How to Translate 'outlier' and 'buffer'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the Best Translations for 'outlier' and 'buffer'
  • Learn the Meaning of 'the next person over' and Its Role
  • Find Out How Being an Outlier Can Benefit Your Peers
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

outlierの訳し方

I feel like my brain has become razor sharp here. I have been able to take brand-new information, process it quickly, then produce an opinion about it. Perhaps what I can contribute to my peers is this idea that it is okay to be the outlier. Sometimes, if you have someone who is a super outlier, like me, then the next person over doesn’t seem so crazy. I think this is what I can offer them. I can be their buffer. http://www.refinery29.com/2015/05/87278/balancing-work-school-mia-backup-drummer outlierとbufferはどのように訳したらよいでしょうか?the next person overのoverはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"outlier" 「(周りを)超越した存在」 "buffer" 「(人並みの同僚と、超越している同僚との間にたつ)緩衝材」 "the next person over" 「(世間的な範囲を)超越した(over)私に続く人(the next person)」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

No.1 です。補足です。 Sometimes, if you have someone who is a super outlier, like me, then the next person over doesn’t seem so crazy. I think this is what I can offer them. I can be their buffer. 仲間内に自分のような奇人(頭が切れすぎるという意味で)が一人いれば、新たに世間から逸脱した人間が加わっても(自分がクッションの役割を担うので)その人はそれほど変人扱いされずに済む、 ということだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 次の文章を日本語にしてください。

I would be happy to start the book over with I would be happy to start the book over with you if you'd like. I can come up with some text to share with you. I think this book is awesome and I really like how it has the definition of the words. In my opinion learning the words of what you are saying is a great idea and will help you be able to speak with other people and have conversations. I look forward to our lesson today

• 訳教えてください

Marin goes to USA next week, what is the Canadian perfume you like, I will ask her to see if she can get it. 来週マリンちゃんがUSAいくよ、 あなたが好きなカナダの香水??(ここのwhatは何ですか?) もし彼女が買えたら私は彼女に会って尋ねるよ。 お願いします

• 長文ですが訳してください

友人からメールが来ました。 私は、そんなに語学が得意ではないので、文面からどんな人柄かわかりません。もし、文面や文章の書き方などから、どんな彼がわかる方がいれば教えていただきたいです。 彼が言っていることがよくわかない部分があるので長文ですが、文章も訳してもらえますか? 1) originally I was totally looking for love. However... I have realized that I need to work on improving my life first and my job situation... In order to be happy for my future... Now I just can't give a person what they deserve because I need to fix me 1st.. Before I can share myself with someone else. 2) me finding the perfect girl is not the problem.. I must fix myself... Then can I try to be with someone. I must find me and what can make my mind correct before I can give a person what they need.. Or I will always be selfish. Only then will I know if changing me will really help me be able to be in a good and healthy relationship. 3) my goal is not to be alone forever.. I want a good and stable relationship.. But this can't happen before I can have confidence in my future. It would not be fair to my partner.. If I don't like myself and can't be happy looking in the mirror and achieving what I want in life... Then I may always be sad and depressed. I need to focus as much as possible on fixing my problems. Only I can fix my problems. Once they are fixed... Then I think that is the first step to long term happiness. Everyday I feel stress and uncertainty in my future and it worries me. I have mood swings and get frustrated with others quickly because I am frustrated with myself. This is the biggest problem I face. 4). I don't want to be selfish.. I feel terrible when I am being selfish and try to focus on me. I feel like. Hurt people when I am selfish and can't give people what they deserve. My number one target in my life is to be the best person in my life and not make people in my life angry or sad or depressed. I never never want to do that. I feel that I am making you sad and feel depressed with my decisions to focus on me, the movie project and staying focused on what I need to do to fix my situation. I feel lots of stress because I worry about others feeling and it makes me unable to focus on what I must do. Don't want to hurt you.. And that is exactly what I think is happening between us. You want so much more and I just can't give you or anybody what they need and deserve until I am able to give me what I need. I just don't want to bring pain, sadness or discomfort to you. I feel like you need to be happy and not lonely.. I want the best for you because you deserve so much more than what I can give. I worry and Oren get stressed worrying about hurting you.. You need happiness and to have exactly what you want and deserve

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **I think this is what you meant by "sense." If someone says you have good taste, they're saying that they admire your ability to appreciate things. It probably means that either both of you like the same thing. If I said it to someone who I did not agree with it would be strange because then I am implying that I have bad taste haha. You can be more specific, like I could say "She has good taste in shoes," which means that I think (whoever she is) has a really good idea of what a good shoe is. "Sense" can be used to express a similar idea though. If I say you have a nice sense of style, it means that I probably think your clothes are cool or the way you decorated your room is cool etc. It's most typically used with "sense of style/fashion" though I think I could probably say something like "You have a nice sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," but it's much easier to say "you know how to bake a good cake." If someone actually does say "someone has a good sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," they're probably trying to communicate that this person is so good at baking cakes that they naturally know what makes it better... It's like how we have a "sense of smell" or a "sense of hearing." That person is so good at baking cakes that it's like they have a "sense of cake."

