相撲力士数26とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 質問者は、英国の週刊誌The Economistの記事について質問しています。
  • その中に、日本で最も成功した26人の力士のうち、10人が非日本人で、そのうち7人がモンゴル出身であることが書かれています。
  • しかし、「26」とは具体的に何を指しているのか分かっていないため、質問しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

相撲力士数26とは?

英国の週刊誌The Economistの記事「Why the Japanese are no longer on top in sumo wrestling」(March 17, 2015)の中に、Of the 26 most accomplished wrestlers in Japan, which is the only location of professional sumo contests, ten are non-Japanese, and seven of those are Mongolian.の一文がでてきますが、この「26」は何を指しているのかご教示頂けますならば幸甚です。相撲関連のサイトを調べてもよく分かりません。横綱と三役を足した力士の数でも変ですし、幕内の力士数だと少な過ぎます。よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

この記事は今年の3月17日付ですので、大相撲3月場所(春場所)の番付を確認してみました。 この場所の幕内力士数は、総勢42人です。 その内、外国出身力士が16人を占めています。 ですから日本人力士数は26人になるということだと思います。 (なお、旭天鵬は日本に帰化していますから正確には国籍からすると日本人なのですが、出身地がモンゴルですので外国出身力士という言い方になります)  ●モンゴル  9人(白鵬、日馬富士、鶴竜、照ノ富士、玉鷲、            逸ノ城、時天空、旭秀鵬、旭天鵬)  ●ジョージア 2人(栃ノ心、臥牙丸)  ●ブルガリア 1人(碧山)  ●ブラジル  1人(魁聖)  ●エジプト  1人(大砂嵐)  ●中国    1人(蒼国来)  ●ロシア   1人(阿夢露) 但し、引用されている記事では、非日本人が10人、うち7人がモンゴル人となっていますので、これらの力士数は不正確なものです。

ichinichisenshu
質問者

お礼

早速、ご回答頂き誠に有難うございます。数字が合致しないので、おかしいと考えていたのですが、正確ではない、というご教示を頂戴し、合点がいきました。感謝の気持ちで一杯です。重ねて、心よりお礼申し上げます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いいたしますm(_ _)m

Sumo has religious origins and dates back over one thousand years. For example, just before a match, the wrestlers throw salt into the ring. This reflects an old Shinto purification rite. The present form has remained unchanged for several centuries. In sumo, as in many Japanese arts, form and ceremony play an important role in creating the proper atmosphere. First-time spectators often complain about the lengthy preparation, but the various actions, such as stomping feet, clapping hands, and tossing salt are an essential part of the show . These rituals performed before the bout have a historical value in that they capture and preserve the traditions and glory of the sport. They also have a psychological value for the participants, as well as for the spectators, as the anticipation and excitement slowly build. While the formalities preceding the match take up to four minutes, the actual wrestling rarely lasts more than a minute. The amount of time needed to determine a winner may be the shortest of any sport in the world. 長くてすみません( ´•_•` )

• yokozuna(横綱)は単・複数ともyokozuna?

次の一節は、昨日のThe Daily Yomiuri(EDITION D, p.22)の大相撲初場所のコラムの記事の出だしです。 A 24-year-old Mongolian with a wicked sense of humor and the all-round ability to become one of sumo’s great yokozuna, Asashoryu weighs in at 140 kilograms and stands 1.84 meters tall. one of sumo’s yokozunaとなっているということは、yokozunaは単数・複数ともyokozunaと見ていいわけでしょうか?

• 添削お願いします

私は賛成です。 それには3つの理由があります。 1つ、横綱はこれまでも数々のトラブルを起してきました。 2つ、横綱は相撲の中でも最も高いステータスです。 3つ、相撲は日本の伝統的スポーツです。 以上より、横綱は責任をもってよりきつい厳罰を受けるべきだとも 思います。 スポーツは勝ち負けのみに重きがあるのではなく、 プレーヤー自身に真価が問われるのです! I agree with this opinion. I have three reasons. One,Mr.Yokozuna has been did many troubles ever before. Two,Sumo is Japanese very cultural famous sports. Three,his status in Sumo is a top. So, I also think he should accepted more severe punishment. Sports is not only worse winning or losting. Player casually must consious of themselves too!

