• ベストアンサー

この for はなんですか?

Every time he gets to work there are more things to do than he has time for. 最後の for はどういうことか教えてください。 また、もしかして、文が間違いという可能性もあるのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

文が間違ってはいません。 thanが疑似関係代名詞(関係代名詞だと思ってください)なので things to doが「先行詞」のようになります。ですから、 he has time for (things to do)というthings to doが、関係詞の「欠け」の部分に相当します。 たとえば以下のようになります。 There is more space than is needed. オーレックス英和辞典 The job turned out to be more than he had bargained for. (その仕事は彼の予想以上に大変なことがわかった)ランダムハウス英和大辞典 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

moo_a3123
質問者

お礼

よくわかりました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#204809
noname#204809
回答No.2

Every time he gets to work, there are more things to do than he has time for (doing あるいはwhat he can do). ( ) が省略されているようなものと考えてください。 there are more things to do than A Aよりももっとやるべきことがたくさんある there are more things to do than he has time. これだけだと、more things to do than 彼には時間がある  というように中途半端です。 それらを行うのに彼が持っている時間以上にやるべきことがある! ということから「それらを行うのに必要な時間」以上にやるべきことがたくさんある と言いたいので he has time for のfor は必須です。

moo_a3123
質問者

お礼

回答、ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 同じ内容になる英文を教えてください。中学生です。

同じ内容になる英文を教えてください。中学生です。 He has a lot of work to do. There is a lot of work ( ) ( ) ( )by him. He doesn't have to do the work tonight. It ( ) necessary ( ) ( ) ( ) do the work tonight. I couldn't jump over the fence. It ( ) ( ) for ( ) ( ) jump over the fence. The students are not old enough to drink alcohol. The students are ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )alcohol.

• 和訳

It is more important to pave the way for the child to want to know than to put him on a diet of facts he is not ready to assimilate. If you are a parent who feels he has little nature lore at his disposal there is still much you can do for your child. これらの訳が分かりませんでした。長文の本文の一部ですが、お願いします。

• 書き換えについて質問です。

There are about twenty students in the class. これを the class numbers about twenty students. に書き換えることはできますか? また、下の2つの文章は不自然でしょうか。 He has more than I by five CDs. He has five more CDs than I have.

• これはなぜ for なのですか?

次の英文です。 I mean being able to come up with new solutions to problems for which there are no simple solutions. なぜ for which なのでしょうか。to だと思ったのですが・・・。 文の後半は there are no simple solutions 【to】the problems と考えては間違いですか? there are no simple solutions for the problem なのでしょうか。 高校の教科書に出る英文なので間違いはないはずです。 前置詞+関係代名詞はいちおう理解できているつもりですが、この文だけ腑に落ちません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳希望

以下の英文(前半部分ですが)を翻訳していただけるかた、 お願いできますでしょうか。 誤植があると思いますので意訳でもかまいません。 よろしくお願いいたします。 His sun is in Capricorn and yours is in Virgo. These signs belong to the same ellement, the ellement of earth so there is a natural affinity. Both of you are very practical, well-grounded people. You are responsible tidy, trustworthy, discreet and mature. He is a little more selfish and calculating than you in the relationship. He puts his own advantage first, but again in practical ways. He is economic, and can get the most out of every situation. He is able to look ahead and work things out. Decide what he thinks is the best course. While you more allow fate to take its coursed, you are more accepting, inwardly anxious but outwardly accommodating. You let things happen, rather than trying to control circumstance. You are efficient at dealing with circumstance that arise and tend to love unconditionally. He is cautious, enduring, tries to be sensible and practical and yet has a capricious quirky side that can suddenly do the unexpected.

• much more to

There is much more to these children's mistakes than meets the eye. この文は「このような子供たちの間違いには、表面的に表れたものよりもずっと多くの大切なことが含まれている」という意味ですが、 There is much more "things"が略されていると考えればよいのですか。 そうするとthan以下の文の主語は何になりますか。

• 比較

並べ替え問題ですが、あっているか教えてください。 1.There are (Japan/more/in/people/than)in New Zealand. →There are more people in Japan than in New Zealand. moreはpeople前であっていますか? 2.I am very busy these days. (have/spare/I/than/less/time) I used to. →I have less spare time than I used to. less の位置が自信がありません。 宜しくお願いします。

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

日本語に訳していただけたら嬉しいです。 宜しくお願いします。 The feet are generally colder than the body and icy in the evenings in bed And tend to go cold when he has a head ache.. He is subject to chilblains in winter and to numbness in the snow, though his shoes are adequate for the weather. He neglects his feet and his shoes are the not the kindest and his walk is too plodding. There is an inclination to turns the toes outwards when he walks. So the shoe are apt to rub. so his feet suffer. He gets cramps in the soles of the feet, and tired feet. He washes his feet and is hygienic. But the palms of the hands sweat more than the feet.

• よろしくお願いします

I’ve known a guy as a friend for a few years, and we see each other every few months and catch up. I recently found myself single at the same time he was and I thought he might be interested in me. We’ve both began communicating with each other more than usual. However, it’s always about our cats. We make plans to do things where there will be cats, visit with each other’s cats, message each other cat memes and updates about our cats, and even plan “cat dates” for our cats to hang. We make plans to do things where there will be catsの訳とwhereの文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• than の省略を教えて頂ければ幸いです。more

1Thanks for coming early.There's ore to move than I thought and I',really worried that it won't all fit into your truck.(than I thought・・・) 2There is/i have more work to do than I thought.(思っていたよりしなければならない仕事がある) よろしくお願いします。