What Does 'Called It In' Mean? Understanding the Phrase

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The phrase 'called it in' refers to the act of reporting or notifying someone about an incident or situation.
  • In the context of the provided article, the bus driver called in the incident of a pool of blood on the bus and was instructed to bring the bus to the yard.
  • Calling it in is a common practice in various professions, where individuals inform the relevant authorities or supervisors about significant events or issues that require attention or resolution.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

call it inの意味

One thing I remember most vividly is, a couple of people got on at the end of the line, the bus was mostly empty. After a minute they say, "You know, there's a whole lot of blood back here." I walked back, and there's a pool of blood the likes of which I've never seen. A large pool of blood. Someone sat there, bled out, and walked off the bus. I was in shock this happened while I was driving. I called it in and was instructed to bring the bus to the yard. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43de9p/driving-a-city-bus-on-the-nightshift-is-the-worst-job-i-ever-loved called it inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

call it in は it をcall in したわけで、it はバスの中に大量の血溜りを発見したという事実。それを 「連絡した」 もしくは 「通報した」 というふうに読めます。 その場合の call in は下記の辞書の 2. に相当すると思われます。

参考URL:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/call%20in
corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• and actually kinda annoying cause of the amount of people that were there.

正しい訳をおしえてください。 メールをもらいました i actually went to shibuya cause i havent been there in a loooong time. it was ok. i went to a club called A. it was very crowded, and actually kinda annoying cause of the amount of people that were there. but anyway i was just checkin in to see how you were doing. cya 実はずっといったことがなかったから渋谷へいったんだ。よかったよ。Aというクラブへいったけど混んでたよ。あと・・・・・でも わかりませんでした。教えてください。 あとこの文のようにいわれたとき Aいったんだ。楽しそうだね とか、いいね とかはどういえばいいのですか? 教えてください

• in turnの意味合い

この文でのin turnの意味合いはどういったものでしょうか。 The Roman empire, of course, served as a model for virtually all of its Western successors. It was no accident that the new American republic promptly acquired a senate, a capitol, and an eagle for its emblem. These were all conscious borrowings from Ancient Rome, another great republic that became an empire, and reflected the Founding Fathers' interest in the United States in turn becoming what Alexander Hamilton called 'an empire in many respects the most interesting in the world'.

• これはこんな意味でしょうか?

友人から届いたメールです。 I saw in many japanese animes, and mangas, that the characters are having a cold, and they are geting so weak from them, that they can't go to school, or work, and can faint easy. And I don't really get it. If I have a cold, yes, I can feel really ill, but I wont faint from something like that. I had inflammation of the lungs too, and was still going to work, or to school. So, my question is, can it be, that in Japan you aren't immune to a simple cold? Something else is bothering me from typical scenes in Japanese manga. If the caracters sees something sexy, he / or she gets a nose-bleed. Is high blood-pressure such a problem there? I can be to naiv, but I really don't get it. 私が風邪をひいた話をしたんですがこの返事がきました。日本のアニメが好きな人なんですがこの人がききたいことって日本人はすぐ風邪をひくけどなんで?みたいなことですか?まちがってますでしょうか?詳細わかる方教えてください。とくに最後の鼻血の話でしょうか?そのあたりがよくわかりません・・・よろしくおねがいします。

• catching a cuff full of

I parked the car under the black-green canopy of three oaks, and walked towards the sound of the tennis balls. I heard an exasperated voice say, “Deuce again.” It was Brenda and she sounded as though she was sweating considerably. I crackled slowly up the gravel and heard Brenda again. “My ad,” and then just as I rounded the path, catching a cuff full of burrs, I heard, “Game!” Her racket went spinning up in the air and she caught it neatly as I came into sight. “Hello,” I called. 上記の英文でcatching a cuff full of burrs, が何を描写してるのか皆目分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• shove it in his face

I just got a rather large promotion at work that I’ve been working toward for a long time. At first my fiancé gave me a half-hearted congrats and insisted he was happy for me. But over the course of a few days, he became depressed, angry, and starting taking jabs at me for no reason. I finally asked what the issue was and he admitted that he was jealous of my promotion. He has a great job, and while I will make fairly more money than he does, I always have made more money. His job has predictable hours and much better benefits. When he was promoted a while back I was genuinely happy for him—I saw it as our success, not just his. He sees this as a competition that he has lost. It hurts a lot because I want him to be happy for me. I don’t gloat or shove it in his face, shove it in his faceはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• a cold coming I had of it.の意味に就いて

