• ベストアンサー

英語を教えてください・・

今、トランペットの先生がアメリカから来てくださっていて、レッスンを受けています。 が!もちろん英語しかわからない方なので質問するのも一苦労です・・ (一応通訳さんがいますが、どーにか自分で質問したいんです) そこで、教えてくもらいたい訳があります。 「高音を吹くときの舌の形を教えてください」 は 「Please teach me the form of the tongue when blowing(tooting?) the high tone」 であっているでしょうか? あと、レッスンの始めに「よろしくお願いします」というのは「sincerely」 こういう風に吹いてくださいと言われた時に 「わかりました」と返事をするのは普通に「YES」でいいのでしょうか?? 失礼にならないような言い方を教えてもらえると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • wickchick
  • ベストアンサー率62% (78/124)
回答No.3

カナダで大学の音楽学部を卒業しました。 トランペット専攻ではありませんでしたが、クラスの中で習いました。私の専攻はピアノで、トランペットの伴奏はよくしていましたが… 基本的にレッスンが始まる時は、 "Hi! How are you?" というような会話から始まり、大抵は先生の方から 「では、始めましょうか」("Let's start", "Shall we start?"など)といってくださる場合が多いです。 Nice to meet you, Please to meet youなどというのはレッスンで使うのはおかしいですよ。初めて会うわけではないですよね? (#1さん、ごめんなさい。) それか、あなたが質問があるのなら、挨拶が終わってから、「今日は質問があります」といって切り出すのもいいでしょう。宜しくお願いします、というような言葉はないので、確かにちょっと戸惑いますよね。でも、私がレッスンを受けていた時は、逆に「よろしく」という習慣が英語にないので、それはそれで自然でした。 さて、日本語だとトランペットは「吹く」ですが、私が聞いていた限り、高音を吹く、などという時は、 "playing the high tone" といっていました。blowではなくplay。blowing the high toneだと、意味が少し違ってきます。どちらかというと、イメージ的には手の上に「高音」をのせて、横からふーっと息を吹きかけている感じ(笑)。わかります? でも、きっとblowingといっても先生は意味がお解かりになるでしょう。 わかりましたの時には、OK!で大丈夫。私はどういっていたかなぁ、なんて考えましたが、やっぱりOKだったと思います。親しくなってきた時には、"Alright"などといっていました。本当に自分でできるかどうか自信が無いときには"I'll try"といっていましたが、その他は、だいたいOKでしたよ。 会話はいつも同じ事を言っていると不思議がられますから、マニュアルどおり、と考えなくても大丈夫ですよ。 レッスン、頑張ってくださいね。

kiisanta
質問者

お礼

お礼がおそくなりました!! 同じ音楽関係の勉強をされていた方なんですね。 教えていただいた英語ばっちり使わせてもらいました。 あとで、通訳さんから「ちゃんと調べたのね」って褒めて?もらえてよかったです。 本当にありがとうございました^^

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (4)

• hakkoichiu
  • ベストアンサー率21% (250/1139)
回答No.5

1) Please show me how to move the tongue to play high tone sounds. 2) 「よろしくお願いします。」のような日本語、日本語の習慣を言っても理解されないので不要でしょう。 3) I see. I get it. I understand that. I'll follow your instructions.

kiisanta
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなりました。 よろしくお願いしますってないんですね。。 なんだか不思議な感じでした。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • wickchick
  • ベストアンサー率62% (78/124)
回答No.4

#3です。 長々と書いておきながら、もう1つつけたしです。 「舌の形」は、formでもshapeでも通じるはずです。 文法が少し間違っていてもあまり気にせず、バンバン質問していった方が、先生もあなたのやる気が見えていいと思います。 またわからないことがあったらおっしゃってください。 頑張ってくださいね!

kiisanta
質問者

お礼

なんとか、英語で通じました! 半分体で表現しましたが・・^^; でも感謝です!! ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

「形」は shape のほうが一般的でしょう で 厳密に言えば when のあとに 現在分詞をつなげるのは間違いです。 よろしくお願いします  が sincerely は変です あれは あくまで文語です 特に何も言う必要もないような気もしますが 。 わかりました は 状況によって 使い分けるので なんとも・・・  

kiisanta
質問者

お礼

御礼が遅くなりました!! なんとか乗り切ることができました。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.1

