• ベストアンサー

訳教えてください

Marin goes to USA next week, what is the Canadian perfume you like, I will ask her to see if she can get it. 来週マリンちゃんがUSAいくよ、 あなたが好きなカナダの香水??(ここのwhatは何ですか?) もし彼女が買えたら私は彼女に会って尋ねるよ。 お願いします

noname#87517
noname#87517
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

Gです。 こんにちは、 キーはto see if~canの部分で、「~にとってできるかかどうかを調べ」日本語としては「~かどうか」で充分だと思います。 ask her to seeで「みるようにたのんでみる」と言う意味が普通ですが(I will ask her to see in my roomと言うような言い方で)、ask目的格to doの形ですね。 しかし私個人のフィーリングとしてはこれはask her in order to seeと言う意味で使われていると感じますので、彼女が出来るかどうか(聞く私が)知るために聞く、になります。 こう書くと何か面倒くさい感じですが、私ならそんなことをぐずぐず考えずに、ask 目的格+to see if~canと来たら、出来るかどうか聞く、と感じてしまっていいと思います。 この二つをつなげると、「彼女がit(あなたが好きな香水)を入手できる)かどうか彼女に聞いてみる」と言うフィーリングになります。 I will ask him to see if he will take me there.そこへ連れて行ってくれるかどうか彼に聞いてみる。 I will ask you later to see if you want to go out with me sometime next month.来月のいつかデートしてくれるかどうか後で聞くね (だからイエスといってくれよ)。 Will you ask your American freinds to see if they can help me with my English?英語を手伝って(教えて)くれるかどうかアメリカ人の友達に聞いてくれないか。 さて、違いです。 I will ask him if he will take me there. そこへ連れて行ってくれるかどうか彼に聞いてみる。 あれっ、上の訳と同じだ、ですね。 これは、彼に直接できるかどうかを聞くわけですね。 I will ask him to see if he will take me there.はto seeが入っていますね。 これは出来るかどうか直接とは限らない方法で彼に聞いてみるよ、 つまり、一番弱いフィーリングでは「探りを入れてみるよ」と言うようなものも含むわけです。 ですから、誰かにこの文章を説明するならこのような解釈が出来ると説明してもいいですが、会話の中で、本当にこの違いが大きな影響を与えるかどうかは問題にならないわけですから、「じゃ、聞いてみるよ」程度の理解でかまわない、と私は思うわけです。 だから、「じゃ、聞いてみるよ」と言うフィーリングがあるときにはこの表現を使えばいいということなのです。 日本で「じゃ、聞いてみるよ」といった人が本当に聞くかどうか分からないし、直接聞くのかもしれないし、探りを入れるだけのかもしれないわけですよね。 でも、そんなこと気にしますか? 聞いてくれるんだ、と受け取りますね。 それでいいのです。  英語だとごちゃごちゃ学者になるくせに日本語だとフィーリングだけで使っているじゃないか、と私は思うわけです。 ですから、詳しく解釈するよりも、そういってくれた人に「そうか、何らかの一肌脱いでくれるんだ」と感じ、一言Thank you.のフィーリングを伝える自分を作った方が、結局は英語を使えると言うことにつながっていくと思います。 私の上に書いたことは頭の隅にでも置いておいていつか思い出すときもあると思います。 これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。 

noname#87517
質問者

お礼

こんばんは Marin goes to USA next week, (問題なく訳せました) what is the Canadian perfume you like, あなたの好きな香水までわかったのですが、?マークがなかったので疑問文じゃないのかーぁって思っていました。) I will ask her to see if she can get it. 私は彼女に尋ねる、?????もしそれを彼女がゲットできたら(ここのgetは手に入たら、買えたらと思いました) そしてto seeで見る為にと訳しましたが文章がおかしくなって変だなと思っていました。 すごくto seeがやっかいでした。 to see があってもなくてもガラーンと内容がひっくりかえることはないということですね。 私の為にありがとうこの気持ちですね。 Gさんにも。 回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

• fox-k
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/1)
回答No.3

「来週マリンちゃんがUSAにいくよ、  君の好きなカナダの香水なんだっけ?  彼女に手に入るかどうか見てみてくれるように  頼んであげるよ。」 ask~to…=「~に…するように頼む」

noname#87517
質問者

お礼

こんばんは 遠まわしな説明私には分かりやすいです。 実際は口ではこんなふうに言わないですが、説明では 以外とわかりやすいです。 多分私ぐらいですが・・・(‥;) 回答ありがとうございました

• quizons
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/5)
回答No.2

to see の see には確認する、という意味合いが含まれています。 辞書には「調べる」「検分する」「取り計らう」「確かめる」などのように記載されているみたいですね。(リーダーズ英和辞典) この場合は#1の方の訳、尋ねる=確認と捕らえていいと思います。 他にも面倒を見るという意味もあったりで結構便利な単語ですよ。

noname#87517
質問者

お礼

こんばんは seeは辞書をみてもいろいろつかえますね。 私は使いこなせません。 (;´д`)トホホ 回答ありがとうございました

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

来週マリンちゃんがUSAいくよ、 あなたが好きなカナダの香水、なんだっけ? 買ってきてくれないか、マリンちゃんに訊いてあげるよ。

noname#87517
質問者

補足

こんばんは 早速の回答ありがとうございます。 補足なんですけど、 後半の文のto seeは会うとかでは無いのですか?

