• 締切済み

英詩の訳お願いします

In Me, Past, Present, Future meet by Siegfried Sassoon In me, past, present, future meet To hold long chiding conference. My lusts usurp the present tense And strangle Reason in his seat. My loves leap through the future’s fence To dance with dream-enfranchised feet. In me the cave-man clasps the seer, And garlanded Apollo goes Chanting to Abraham’s deaf ear. In me the tiger sniffs the rose. Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble, Since there your elements assemble.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数10

みんなの回答

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

わが中にて過去、現在、未来が集う シーグフライド・サスーン作 わが中にて、過去、現在、未来が集う 時間をかけて、私をたしなめる会議を持つために。 欲望は、現在時制を侵害し、理性氏を会議の席で絞め殺す。 わが愛するモノたちは、夢のなかで開放された脚で踊りを舞うために、 未来という垣を飛び越えて行く。 わが中の野蛮男は、予見者を手で掴む。 花冠を戴いたアポロは、 アブラハムが耳を貸さない歌を唱えに行く。 わが中のトラは薔薇を嗅ぐ。 わがこころの中を見よ、親切な友たちよ。 そして震えよ。 そこで君たちの部隊が編成されていくのだから。 以上、いかがでしょうか?

• Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1442/3776)
回答No.1

これは日本における 「きけわだつみの声」 と似たような構成のもののようです。 どちらも世界大戦時のものですね。 In Me, Past, Present, Future meet→ 私の中の、過去、現在、未来 by Siegfried Sassoon→ Siegfried Sassoon提供 In me, past, present, future meet→ 私が出会った、過去、現在、未来 To hold long chiding conference.→ 長いたしなめの会議(長いお説教)→戦争そのものへの比喩と思います。(あるいは戦いの真っ最中かもしれません) My lusts usurp the present tense→ 私の欲望は現状の緊張を奪って、(下へ続きます) And strangle Reason in his seat. → その理由(たぶん理性) を彼の席で絞め殺します。 → 理性を失います。 My loves leap through the future’s fence→ 私の愛は 未来のフェンス(たぶん壁)を突き抜けて飛んで行き、(下へ続く) To dance with dream-enfranchised feet.→ 夢で自由になった足で(夢の為に現実よりも自由になった足で) ダンスをします。 In me the cave-man clasps the seer,→ 私の中の洞穴人(洞穴に住んでいた古代人)は預言者をとり巻き、(下へ続く) And garlanded Apollo goes→ 花輪をしたアポロは、(下へ続く) Chanting to Abraham’s deaf ear.→ 耳の聞こえないアブラハムへ歌(アポロの竪琴)をささげにいきます。→ 聞き耳を持たない権力者にお願い事をしにいくことの比喩と思います。 In me the tiger sniffs the rose.→ 私の中のトラは バラの香りを嗅ぎます。 Look in my heart, kind friends, and tremble,→ やさしい友よ、私の心を覗き込み、そして震えてください、(下へ続く) Since there your elements assemble.→ そこに、あなたの要素が構成されていく様を。。。。→ 作者の心と同期して覗いた人にも同じような情景が形作られるのを分かってほしいとの気持ちと思います。 ※戦争を直接批判できない状況での悲しい最大限の反戦の意志かもしれませんがそれは本人でないと実際はわかりません。

関連するQ&A

• 小説と時制

参考書ふうの和訳をお願いします。対象は◎から下の英文です。 It is only superficially paradoxical that most novels about the future are narrated in the past tense. Michael Frayn's A Very Private Life (1968) starts in the future tense ("Once upon a time there will be a little girl called Uncumber") but he can't keep it up for long, and soon shifts into the present tense. ◎To enter into the imagined world of a novel we have to orientate ourselves in space and time with the characters, and the future tense makes that impossible. The past tense is "natural" for narrative; even the use of the present tense is somewhat paradoxical, since anything that has been written down has by inference already happened.  * David Lodge, The Art of Fiction

• 英文を訳して下さい

Time present and time past Are both perhaps present in time future And time future contained in time past. この英文を訳して下さい。お願いします。