こんばんは。 いろいろな言い方があると思いますが、 一般によく使われる「~して頂けませんか?」の形、 Would you tell me the form of the tongue when blowing the high note? が、より丁寧でいいと思うのですが、いかがでしょう? 日本語でいう、始まる前の「よろしくお願いします」は英語でぴったりくる言葉は無いように思うのですが、 普通の挨拶として、Nice to meet you. /Happy to meet you./Pleased to meet you.ではいかがでしょうか? sincerely は手紙などの最後に書く、文書体の 「よろしく……」だと思いますよ。 「わかりました」は 軽くYes でもOKでもいいですが、I see. I'll try.(わかりました。やってみます)もいかがでしょう。一つの参考まで。

kiisanta
質問者

お礼

こんばんは。 Would you~のほうがいいんですね! わかりました。 Nice to meet youは親しい人にだけ使えるものだと思っていましたが、そうでもないみたいなので早速使おうと思います。 全部参考になりました! ありがとうございました!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語でメールを送りたいので教えてください。

英語でメールを送りたいので教えてください。 事情的には、娘6才が個人英会話の自宅レッスンを受けるに当たり お願いしたい事があるということ。 それは、最初のレッスンの時間はお互い慣れてもらう為に近所の公園で一緒に遊んで頂きたい。 もし今週の土曜日か日曜日に来て頂けたら町内のお祭りで娘がダシを引くので 良い機会なので来て頂ける時間が祭りの時間に合えば一緒に行ってもらえませんか? というのを英語のメールでお願いしたいです。 サンプルの英文は用意されていて、金額や、時間の部分(お祭りがある時間帯)は私が記入します。 その他の部分を上の内容を含んだ形で応用したいです。 サンプル英文 Dear (*1), My name is (*2) and I saw your profile on the MY-sensei.com website. I'm looking for a teacher who can visit my home (*3) and teach English to me and (*4). The best time for me to have a lesson is on (*5). I'd prefer to have a 90 minute lesson once a week. I will pay you (*6) yen for each lesson. Could you please e-mail me and let me know if you would be interested in teaching us? I hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, (*2) --------------------------------------------- *1 先生の名前 *2 あなたの名前 *3 あなたの自宅へのアクセス 例:(5 minute walk from Ueno station) *4 子供の年齢 例:my 4 year old child *5 レッスンを受けたい日時 例1:monday at 7pm (月曜夜7時) 例2:friday between 6pm and 8pm(金曜日夜6時から8時の間) *6 レッスン料(一回のレッスンにつき) 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文メールの添削をお願いいたします

英文メールの添削をお願いいたします 先日から英会話を習っているのですが、英文メールを先生に送るという課題がでました。 英文を書くのが高校以来10年ぶりなので(しかも英語苦手だったので)かなり不安です。 頑張って作ってみたので、添削をお願いいたします>< -------------------- Dear Mr.Tom: Thank you very much for your first lesson. I'm not good at using English. But I'll push myself. The reason for the chance to learning English is I came to like Emotional Rock. My favorite band is The Used,mae,Dream State and Last Winter. I want to go this band on concert in America,when I can speak English. Do you have favorite musician? Please teach me! Respectfully yours, ●● -------------------- よろしくお願いいたします!

