• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

call it inの意味

One thing I remember most vividly is, a couple of people got on at the end of the line, the bus was mostly empty. After a minute they say, "You know, there's a whole lot of blood back here." I walked back, and there's a pool of blood the likes of which I've never seen. A large pool of blood. Someone sat there, bled out, and walked off the bus. I was in shock this happened while I was driving. I called it in and was instructed to bring the bus to the yard. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43de9p/driving-a-city-bus-on-the-nightshift-is-the-worst-job-i-ever-loved called it inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数341
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3495/7224)

call it in は it をcall in したわけで、it はバスの中に大量の血溜りを発見したという事実。それを 「連絡した」 もしくは 「通報した」 というふうに読めます。 その場合の call in は下記の辞書の 2. に相当すると思われます。

参考URL:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/call%20in

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• It seems that whenever there's a TV in the house,..

NHKラジオ英会話講座より It seems that whenever there's a TV in the house,it's always turned on regardless of whether there's anything worth watching. 家にテレビがあると、見る価値のあるものがやっていようがいまいが、いつでもテレビがついているみたいだから。 (質問) 文脈がつかめません。長文を3つに区切ってみました。 (a)It seems that (b)whenever there's a TV in the house, (c)it's always turned on regardless of whether there's anything worth watching そして次のように解釈してみました。間違いをご指導ください。 (1)(a)のIt は仮主語である。[that]は接続詞である。 (2)(b)(c)は[wheneve]の接続詞でつながっている。 (3)(b)(c)の文節を手を加えることなく、入れ替え可能である。 (4)[[regardless of]の[of]は必要ですか?同様の使い方を教えて下さい。 初心者ですので、どなたか易しい説明をいただけませんでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 以上

• A bus in the bathroom

ドラマ「フルハウス」での場面です。 There's a car in the kitchen.と伝えたミシェルに対して、それを冗談だと思った姉のDJがAnd there's a bus in the bathroomと切返していました。 これがbusとbathをシャレているとすると、ちょっと驚きです。日本語の「バス」ならまだしも、busとbathでは発音が違い過ぎると思うからです。 これ、英語のシャレとして成立するのでしょうか?あるいはこれがシャレだと思った私の誤解でしょうか?

• called her out on it

I've been with "Betty" for 20 years. Last week, a repairman came to fix the phone line. On his way out, Betty followed him and said in a sexy voice, "I like bald-headed men. You come back." Betty didn't know I overheard what she said until I walked in after she had picked up the phone to call her girlfriend. She then told the woman that it probably hurt my feelings. She's right. It hurt my feelings and made me realize she really didn't care one whit about me. When I called her out on it, she claimed she was just being friendly. called her out on itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この文脈の中の”it takes”の意味を教えてください。

以下の文、 The Obama administration says American schools should produce students who are "college and career ready." What is the best way to do that? One group that has some ideas is the National Center on Education and the Economy. Marc Tucker is president of this nonprofit organization. MARC TUCKER: "The president has called for focusing in on what it really takes to be successful in work and in college, and he has called on America's educational institutions, primary and secondary educational institutions, to do whatever it takes to get our kids college ready. That is precisely what we are doing." で、後半のMARC TUCKERの言葉の中で "it really takes" "it takes" とあるのですが、itは何を指すのかと、takaはここではどういう意味なのかわかりません。itが仮主語だとすると、takeはどう訳すのですか。 よろしくお願いします。

• この場合の「in place」の意味を教えてください

北朝鮮のバンコデルタの口座凍結の話なんですが、以下の一つ目の文のin place on banks はどういう意味ですか。 BBCのhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/newsenglish/witn/2007/06/070615_nkorea_macau.shtml の第二パラグラフです。どうかよろしくお願いします。 In February the US agreed in principle that the money should be returned, but it didn't lift restrictions in place on banks around the world having any dealings with North Korea. The result was that no bank was willing to physically handle the money locked up in BDA and get it back to North Korea. They were worried about breaking US law.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We were on tour in Canada when this was filmed at like 7:00 am in Toronto after a show/long drive the night before. We literally had just woken up on the bus and walked in and played.

• どのような意味でしょうか

Todd and I had been going out for eight months, spending every spare moment together and practically living together. He’s smart and funny, and we fit together so well at one point I thought he might be the one. Until last month. I live on a farm (Todd is definitely a city boy), and one morning I went out to fix my electric fence. I turned it off before working on it, of course, but while I was leaning over the top wire Todd thought it would be funny to turn it back on. Now this isn’t the electric fence from Jurassic Park, but it has a pretty powerful charger on it, and it knocked me back on my heels and made me cry out. knocked me back on my heelsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• このinの意味

このinの意味 "This state, too, was Islamic, though again, most of the inhabitants remained true to their polytheistic traditions, and in the freedom granted women." in the freedom granted womenの意味がわからなくて、inはなぜ使われているのか教えてください。

• 英語 日本語訳

英語の日本語訳、よろしくお願いします_(._.)_ He walked by a mysterious red pool of water called the Sacred Well.

• 英文の意味が分かりにくい

Goodbye, Columbus  ONE の最後部分ですがイマイチ分かりにくい内容です。 We had to take about two too many steps to keep the approach from being awkward, but we pursued the impulse and kissed. I felt her hand on the back of my neck and so I tugged her towards me, too violently perhaps, and slid my own hands across the side of her body and around to her back. I felt the wet spots on her shoulder blades, and beneath them, I’m sure of it, a faint fluttering, as though something stirred so deep in her breasts, so far back, it could make itself felt through her shirt. It was like the fluttering of wings, tiny wings no bigger than her breasts. The smallness of the wings did not bother me—it would not take an eagle to carry me up those lousy 180 feet that make summer nights so much cooler in Short Hills than they are in Newark. I’m sure of it 以下の具体的なイメージが湧きません。抽象的な内容の様で長くて恐縮なんですが、具体的なイメージが湧くような日本語でザっと訳して頂けないでしょうか? I’m sure of it 以下で結構です。 so far back は、so far in her backの略でbackは背中の意味ですか?間違ってましたら正しい解釈を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。