下記はHotel du Lac文中の一節です。 主人公Edith Hopeが恋人宛に認めた手紙の冒頭部分です。 'My dearest David' 'A cold coming i had of it.Penelope drove fast and kept her eyes grimly ahead, so and so------ ある翻訳家が a cold coming I had of itを「冷え冷えとした気持ちで来ました」と訳しています。 小生の語学力ではこの訳文が理解できません。 どなたか解説して頂けませんかお願いいたします。

• called her out on it

I've been with "Betty" for 20 years. Last week, a repairman came to fix the phone line. On his way out, Betty followed him and said in a sexy voice, "I like bald-headed men. You come back." Betty didn't know I overheard what she said until I walked in after she had picked up the phone to call her girlfriend. She then told the woman that it probably hurt my feelings. She's right. It hurt my feelings and made me realize she really didn't care one whit about me. When I called her out on it, she claimed she was just being friendly. called her out on itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

And there was the vast, unsuspected cataclysm of my parents’ divorce,that redrew so many boundaries,and created, with the proverbial stroke of the pen, vast new areas of confusion and dismay. And then one day I left Columbia, and discovered the bitter truth about race relations,and for a while I was inclined to view the lessons I had been taught with a certain amount of rueful anger. I felt that I had been lied to,that the map I had been handed was a forgery. And after a11,I would hear it said from time to time,Columbia had failed in its grand experiment. It had become a gardenvariety suburb in the Baltimore-Washington Corridor;there was crime there,and racial unrest. 

• itの内容を指す語句

答えをだしましたが、本文全体の訳に自信がないため、苦戦しています。「it」はどの部分(語句?)を指しているのでしょうか?あっているかどうかご回答よろしくお願いします(><) 1) Perhaps diligence has been a part of the national character from its very origins, and on the other hand 『it』is possible to see Chinese influence-or perhaps it is only a chinese way of describing what was there all along. The notion of the do or the michi `the way`,goes by both a chinese and a japanese name,and『 it』 may be either or both. ・最初のit は 「 diligence has been a part of the national character from its very origins 」 を指していると思うのですが、長すぎるでしょうか? 二つ目のitは 「The notion of the do or the michi `the way`」 を指していると思います。 ------------ 2) A concern with diligence was also a part of tokugawa Confucianism,which was in many ways as japanese as 『it』 was Chinese. ・「A concern with diligence was also a part of tokugawa Confucianism」を指していると思います。 itは基本的に前の文を指すと思っていたのですが、違う場合もあるようで後の文のせないのは不安です(的外れで、ご迷惑がかからなければいいのですが;;)間違っていた場合はもう1度訳しなおします。 的外れな答えばかりだと思いますが、ご回答お願いいたします。

• この英文の意味するところを教えていただけませんか.

少し長くなりますが,前文がないと意味の取りようがないと思いますので,タイプします.次に挙げる文の前に,主人公は図書館に入って,余り興味を感じないギリシャ史の本を読もうとしていたが,そのうちうとうととしだしたと言う意味合いの記述が数行に渡ってあります. When I opened my eyes there was an old man sitting there opposite me. I hadn't heard him come in and I must have looked surprised at seeing him there, because he smiled and asked if it was all right for him to sit there. He was silent for a few minutes and then he began to talk. His long thin finger pointed to the book in front of me and he said that it was interesting. Of course I didn't argue with him, even though, I didn't really agree. But it soon became clear to me that he knew a lot about Greek history, for he started to tell me things that were in that book as if he'd written it himself. [ He made it sound as if those long-dead Greeks were part of today's world.] [ ] の前までの内容は分かるのですが,[ ]の部分がどういう状況を言っているのかよく分かりません.まったく自信はないのですが,礼儀として,私のあてすっぽの解釈を申し上げます.  「彼はそれら死んで久しくなるあのギリシャ人たちが,まるでこの世の一部分であるかのように…?」  it の内容とsound の訳し方が分かりません.辞書では一応当たってみましたが.また,long-dead Greeks の意味も自身はありません.全体的にはどういう状況を表現しているのでしょう.宜しくお願いします.