• ベストアンサー

英語 訳

この2つの英文の訳がいまいちわかりません。 1つは、your Father had an accident there;he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor. と、画像のItからfortnight!の訳もお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

> your Father had an accident there;he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor. こちらは読んで字のごとし。 「あなたのお父さんはそこで大変な目にあったのよ;マグレガー婦人にパイの中に入れられちゃったんだから」 でこのput in a pie に何かイディオムかなんかあるかと思うとどうもなさそうで、じゃあお父さんはミンチにされてパイに入れられたかと言うと、まだお父さんが生きているのかどうかにもよりますが、子供向けの話のようなのでそこまでのグロな話は無いと思います。そうすると、でっかいパイに入れられて焼かれて食べられそうになったけどギリギリで逃れたと言う感じかと想像します。あくまでもお父さんがまだ生きていればの話。 次の質問。 It was the second little jacket and pair of shoes that Peter had lost in a fortnight! 「ピーターがちっちゃなジャケットと靴をなくしたのはこの2週間で2回めよ!」

関連するQ&A

• すでに亡くなっていることを知った。という文

ある人を探していて、彼は何週間前にもうすでに亡くなっていることを知ったというような表現をしたい場合、 i found out he had been dead in an accidentにするべきか、i found out that he was died in an accident,それとも、i found out that he was dead in an accidentにするか迷っています。回答おねがいします。

• 英語 英文 文型が わからないです 2問

1, Don't put that plastic bag over your head    2, His new boss told him he had an importan meeting この2問の文型が わかりません  1番は 答えが 2文型?(まちがっているかもしれない) ですが over your head が 補語ってことですか? overが前置詞なので 1文型に見えます、 2番は、5文型であってますかね?  he had an importan meeting が himの 補語だと 思いますが あっているのか よくわからないです;  わかるかた 教えてください よろしくおねがいします。

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません The thing that he was about to do was to open a diary. this was not illegal (nothing was illegal, since there were no longer any laws ), but if detected it was reasonably certain that it would be punished by death, or at least by twenty-five years in a forced-labour camp. Winston fitted a nib into the penholder and sucked it to get the grease off. The pen was an archaic instrument, seldom used even for signatures, and he had procured one,furtively and with some difficulty, simply because of a feeling that the beautiful creamy paper deserved to be written on with a real nib instead of being scratched with an ink-pencil. Actually he was not used to writing by hand. Apart from very short notes, it was usual to dictate everything into the speak-write, which was of course impossible for his present purpose. He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote April 4th, 1984 この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです

• 英語訳

There was a time when he was treated like a hero. 「彼が英雄のように扱われたときがあった。」 英文の「time when」はどこの訳にあたるのでしょうか。調べてるのですがどこにも見当たりません。 分かる人教えて下さい。

• neither~orの訳

neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth.  この英文の訳は、「両親のどちらもそこで生まれなかったか、あなたの生まれたときに(両親のどちらも)そこに住んでいなかった」であっていますか?教えてください。お願いします。

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません But it had also been suggested by the book that he had just taken out of the drawer. it was a peculiarly beautiful book. its smooth creamy paper, a little yellowed by age, was of a kind that had not been manufactured for at least forty years past. He could guess, however, that the book was much older than that. He had seen it lying in the window of a frowzy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town ( just what quarter he did not now remember ) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it. party members were supposed not to go into ordinary shops ( ‘dealing on the free market ’, it was called), but the rule was not strictly kept, because there were various things such as shoelaces and razor blades which it was impossible to get hold of in any other way. He had given a quick glance up and down the street and then had slipped inside and bought the book for two dollars fifty. At the time he was not conscious of wanting it for any particular purpose He had carried it guiltily home in his briefcase. Even with nothing written in it, it was a com-promising possession この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです。

• for what he was

Abby had an emotionally abusive alcoholic father, and she recognized my boyfriend for what he was. for what he wasとfor who he wasの違いについて教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Walters is a man of few words. When asked by the press why he did it, he said: 'You can't just sit there.' When asked if he was scared, he answered:'Wonderfully so.' When asked if he would do it again, he said: 'No.' And asked if he was glad that he did it, he grinned said:'Oh,yes.' The human race sits in its chair.On the one hand is the message that says there's nothing left to do.And people like Larry Walters are busy tying balloons to their chairs, directed by dreams and imagination to realize them.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• were playing/had been playing

The football match had to be stopped. They were playing for about an hour when there was a terrible storm. (山脇学園短大) 間違い探しです。答えは、were playing をhad been playingにするとのことですが、 when there was a terrible storm.というのはある程度長い期間に継続した出来事なので、were playingのままでもいいのではないでしょうか? あと、前も質問しましたが、 He lived in China when he was a child. ここでもhad livedではなく、livedになります。この英文と上記の英文との関係はなにかありますか。