• 私の日記に、英語でレシピを書きました。初めての...The Recipe in English....です。

Hi, Crystal! I just took a bath and now I am writing this one. How was your today? Me? I had a good day, because I did do my best! Did you say “Really?” Yes, I did! Do you know why my answer is “Yes, I did!”? Because, I am with someone all the time. She is being with me in my heart and say to me “Yes, you can! Do your best!” So I must(have to? sould?でしょうか?) be honest to her. Everyone should be honest (正直であるべきですと言いたいのですが?) to themselves. Don't you think so? BTW, do you remember that I promised you about something? Yes, that’s right, Crystal! Today I have to teach you how to cook gobo. I named it “Happy Gobo”. If you will make it, you feel happy when you have it. It’s sure! Because, I feel happy when I have a good dish. I hope “Happy Gobo” will be your favorite one. Let's get started with how to cook gobo, are you ready? Recipe of “Happy Gobo” (1) Cut dried konbu into random small pieces and soak for a while in enough water to cover konbu. (15~20minutes) (2) cut slender(thin) gobo(burdock root) into 3 to 4cm length pieces (2) Put gobo, (1) (konbu and water used to soften konbu), 50cc soy sauce, 50cc mirin, 100cc rice vinegar into pan and cook at medium heat. Did you understand how to cook “Happy Gobo"? Oh! I forgot one thing, you can keep it while 4~5 days in a refrigerator. The day after tomorrow, I am going to see my parents, so I will cook “Happy Gobo” for them. Well, I want to be with you more and more. But I have to go bed. So it's time for me to say to you “Ciao for now, My Little Sweet crystal!”

• 簡単な英文添削をお願いします!

Hi!! ○○ Thank you so much for your nice lessons. We've had very good time. You always checked our homework kindly. Ya blood's worth bottling! The day you go back to Australia is coming up. Have a good time on your holiday in Australia! But don't forget to come back to Japan. I am looking forward to seeing you again. After you return to Japan please email me when you are going to do something interesting. Bon voyage. ご機嫌よう ○○ 素晴らしいレッスンをありがとう。 私たちは楽しい時を過ごしました。 あなたはいつも私たちの宿題を親切にチェックしてくれましたね。 〈オーストラリア俗語〉あなたは素晴らしい人だ(自分にとって良いことをしてくれた人に対する褒め言葉) もうすぐオーストラリアに帰れますね。 オーストラリアでの休日を楽しんでください。 でも日本に帰ってくる事を忘れないでね。 また会える日を楽しみにしています。 日本に帰ってから、何か面白いことをする時はメールしてね。 よい御旅行を! よろしくお願いいたします。

• ドメイン登録でこんなメールが!和訳してくれませんか

ドメインを登録したらこんなメールが送られてきました。 どのような内容なのでしょうか? 和訳していただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 Hi there , Domain Name: aaa.com(仮) (Account #×××) This email is being sent out to you because search registration for aaa.com is pending. Please register these domains to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo ASAP to avoid late fees. Registering for search engines would help you show up in search results and increase your online presence. You can register your domain at: here(URL:www.searchregistry.org) We sincerely appreciate your business! If you require anything, we are at your service. Remember… If you do not register your domain with the search engines, it may not appear in the search engine listing when people are looking for you. Failure to complete your domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may make it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web. Complete your search engine registration today at: www.searchregistry.org Sincerely, Search Engine Registry 1787 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Suite 1025 Washington DC, 20006 You may unsubscribe here

• 英語長文

Like it or not, our lives are closely tied to the media, she told teachers gathered to hear her talk about media literacyーthe subject of her recent book. Children need to acquire media literacy, she said. They need to learn how to critically analyze what they read and watch in the media. Sugaya's book Media Literacy (A) by Iwanami Shoten last year. It was based on information she gathered in a tour of schools in Canada, England and the US, (1) media education has long been a part of the curriculum. In classrooms throughout the province of Ontario, in east-entral Canada, media literacy was made a part of English classes at junior and senior high schools in 1987 and extended into elementary school education in 1995. Canada's nine other provinces soon followed Ontario's example.  “What struck me was that children are taught how to read visual information in English class, in the same way they are taught to read and write,” said Sugaya. In Britain and US, too, media literacy is widely considered an important part of the school curriculum, she said. One doesn't need sophisticated video-editing equipment to teach the subject. Using a white frame made from paperboard, Sugaya demonstrated how teachers in England move the frame from left to right, then top to the bottom to show how much is included in, and hiding from a televised image. “What you see (on TV) is only aspect of realityーit's reality as seen from the eyes of the reporters or editors. Think of what is outside the frame, or what you aren't seeing.” Sugaya said she became (2) of the difference between reality and perceived reality (as reflected in the media) when she worked in the editorial department of Newsweek Japan. “I had never seriously questioned the (3) of news stories,” she said. “But at Newsweek we were encouraged to have a third angle in every story, which helped me understand that all news is processed.” Presenting different angles, or opinions, provides the reader with a variety of perspectives (4) which to judge the truth of the news story. ・(A) publishを変形して挿入 publishedにしました。 ・(1)which,where,for which,when (2)aware,awake,acquainted,accustomed (3)relationship,cost,moral,truth (4)about,form,at,for which,aware,truth,from にしました。 お願いします。

