• ベストアンサー

societyの意味

When I was applying, I chose this college because it had so many great arts and theater societies, ここでのsocietiesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

ここでのsocietiesはどのような意味でしょうか?  下記の名詞の2「クラブ」みたいなものでしょう。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=society   演劇クラブがたくさんある>演劇科の活動が活発だ、という理由で大学を選んだ、ということではないでしょうか。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いいたします

Today was really nice. Although some of the big roller coasters were closed because they don't work well when it's freezing. But because of the snow it was so so so beautiful. There is this fairy tale village ... with all small houses with hobbits. When I was a small boy I loved it soooo much.

• この英文の意味を訳してください

I also look after everything local I either Scouts a direct and delegate the games they got to, to be nice to feel one of the lads make it because when I was fourteen there was nothing like this. この意味を教えてください

• 時制

「この大学が大きいので、私はここで学ぶことを決意した。」と英語で表現したく I decided to study here because this college is large. としたのですが、becauseの後は、this college was large となるのでしょうか? 接続詞でつながった文の時制がよくわかりません。教えてください。

• 英文の意味が分かりません…翻訳してください。

it has only been 6 days since you paid me for this order below.....why so quick to freeze pay pal money for everything?? it takes time to finish all these dvds and when i get done you had put in new order for 2 more dvds, so i start on those as to mail all at once....then the weekend was here.....i have had very little time to make this last order..........i request you unfreeze the money for the order you have already received so i can mail you the remainder of this order...i will pay extra and use the EXPRESS so you get within 7 days.....but please be fair about this

• 英語の間違いについて

少し長いのですが・・・ First, I am going to talk about friends. Many people have views. (たくさんの人がそれぞれの考え方を持っている) And it is not similar. (それは似ていない) If I had live in a big city, I could meet people who have some views. I have friends when I was high school student. Some friends of mine goes to college. But others don't go to college. This is because they have a dream. A friend of mine wants to be dancer. She don't go to college, but go to dance school. Thus, I can meet many people because I live in a big city. So I can make many friends. They and I have different views. Therefore, I like talk people. I suppose that we can meet many people in a big city than a small town. もし、間違いやアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。

• この意味わかりますか?

I was so happy that time I've seen your picture here...I was really thinking it was you.....but disappointment filled me when my sister told me its not you really... . ...I really thought were already okay......so sorry

• 訳を教えてください!

From this day, natural philosophy, and particularly chemistry, occupied me heart and soul. My application was so ardent that many a morning found me still in my laboratory and my progress was so rapid that at the end of two years I made some discoveries which won me great esteem and admiration at the university. When I had arrived at this point, my residence at Ingolstadt was no longer necessary. I was just thinking of returning to Geneva, which I had not visited since I left it, when something happened which changed my plans. この文章なのですが訳し方がわかりません。またitがさしているものもわかりません。わかる方ヨロシクお願いします!! 自分で訳せるとこだけいちを訳してみました。 この日から私の頭の中は自然科学のことでいっぱいであった。 私がこの地点に到着したとき、インゴルシュタットの私の家はもう必要はありませんでした。私はちょうどジュネーブに戻ることについて考えていました。そして私の計画を変える何かが起こったとき、私がそれを離れた以来、私は訪れませんでした。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I'm 29. I never had a chance to date in high school. My family farms, and when I was 14, my grandfather could no longer help my dad. Dad couldn't take care of things alone, so I would go out and help him the minute I got home from school every day. Between the farm work and keeping up with my studies, I had to grow up fast. I graduated with a 3.5 grade point average, but because I had no time for dating, this part of my development has always been off. this part of my development has always been offとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• That's becauseの是非について

I was so late for school today. This [It] is because I got up late in the morning. という文において、確か、私の知る限りでは、 This [It] is because というのは、「この[その]ことの理由はね、次のようなことですよ」という意味だったと思います。つまり、This [It]は後ろのbecause以下を受けているということです。 ThisとItには後の内容を受ける働きがあるので、この説明で問題はないと思います。  ところが、後の方を受ける働きがないthatまでもthat's because--- という使い方がなされています。このことをどう考えればよいのでしょうか。それとも、後の方を受ける働きについての私の考えが間違っているのでしょうか。この問題について何かご存じの方、よろしくご教授下さい。

• 英文法

下記英文について Sally had never heard of anyone applying to so many schools. このように書き換えは可能ですか? Sally had never heard of anyone who had applied to so many schools. 宜しくお願いします。