• 英語の訳を助けてください。ケンカ別れした彼からのメールです。

英語の訳を助けてください。ケンカ別れした彼からのメールです。 ケンカ別れした彼からメールが来ました。 Lets put the past behind us and look forward to the future. この文章の解釈に自信が持てません。彼の未来には、やはり私は含まれないのでしょうか? 全体の大まかな流れも明記しておきます。 Miki, please except my apology. I will be going to parents house tomorrow morning and I want to put any negative things in my life behind me before I go. Lets put the past behind us and look forward to the future. My parents have dial up internet so I won't be able to check my emal often and then I will have no internet or use of my cell phone when I go to Michigan. I just want you to know this.... Please be happy and in good health.... あることでケンカになり、言い訳はしても謝罪をしない彼に私がキレたというのが、今までの経緯です。 どうぞ、英語の不出来な私を助けてください。よろしくお願いします

• この訳でいいですか

留学関連の提出書類で、動機を日本語と英語で書かなければいけないのですが、どなたか添削していただけませんでしょうか。 ------------------------------------------------- (日本語) 留学に応募した理由は主に3つあります。 ・将来国際的な活動をしたいので、色々な文化の人に触れて自分の生き方の参考にしたい。 ・将来英語を用いて、世界中の論文を読み、自らも発表できるようになるためアメリカの大学で勉強してその基礎を作りたい。 ・新しい環境に身を置いて自分の限界に挑戦していきたい。 ------------------------------------------------- (English) There are mainly three reasons for my application for this program. 1.To meet and exchange thoughts with people from various cultures. This experience whill help me to work internationally in the future. 2.To make myself proficient in English so that I'll be able to read theses from all over the world and also write some on my own. 3.To motivate myself and challenge the limits of my ability in a new environment. ------------------------------------------------- 以上です。よろしくお願いします。m(__)m

• 訳・文法をお願いします

But if thinking people are to have any part in shaping the literature of the present and the future, they should have a fuller understanding of it as a whole and of its past. 「しかし、もし思慮深い人々が、現在と未来の文学を形成する という点において、いくつかの部分を持っているのなら、 彼らは全体的に、ほぼその部分とその過去を理解しているはずだ。」 they should have~の訳が特にいまいちでした。 このandが結んでいるのはunderstanding of it and of its pastと いった形だと思うのですが、as a wholeは後ろのpastとは 無関係なのですか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の訳がわかりません

Regarding the talented Mary, Tom wrote to Smith in March that ‘thus, joyless and friendless, I should pass my days, did not Mary visit me now and again and turn on me a ray of those sweet days of the past’. なぜ did not の後に名前がきているのでしょうか? 英語に詳しい方、回答よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語論文の査読の回答について

論文の査読の回答について以下のような指摘を受けました。 Its better to modify the next points: 1-Written in the present form and not in the past tense form. 書き方が古くて堅苦しいということでしょうか。そうであれば最近の書き方とはどのようなものでしょうか?とはいえ、近年の論文には十分触れ合っているつもりです。研究分野による差もあるでしょうが、アドバイスを頂ければ助かります。よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳がわかりません。

As the Past Tense belongs to finite verb constructions only, the Perfect form does duty, in non-finite constructions , for both Past Tense and Perfect Aspect. の英訳がうまくできません。 特に、the perfect form does duty からわかりません。 このように訳すのでは?という情報や、このように訳すんだよという情報を、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英詩を和訳して下さい。

次の英詩を和訳して下さい。 何やら愛の迷いを歌っているようなのですが、よく分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。      The Flight Sara Teasdale Look back with longing eyes and know that I will follow, Lift me up in your love as a light wind lifts a swallow, Let our flight be far in sun or blowing rain -- *But what if I heard my first love calling me again?* Hold me on your heart as the brave sea holds the foam, Take me far away to the hills that hide your home; Peace shall thatch the roof and love shall latch the door -- *But what if I heard my first love calling me once more?*

• 過去を表す語句が「ない」のに、過去形にしてもいいのですか?

過去を表す語句が「ない」のに、過去形にしてもいいのですか? Is it all right to use the past tense ,even though the sentences have no words to describe the past ? 時制についてお聞きしたいことがありますが、よろしいでしょうか? I'd like to ask you about the past tense of English. Could you look at this ? Here is the sentence written in Japanese. and this is the model answer in English. I read in the newspaper that more and more people living in cities are becoming interested in gerdening. 都会に暮らす人の間で、ガーデニングが趣味だという人の数が増えてきている、という記事を新聞で読みました。 質問ですが、読みました、と書いてあるのに過去形の語句、yesterday などがないのに、過去形を書いていいのでしょうか? I'd like to ask a question, but is it all right to use the past tense , even though the sentences have no words to describe the past such as yesterday ? 誤字、脱字、または英文の誤りがあれば、遠慮なくご指摘ください。よろしくお願いします。