• レストランの予約の返事を訳して下さい

次のように、メールでレストラン(仮にABCとします)の予約をしましたら、2通メールが来ました。意味が良く分かりません。意訳していただけないでしょうか? まず、一通目、 Dear TARO TANAKA, Thank you for making your reservation at ABC. Your reservation is confirmed. TARO TANAKA Sunday, ○○○ ○○, 2013 6:00 PM Party of 3 Thank you for choosing ABC. Should your plans change, please let us know. We look forward to serving you. If you would like to change your reservation, please call us at Phone: xxx.xxx.xxxx. ABC 1234 XXX Avenue XXXXX, HI xxxxx Phone: xxx.xxx.xxxx Fax: xxx.xxx.xxxx Get more information about ABC Make a reservation at ABC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. However, if you'd rather not receive future E-Mails of this sort, please reply to this E-Mail with your first and last name and use the subject: "Unsubscribe". ※特に線以下がよくわかりません。 2通目はすぐに折り返しきたのですが、まったくよくわかりません。 Hi Taro, Thank you for your reservations, but need to know what hotel you are staying at so we can put in their phone number. We do not allow smoking and do not have windows. If you prefer, we can reserve a table with a view of the Chef grilling steaks. -----Original Message----- From: Taro Tanaka [mailto:○○@mail.goo.ne.jp] Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 5:13 PM To: ABC@abc.net Subject: ABC.com Contact Form: To: Sales From: Taro Tanaka ○○@mail.goo.ne.jp Message: To whom it may concern,ABC I would like to make a reservation for dinner on ○○ ○○○ 2013. Time 18:00 Number of peaople:3 Adults I want a non-smoking table by the window. Name:Taro Tanaka(Mr) Tel:xx-xx-xxx-xxxx Fax:xx-xx-xxx-xxxx Email:○○@mail.goo.ne.jp Address:x-x x-chome,Minamimati,Kita-ku,Xxxx-shi,Xxxxx-ken,Japan Destination:EFG Hotel Please inform by e-mail or.fax when reservaion has been confimed. Sincerely,Taro Tanaka  以上です。予約は取れたのでしょうか?何か返信をメールすべきなのでしょうか? よろしくご教示ください。

• 久しぶりに日記風に英作文を書きました、表現が解らない所を含め、添削をお願いしたいのです。よろしくお願いいたします。

Hi, Crystal! What are you doing now? Are you cleaning up your room? Me? Yes, I already did it. I am waiting for you while writing my diary as usual. When you will finish it, please call me, OK?  Today is our day-off. Did you know why I said “our day-off”. Because today is a public holiday in Japan. Not only today, from today to the day after tomorrow, these 3 days are public holidays! And this Saturday will be my day-off. So I am out of work these 5days! Tomorrow, I am going to see my parents and to have a lunch at the hotel. I am looking forward to see them. Other 4 days, I don’t have a special plan. I am going to spend relaxed.(のんびりと過ごすつもりです…..と言いたいのですが。) Did you call me, Crystal? You finished to clean up your room, didn’t you. Good! Please read my diary. While then, I go to my garden and snip off flowers of Pansy. See you later,Crystal!

