留学応募理由の添削依頼

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 留学に応募した理由は、将来国際的な活動をするために様々な文化に触れ、自己成長を図りたいからです。
  • また、英語を習得し、世界中の論文を読み自らも発表する能力を身につけたいと思っています。
  • さらに、新しい環境での挑戦を通じて自己成長を達成したいと考えています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この訳でいいですか

留学関連の提出書類で、動機を日本語と英語で書かなければいけないのですが、どなたか添削していただけませんでしょうか。 ------------------------------------------------- (日本語) 留学に応募した理由は主に3つあります。 ・将来国際的な活動をしたいので、色々な文化の人に触れて自分の生き方の参考にしたい。 ・将来英語を用いて、世界中の論文を読み、自らも発表できるようになるためアメリカの大学で勉強してその基礎を作りたい。 ・新しい環境に身を置いて自分の限界に挑戦していきたい。 ------------------------------------------------- (English) There are mainly three reasons for my application for this program. 1.To meet and exchange thoughts with people from various cultures. This experience whill help me to work internationally in the future. 2.To make myself proficient in English so that I'll be able to read theses from all over the world and also write some on my own. 3.To motivate myself and challenge the limits of my ability in a new environment. ------------------------------------------------- 以上です。よろしくお願いします。m(__)m

• yasuh
  • お礼率89% (26/29)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • boss715
  • ベストアンサー率50% (301/600)
回答No.1

翻訳をしています。以下、一文ずつ原文を元に添削します。 >留学に応募した理由は主に3つあります。 >There are mainly three reasons for my application for this program. ●There are mainly three reasons why I applied for the program. ●There are mainly three reasons for me to apply for the program. →reasons why~で(なぜ)~をした理由、たとえば: The reason why I decided to study abroad is ~ Five reasons why I think that I should buy a car are ~ どちらも「~」のあとにその理由がくるのですが、これは一般的な使われ方です。理由があってなぜそうなのかと言う理由を書くときに使いましょう。 >・将来国際的な活動をしたいので、色々な文化の人に触れて自分の生き方の参考にしたい。 >1.To meet and exchange thoughts with people from various cultures. This experience whill help me to work internationally in the future. ↑OKですね。 >・将来英語を用いて、世界中の論文を読み、自らも発表できるようになるためアメリカの大学で勉強してその基礎を作りたい。 >2.To make myself proficient in English so that I'll be able to read theses from all over the world and also write some on my own. ↑OKですね。 >・新しい環境に身を置いて自分の限界に挑戦していきたい。 >3.To motivate myself and challenge the limits of my ability in a new environment. ●原文でも意味は通じますが: To motivate myself to challenge the limits of my ability in a new environment. ↑挑戦する事にmotivate myselfだと思われるのでandをtoに代えたほうが、意味がまっすぐ伝わりますね。 十分な英語力を持っていますね。留学前からこれだけの英語力を持っていれば始めるに当たっては十分ですね。頑張ってください。

yasuh
質問者

お礼

返答どうもありがとうございました。とても参考になりました。まだ留学できるか分かりませんが、結果はどうであれできる限り頑張ります。英語に関しても、その他の勉強(特に専門の化学)に関してもまだまだ実力不足を痛感していますので、この夏休みで少しでも底上げができればなぁと思っています。

関連するQ&A

• 英文添削をお願いします。Vietnam

A;How did you learn English? B:Well,I practced my english myself by listning to the radio and watching movies,and besides,I would look at myself in a mirror and talk to myself thinking about what I wanted to say in Enlish every single day. I think it's the best way for me to study English becuse it nither costs me at all nor do I need to go to a language school(because it doesn't cost me or I need to go to a launguage school). I'd suggest English learners do the way I did. It's because they can start this for free! 宜しくお願いします。特に「加えて、そして」をand besidesとしたのですが(besidesの適当な使用方法か自信がありませんが)、というのも by listning to the radio and watching movies,and besides,I would look at myself in a mirror, and talking to myself thinking about what I wanted to say in Enlish ~.とすると分詞構文の thinking about what I wanted to say in Enlish ~.がtalking to myself に不明確になるのではないかと考えたからです。またI practced my english by myself とするとbyが後にも続き変かなと考えmyselfだけでかon my ownで独学でと表せると考えたのですが、そもそもby myselfと単にmyselfとの違い(両者とも同じ意味を持つ(by myselfは”一人で”との意味が強いようですが)基本強調しなければmyselfだけでも良いのでしょうか?そして最後にandに近い多用される接続詞を教えて頂ければ幸いです。

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

(1) I actually had this in my hand and put it back. Wishing I hadn’t. My literary crush is bad boy Ash Farrell from The Second Coming of Lucy Hatch by Marsha Myer. (2) Thank you a lot for providing individuals with remarkably memorable possiblity to discover important secrets from this site. It is always very fantastic plus jam-packed with fun for me personally and my office friends to search the blog at a minimum three times in a week to see the newest tips you will have. Not to mention, we’re certainly pleased with the magnificent methods served by you. Selected 4 points in this posting are definitely the most suitable we have had. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

A major problem for the Bulgarians was that their army and resources were stretched to the limits from Dobruja to Macedonia and Albania. In this difficult situation the Bulgarian high command turned to its German allies. The Germans themselves had little reinforcements to offer as the Brusilov Offensive had taken its toll and the Battle of the Somme was still raging. They turned to the Ottoman Empire and convinced Enver Pasha to send the 11,979 men of the 50th Division to Macedonia.