• Do I put it on の訳は?

子供の英語絵本で、   This is my shirt. Do I put it on like this? No. I put my shirt over my head. という文があります。大体の意味はわかるのですが、 「Do I put it on like this?」がうまく訳せません。 『こんな風に着るのかなぁ』みたいな感じでいいのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• こんばんは!今日も電車の中で書きました。

勉強方を見つけました!朝の電車は読書、帰りの電車は英語の勉強です。書くその時に見えていること、思っている事を書いてみる事にしました。携帯から我が家のパソコンに送って、自己添削(笑)した後に、正式添削をお願いしたいと思います。 Hi, there! After eating a dinner, I’m writing this. I want to talk to you a story.I am in the train home. I write a story of some guy. He is a really big and fat! Maybe his weight is over 100kg and looks so sleepy. He is sitting my left side next. (隣の隣の人と言いたいのですが……) What? I can hear…what? Wow! He is snoring like a big dog. The train is like a sardine can. But nobody talk. All of people can hear his snoring. It's funny, isn’t it? I have to get off a next station. Ciao for now!

• ディクテーション…チェックお願いします

下の動画をディクテーションしてみました。 少し自信がないですが、もしよろしければチェックして、間違いを正してもらえるとうれしいです。 I would say, the best advice is, you know what so, I love being, you know, I like the idea of going to school. Success sometimes could over shadow things like education, because, somebody, because success for just being a runner, but then end of dropping like education. I think education is very important. As a ( ) athlete, right now, who is very good. I would say, you should ( ) in college all for ______________________________________________________, you know, academics going fast. Use ( ) is together experience, to study, completed get degree than runner take care of it as. If I ( ) take college ( ) OK, I`m not going to finish my school, and then did my running fast. I think going to be even hard for me and put a lot of presser for me right on in life, to going to school. So you know what experience ( ) in college is amazing. And so, another things, you know what so, work hard. Because there is nothings comes free. There is always say, you know, there is nothings that go on be like, you know what, when you wake up nothing on the table. You have to put it on the table. You have to work it and there opts good come along the way. I`ve seen that of the course. I`ve seen there is ( ) nose way things that jump over it, you become better person, because, you know what, now, you know what, really, what sometimes people have in life, the hardships, have there come over hardships. So once, you ( ), you know, you know, chance to understand, you know sometimes, hardships is not he, in terms of like happen to me, could be ( ) could be things are not go mile with coaching with, you know that, have to find the right things to make everything that is negative a positive.

• 留学志望の添削をお願いします!!

現在大学生です。カナダへの留学を希望しており、留学志望書を書いているのですが・・・ I have three objects for this studying abroad program. First, it is to get ability which can handle correct business English and can use daily conversation. I want to work all over the world in the future, and globalization apread at a high speed. After a few years, we will not work enough without English. In addition to, communication is very important not only daily life but also work. So, I think that I have to get on these abilities. Second, it is to learn Canadian culture and Christianity. The religion affects the country culture and daily life in many foreign countries. It is a part of difference points from Japan. I feel difference about the religion from my experience through studying abroad and want to apply at work or life in the future. Finally, it is to make a lot of friends. I have only Japanese friends. Most people have the same sense of values as Japanese, so I hardly find a brand new attitude over the nation. If I make a lot of friends without nationality, Iwoll be able to get 800 TOEIC score. This goal is very difficult for me. But it is not impossible and I have a confidence that I achieve this goal, becaouse I can effort than average person and my character is never-give-up attitude. When I enrolled at a university, my TOEIC score is 365. However I wanted to take part in this studying abroad program. I could not get qualification be second grade, but I can participate in this studying abroad in fact. I have never gone to study abroad like other people, so I will be able to grow up than other participations. At any rate, I am the most enthusiasm student for this studying abroad program. This is my participation reason for this program.

• 洋楽ヒップホップ

what it is yo it's what it is smooth like baretta quicker than a jetta yout're soft like a feather you little bed witter maybe baby i heard you caught the rabies bitoin on my shit i have to say hei "B"って歌詞の曲名を教えてください。

• 日本語の表現について教えてください

すみませんが、日本語がまだあまり上手くないので英語で質問させてください。 I am writing a blog post about my trip to Cambodia in Japanese language. I uploaded a photo of an old jail and am going to add a short comment to it. I would like to add something like "This place was very scary to me because many people died here." Can I say "ここはとても恐怖ところです。たくさん人死すでしたから。"? If cannot, then what can I say?