• 英訳のチェックをお願いします。

英訳のチェックをお願いします。 大変申し訳ございませんが、以下の日本文の英訳のチェックをお願い致します。一度メールを送った程度の面識しか無い相手なので、丁寧な感じが出るようにしたいと考えています。意訳でも結構ですので、宜しくお願い致します。 (日本文) ・プレゼンテーションに関する情報提供、ありがとうございました。 あなたは、親切にも私たちがプレゼンテーションする日について情報提供してくれましたが、1点教えて下さい。私たちは、登録した際、XXをAAセッションで、YYをBBセッションでプレゼンテーションすることを希望しましたが、あなたのEメールでは、それが逆になっています、その理由を教えて下さい。 ・また、プレゼンテーション後の質疑応答に対応するため、AAセッションとBBセッションに通訳を1名同行させたいと考えておりますが、問題ないでしょうか? ※XXとYYはプレゼンテーションのタイトルです。 (英訳) Thank you for your email. You kindly informed us of our presentation date. By the way, I have one question. When I sent you the registration form for participation in the events, I asked you to make presentation about XX at AA and YY at BB. But that is opposite to our expectation in your email. Please let me know the reason. In addition, we hope that we let an interpreter attend at AA and BB for question and answer after our presentations. Could you accept this?

• 英語のエッセー 指定された語句だけで書く、制約あるエッセーについて

英語のエッセーについてお聞きします。 「書く」ということなので解答の単語はわかります。また構文の関係、序論、本論、結論の3つにわけ、序論は一段落で、本論は三つの段落で、結論は一つの段落で書くのが200words~300wordsの場合よいというのは知っております。 ですが、このような問題があります。与えられたトピックについて、200words前後でエッセーを書くものです。トピックに対して、その内容をカバーする6つのポイントが与えられるので、その中から3つを選び、英文を書くものです。 例としまして、 Topic How can sports contribute to world peace 「スポーツがいかに世界平和に貢献できるか」というトピックに対して、 Ambassadors/ other cultures / Entertainment / Sportmanship / Team work /society 解答例 The world-wide sports arena is witnessing an increase in the number of athlestes playing professionally on foreign teams. When athletes , like Hideo Nomo, Ichiro Suzuki and Hideki Matsui play for fans in their host country , they can do woders for sagging international morale. Let's example some of the ways sports contribute to world peace. Fist of all , as we have noted above , athletes can become ambassadors for their country , just by their exemplary sportmanship. Fans can become interested in the cultures of the players , just as they bocome interested in the players themselves. Not only individual athletes, but teams , in favorable circumstances, such as Olympic events , the World Cup , the Asian Cup and other tournaments can instill a desire to learn about the country of the players ,meet other foreigners or tavel to other contries. All of this interaction, publicity and learning promotes peaceful understanding between contries Most importantly, sports ,whether team sports or individual sports , have the power to unite people of different languages , religions and cultures , because any sport is a universal form of entertainment. A sport doesn't need language to be understood. Team sports, in particular, teach the invaluable lesson of peace- that working together is the best way to achive any goal. (解答例をみてもよくわからないです) この内容が正直あまり聞きなれないことなので、与えられた使節、多文化、娯楽、スポーツマンシップ、チームワーク、社会、という言葉を、どう使ったらいいのかわかりません。 (この問題の解答をおききしているわけではありません) 厳しい道のりでもいいです。一体どのような対策を「具体的に」していけばいいのですか?NHKを見たりして、時事問題に関心を寄せていますが、それだけでは書けないように思われます。 6つのポイントで、どれもなじみのない単語(見たことはある、知っている単語だが、それをどう使ったらいいのか分からない場合)がある場合は、一体どうすればいいのですか? もちろん、そうならないためにも学習します。何をどうやったら、どういう方向で学習を進めていったらいいのか具体的な指針が見えてきません。手探りで進んでいる状態です。このような問題には「想像力」がひつようなのでしょうか? 他の例  Topic Differences between day schools and bording schools hobbies / Family time / communication / social skills / Independence / Responsibilities topic Changes in Japanese women's attitudes toward their careers Discrimination / Independence / Liberation / Gender-related jobs / Economic causes / Women's education 使われる語句がすでに限定されてしまっているので、制約がついている分、書きにくく感じます。このような問題は、大学で出題される「自由英作文」の対策と全く同じやり方で取り組んでいいのでしょうか?

有線ランの戻し方
このQ&Aのポイント
  • 印刷できないため、無線ランに切り替えたが同じく印刷ができないので有線ランに戻したい。
  • 質問者はWindows10を使用しており、有線ランで接続されている。
  • 関連するソフトや電話回線の情報は提供されていない。
回答を見る