• 英語の穴埋め問題

英語穴埋め問題よろしくお願いいたします 語群 be, build, complain, date, last ,need, perform, preserve, play, reflect, remain ,take, throw 文 Sumo has religious orig ins and (1)back over one thousand years. For example, just before a match, the wrestlers(2) salt into the ring. This (3) an old Shinto purification rite. The present form has (4) unchanged for several centuries. In sumo, as in many Japanese arts, form and ceremony(5) an important role in creating the proper atmosphere. First-time spectators often (6) about the lengthy preparation, but the various actions, such as stomping feet, clapping hands, and tossing salt (7) an essentiすal part of the show. These rituals (8) before the bout have a historical value in that they capture and (9) the traditions and glory of the sport. They also have a psychological value for the participants, as well as for the spectators, as the anticipation and excitement slowly (10).While the formalities preceding the match (11) up to four minutes, the actual wrestling rarely (12) more than a minute. The amount of time(13) to determine a winner may be the shortest of any sport in the world. 長くてすみませんm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いします

何回もすみません。 和訳お願いします。 To my surprise, my extremely limited Japanese did not prevent me from making friends with people who didn't speak English. I even learned, to some degree, sado and ikebana. These classes were conducted entirely in Japanese. I also watched a lot of TV. Without understanding a word, I was thoroughly engrossed in the soap operas, samurai dramas, sumo wrestling matches, anime, and even the commercials.

• Writers and Critics

Please introduce me the names of Japanese writers and critics whose passages are often used in the entrance examinations of universities and colleges in Japan.

• anyの使い方

anyの使い方について 中1英語の内容です、初歩的なことですみません。 中1英語の参考書をやっているのですが any=どんな(数、量、種類)でも(無限定)という風に説明してあり、 someが否定・疑問詞で使えないことは解ったのですが、このanyはどういうイメージで理解すればいいんでしょうか? There are not any eggs in the box. Are there any Japanese in this village? 参考書には、上記を日本語訳した文章が その箱の中に(どんな数でも)卵はないよ。 この村に(どんな数でも)日本人はいますか? と書かれているのですが(どんな数でも)っていらないんじゃ・・・ any外して There are not eggs in the box. Are there Japanese in this village? じゃダメなのかな?って思ってしまったのです。 anyはどう理解すればいいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします!

• 英語の長文、日本語訳お願いします、II

Given the size of the Japanese comics industry, it is not surprising that manga have had considerable influence overseas. Some pirated versions of Japanese comics have appeared in other Asian nation for more than a decade. In Europe, manga have been given a lift by the popularity of Japanese animation, and several translated editions of comic stories have appeared . Inthe United States, readers were slow to appreciate Japanese manga, but there are now fan clubs of manga and of Japanese animation in most major cities. The United States invented the modern comic book and has had an enormous influence on the development of mangain Japan. But now, manga are playing an important role in reviving the industry in America. Manga are more than just another export from Japan. They are an important cross-cultural element in both nations.

• 次の英訳の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。

次の英訳の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。 <日本語> 最近、人前で自由に話せる若者が増えていますが、日本人は以前として英語を話すのが苦手です。 これは日本人は英語を話す時に間違うことを恐れるからです。 <英訳> (1) Recently the number of young people who can express their feeling free in public is increasing, although Japanese are not still good at speaking English. This is why Japanese people is afraid that they make mistake when speaking English. (2) Today there is more and more young people can talk to as they like in public, so Japanese people still have trouble speaking. It is because Japanese are fear to mistake on speaking English. (3) These days many young people can speak fluently in front of others, and the Japanese are still poor speakers in English. The reason of this is that the Japanese are afraid of committing error while they say English.

• 英文の和訳に困っています。皆さんお願いします。

英文の和訳に困っています。皆さんお願いします。 The number of Japanese living in Britain has been growing fast over the last 30 years or so. In 1970, fewer than 3,000 Japanese lived in Britain; now there are more than 60,000 which makes them the third largest group of Japanese living abroad ( after those living in the United States and Brazil ). A couple of thousand have officially settled in Britain, but most are living in Britain for work or to study, mainly in and around London. Scotland and south Wales are each home to about a thousand Japanese workers and their families; some also live in north-east England, where Nissan makes cars. 翻訳サイトを使わないで、翻訳していただけると助かります。