• 訳を教えてください

Two weeks ago I attended a holiday party with my boyfriend and his family. We’ve been together for three years, and since we moved to his hometown, I’ve gotten to know his parents and sisters better. I forgot about new medication I was taking, had a few drinks, and became drunker than I have ever been in my life. (Counting this event, I’ve only been drunk three times, so it’s extremely out of character for me.) I now know that I did something so horrible at the party that my boyfriend broke up with me via text and told me he has no interest in speaking to me ever again. I’m devastated. My now ex-boyfriend is the sweetest man I know, so I had to have done something cruel for him to do this. I had to have done something cruel for him to do thisの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の添削をお願いします。

この訳は友達がしたものなので翻訳サイトなどを使った可能性があるので判断していただけるとありがたいです。 できれば添削もお願いします。 私は去年もこの短期留学に参加しました。でも去年はただ遊んでいるだけでした。 今年は自分の英語の力を上げたいと思い、今回の短期留学に参加したいと思いました。 私はオーストラリアの人3人と今もメールのやりとりを行っています。 去年の経験を生かし、今年はリーダーシップをとって頑張りたいと思います。 I participated in this studying abroad for short time last year. However, it had only played last year. It wanted to raise my English power, and I wanted to participate in this studying abroad for short time this year. よろしくお願いします。

• 訳がわかりません;;

訳がわかりません;; どなたか訳をしていただけないでしょうか>< 翻訳機だと上手く出来なくて困っています; お願いいたします。 how are things up there?^^ I'd love to be your pen pal cause Ive never met anybody from japan! it would be soo greatXD and in fact Im in love with japanese culture for as long as I can remember! lol My name´s Leyre Im 16 years old ( Im from 93 generation:Dor pokemon´s generation?XD) and I live in Zaragoza(wow so u live in Japan ? I´d change you anytime cause my uncle was in kyoto with an schoolarship when he was student and he brough me lots of photos from itt 2001with his host family and the city! it was extra cool) thats on the northeast side of spain and is the 5 largest city in the country you know...all is full shops and historical cities but...you know its all cement!:D and saldy we havent got beach:( lol anyway I live here with my family and my 2 cats Freddy(who could be die or alive and you wouldnt enver notice the difference:just to eat and to sleep) and Elvis My hobbies are:Listening to music(wht r your favorite bands?), hanging out with my friends,writting(letters, Stories,Diaries...) of curse exchanging letters and littel gifts!, reading(Harry Potter! but of curse there are much books as twilight saga! I have just read twilight and new moon but 1 friend is going to borrrow me eclipse it looks good! ), Manga!!drawing, cooking,computers, swimming and playing Hockey! sorry my poor english also ! actually I have been studying it eh..(u can freak) for 10 years and I still dont dominate it! I´ll do my best:D how do you say "I love you" in japanese ? I really cant wait to hear from u soon!!

• 英文履歴書・カバーレターの添削をお願いします。

外資系の航空会社に履歴書を送ろうと思っているのですが、 英文履歴書、カバーレターを書くのが初めてで、慣れていません。 カバーレターを送りたいのですが、添削お願いいたします。 カバーレター Dear Hiring Manager I am writing in response to your advertisement in the employment on web site 20th of January. I would like to apply for the position of ---- and I believe that my experiences of study abroad, international activities and my curiosity of world are appropriate for this position. My experience as an English instructor made me realized the plesure of trying to do something for someone. I learnt the importance of looking from the other person’s viewpoint and get what they really want. I strived to offer impressive experiences of speaking English to students. I also actively participate and work out projects in International Volunteer. These improve that I am suitable for such work as providing the best service to the customers. I look foward to hearing from you soon and meet you at an interview. Thank you for your attention to my resume. Your faithfully, 高校時代の留学経験や、英会話講師のアルバイト経験などをアピールしたいと思っています。

• 訳お願いします!

I have seen improvement from yoyo this semester. She has gained in confidence and has been trying out new vocabulary each week. If she continues this her English will get avan better.

• 訳を教えてください!

Remember, I am not recording the vision of a madman. What I affirm is true: after days and nights of labour and fatigue, I succeeded in discovering the cause of generation and life. More! I became myself capable of giving life to inanimate matter! What had been the study and desire of the most learned men since the creation of the world was now within my power! 【But do not think, my friend, that I am going to communicate this secret to you. Listen patiently to my story and learn from my example how dangerous is such knowledge, and how much happier is that man who believes his village to be the world than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow.】 この【】内の文章の訳し方がまったくわかりません。わかる方訳を教えてください。お願いします!!ちなみに途中まで訳したのは以下のとおりです。 しかし、考えないでください。そして、私はこの秘密を友人に伝えるつもりです。 そして私の話を辛抱強く聞いて、このような危険な例から学ぶのはこのような知識です。

• お願い!チェックして下さい><

英語の面接で自己紹介する事になりました。しかし、実際話す英語はご無沙汰で・・全く 自分をアピールする語彙が乏しく自信が全くありません>< 下記の事を話そうと思ってるのですが、殆ど文脈が合って無いと思うので、どなたか添削して下さる方に助けて頂きたく・・・がっちり指摘して欲しいです。お願いします!! "I'm going to introduce my self from now. My name is ***. I'm @@years old. I live in ** ward, 都市名. I've been teaching English conversation to Japanese kids and students for about ** years. Had thinking of my future of teaching, I decided to apply for this job because I would like to make full use of my experience and interest in teaching English to children to help them meet their new selves. Thank you very much for your attention."