policy refused to allow Plaintiff to write his own testimony in his defense, which directly denied Plaintiff from presenting a defense. 被告の方針は、原告が防御に自分の供述を書くことを拒否したため、原告の防御を行うことを直接否定されたので、原告の防御権を侵害した。 ※「防御」という語彙は刑事訴訟法に使っています。

• 英和翻訳 Refusal to Accept

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします After a suspect pleads the right to remain silent, can the police refuse to accept exculpatory evidence from the suspect, unless the suspect makes a statement, without violating the suspect's right to remain silent? 容疑者が黙秘権を行使した後、警察は、容疑者の拷問を受けない権利を侵害することなく、容疑者が供述しないと無罪弁明の証拠を容認することを拒否することできるか? right to remain silent = 黙秘権

• 英和翻訳 私が書いた日本語を書き直してくれますか

---------------------- So why is it so strange for the officer to hand the suspect the statement when asked? Wasn't the officer trying to get the suspect to sign? This is not strange at all. Have you tried asking someone [Can I have that」 yourself? Go to a restaurant, point to the menu and say 'Can I have that?'… Please try that before you start calling the suspect a liar. ---------------------- 何で、頼まれた時に警察官が被疑者に弁解書を渡すのは変なのか? 警察官は、被疑者に署名を求めさせようとしていなかったか? これは全く変ではない。 裁判官、自分が誰かに「もらっていいですか」と頼まれたことがあるか? レストランに行って、指でメニューを指して、「もらっていいですか」と言ってください...容疑者は嘘つきと呼ぶ前にそれを試してください。