関連するQ&A

• to return

She is scheduled ( ) from her vacation next week. (A) returning (B) returns (C) returned (D) to return 答えは(D)です。わからないので、詳しい解説お願いします。

• 訳をお願いします。

I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she entertain little girls in the van and videotape them doing the splits and other things , all for her husband ? 以前に同じ文の訳をお願いしたのですが、一部単語が抜けていたので、改めて和訳をお願いします。宜しくお願いします。

• 訳をお願いします。

I want a healthy body and flawless skin. Am I vain? It makes me depressed the way I look now. I hate mirrors, but I also want a mirror to see myself. To see if all the exercising I am doing with Nancy is paying off. Why is it important to me? I tell myself that I am going to have to face the way I look because why dwell on it when I'm doing all I can to better myself, what more can I ask of myself. I tell myself ~のところがよくわかりません。また、because why や to better myself や what more can I ask of myself 訳し方がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• hear について

hear(動詞)についてお伺いします。 台本や、ト書などで、現在形で書くことがあると思う のですが、たとえば、「彼女はDavisさんから、彼女が 中国に来週行くと聞きます」ということを英語で表わす 場合、 She hears from Ms. Davis that she is going to go to China next week. という使い方は自然でしょうか。私としては、Davisさんが彼女に直接 自分のことを話しているので、この場合、hear だと少し変な気がする のですが・・・(Ms. Davis says that ~. や、Ms. Davis tells her that ~. ならいいような気がします。) それと「彼女はDavisさんから、彼女が中国に来週行くと聞いた」という場合は She heard from Ms. Davis that she was going to go to China the next week. という表現でもよいのでしょうか。 toldやsaidで表わした方がよいですか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 次の表現について教えてください"We'll see."

ローマ字です(日本語はコピー・アンド・ペースト タイプできないので) tatoeba kodomoga oyanokaimononi tuiteikutoshimasu. kodomoha nanikakatteto tanonndatoki oyaha "We'll see." toiukamoshiremasen. "We'll see." ha douiuimideshouka? ローマ字で分かりにくかもしれませんので同様の内容を別の形で書いておきます When someone goes shopping with her or his child and the child ask the parent to buy something, the parent may say "We'll see". What do they mean by "We'll see". Positive or negative?

• 和訳をお願いします!!

☆I walk her to the subway and she goes home. とても簡単な単語ばかりなのですが、何故か意味が分らないのです。 どなたかお時間ある方お願いします!!

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (1) All Rome knew Lucretia for her beauty and goodness. No one doubted that she loved her husband and was faithful to him. In the eyes of the average Roman, this made her a perfect woman. But to Sextus. the king's ruthless son, Lucretia's goodness was a challenge. As the Roman historian Livy tells the tale, Sextus couldn't see such perfect devotion without wanting to destroy it. Sextus went to Lucretia's house when he knew that her husband was out of town. Because Sextus was a prince and also her husband's cousin, Lucretia and her servants welcomed him and served him dinner. They didn't suspect his cruel plan. (2) When everyone else was asleep, Sextus crept, sword in hand, into Lucretia's bedroom. He threatened to kill her and spread a rumor that she had been unfaithful to her husband, if she refused to do what he wanted. Lucretia was not afraid of death, but she didn't want to die with her husband thinking that she hadn't been faithful to him. So she obeyed Sextus―she felt that she had no choice. (3) The next morning, overcome with grief and shame, Lucretia sent messengers to her husband and her father. She asked them to come right away―something terrible had happened. The men came as quickly as they could. Lucretia's husband brought along his friend Brutus. When Lucretia saw them, she began to cry and told them what Sextus had done. According to Livy, she said,“Give me your right hand in faith that you will not allow the guilty to escape.” (4) Lucretia's husband and Brutus believed in Lucretia's innocence and promised to get even with Sextus. Brutus made this solemn promise.“By this blood, which was so pure...I swear before you, O gods, to chase out the king...with his criminal wife and all their children,...and never to tolerate kings in Rome evermore.”

• 語順についてなど

以下の文章で質問があります。 (A) Who with? With who?とも言えますか?言えるとしたら、どちらがよく使われるのでしょうか。 (B) Next week sometime. Sometime next week. とも言えますか?言えるとしたら、どちらが一般的な言い方なのでしょうか。 (C) She invited me up to the party. She invited me to the party.とどう違うのかがわかりません。 細かくてすみませんが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇  Once I've got a friend, I'll be careful not to presume on him or her. That we might be " bothering" someone is an everlasting concern of Americans, even among good friends. " Irish people live in each other's pockets," said one woman ." It's completely different here. You keep your distance." I will be very hesitant to ask friends for favors- one of my attractions as a friend is that I am not demanding. If I were, my prospective friends would be likely to back off. Neediness scares people. Rather than having to refuse a request, we prefer to have friends we can trust to make their requests rare and reasonable. We ourselves do not wish to be indebted to anyone else. We like reciprocal arrangements because they keep the scales balanced. This week I drive my friend to the airport; next week she drives me. A Chinese woman said that she tried to join a childcare cooperative, but she found the system so complex (to make sure that no one person did more than anyone else) that it drove her crazy

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.