疑問文の主語動詞位置とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 疑問文の主語動詞位置について疑問が生じることがあります。
  • アメリカのホームドラマでの会話を例に説明します。
  • 男性のセリフでの「What would my opening line be?」の文法的な特徴について解説します。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

疑問文の時の主語動詞の位置

アメリカのホームドラマで以下のようなせりふがあります。 man: She's amasing! female friend: Well, go over to her! She's not with anyone! man: What would my opening line be? female friend: Oh, c'mon. She's a person. You can do it! この男性のセリフで、自分だったら、What would BE my opening line? と言ってしまいそうですが、どうしてBEが文末にくるんでしょうか? 例えば、Would you want to have some coffee? って言いますよね?語の順番の違いがよくわかりません。

• jasu
  • お礼率40% (188/466)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

SVO の場合,S と O を入れ替えると関係が逆になります。 受動態にすればいいですが。 Would you want to have some coffee? の場合の you と coffee の順番はそうです。 SVC の場合,S = C であり,逆になっても意味が変わらないこともあります。 what という疑問詞を使うと,疑問詞の方が前に出ますので, どちらが主語でどちらが補語(C)なのかが判断しにくい場合があります。 What is my opening line? 「私の最初の一言は何ですか」my opening line が主語で,what は補語 「何が私の最初の一言ですか」what が主語 is だとどちらかわかりませんが,would be になると,違いがでてきます。 What would my opening line be? What would be my opening line? 「何が~なのだろうか」なら what would be ~? 「~は何だろうか」なら what would ~ be? あと,be 動詞の疑問文は主語との入れ替えが基本ですが, 助動詞が絡むとそちらが優先し,助動詞と主語の入れ替えで疑問文となります。 まあ,原形 be は特殊です。 (will not be であり,will be not ではない)

その他の回答 (2)

noname#142463
noname#142463
回答No.3

whatとmy opening lineのどちらを主語と考えるかの違いだけです。

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.1

>What would my opening line be?  これが平叙文であれば、My opening line would be [最初の一言].ですね。 >What would be my opening line?  これが平叙文であると、今度は、[最初の一言] would be my opening line.ということになります。  最初に言うべき言葉が思いつかないということは同じですが、それを目的語としてイメージするか、主語としてイメージするかで二通りあるわけです。  意味は同じですから、どちらでもいいのですけど、たとえば、上の疑問文例だと「最初に言うことはだな、あれ何だろ?」と思って口走った感じ、下の疑問文例だと「何になるかな、話の切り出しは?」と思った場合に言うとか、なんでしょうね。  どちらも成り立ち、どちらが選ばれるかは、その時の話し手の思考の流れ次第なのでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• 助動詞、be動詞について教えてください。

(1)She may be my friend. とあるのですが、私は感覚で「彼女は私の友達かもしれません」と訳しました。 しかしこれは「彼女は私の友達になるのかもしれない」と訳すことはないのでしょうか。少し不自然ではありますが…。 「be」には「~になる」という意味(=become)もあると思っているのですが、使い方があるのでしょうか。 (2)His story can be true. これはどう訳すのが自然でしょうか。 「彼の話は真実だということがありえる」? 以上、文法的に説明していただければ嬉しいです。 基本的なことばかりだと思うのですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 疑問文

(1) Why give rise to property, where there can not possibly be any injury? (2) Why call this object mine, when upon the sezing of it by another, I need but stretch out my hand to possess myself to what is equally valuable? (3) For what purpose make a partition of goods, where every one has already more than enough? (1)は Why does anyone rise to property, where....となり、 (2)も同じように Why does anyone call this objectmine, when.... (3)も同じようにFor what purpose does anyone make.... となるはず のものを省略したものだと思うのですが、なぜ省略されているのでし ょうか?それとも、このような形の文がもともと存在するのでしょうか? 出典は、ヒュームの「人性論―正義について」です。

• 助動詞

(1)多分彼女は今図書館にいない She will be in the library now. (2)息子はわたしの言うことをどうしても聞こうとしませんでした My son woun't listen to me. (3)母はいつも日曜日にピザをつくってくれました My mother would always make pizzas on Sundays. (4)子供の頃ここに大きな桜の木がありました。 There would be a big cherry tree here when I was a shild. あっているか あどばいすおねがいします。

• What would you be thinking?

(1) Q:What would you be thinking?   A:I would be thinking"直接話法” (2) Q:What would you think?   A:I would do "直接話法” (3) Q:What would you have thought?   A:I would have said "直接話法” 答えかたは正しいでしょうか? would のあとの時制が違うとどのように訳のニュアンスがかわるのでしょうか? どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• Whatの訳しかた。

What would you take a visitor to your hometown to see? という文なんですけど、これは平常文に直すと You would take a visitor to what of your hometown to see. になりますか? ちょっと違和感があります。 またこの文は間違えですか? You would take a visitor to in part of the place of your hometown to see. または You would a visitor to where of your hometown. このWhat would you take~のwhat はどこにかかってどんな働きをしているんでしょうか? お願いします。

• フレンズこの1文!from 1-17

以下の(2)つの箇所がわかりません。 (1)wouldn't you guys? (2)you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit. ご教示願います。 ■シチュエーション ジョーイはフィービーの双子の姉であるアースラの誕生日にアースラとデートに行くと言っています。 もちろん、フィービーもその日は誕生日。フィービーとジョーイはお友達ですが、フィービーとアースラは犬猿の仲。 CHANDLER: There it is! So what're you gonna do? JOEY: What can I do? Look, I don't want to do anything to screw it up with Ursula. CHANDLER: And your friend Phoebe? JOEY: Well, if she's my friend, hopefully she'll understand. I mean, wouldn't you guys? CHANDLER: Man if you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit.

• 英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇  Once I've got a friend, I'll be careful not to presume on him or her. That we might be " bothering" someone is an everlasting concern of Americans, even among good friends. " Irish people live in each other's pockets," said one woman ." It's completely different here. You keep your distance." I will be very hesitant to ask friends for favors- one of my attractions as a friend is that I am not demanding. If I were, my prospective friends would be likely to back off. Neediness scares people. Rather than having to refuse a request, we prefer to have friends we can trust to make their requests rare and reasonable. We ourselves do not wish to be indebted to anyone else. We like reciprocal arrangements because they keep the scales balanced. This week I drive my friend to the airport; next week she drives me. A Chinese woman said that she tried to join a childcare cooperative, but she found the system so complex (to make sure that no one person did more than anyone else) that it drove her crazy

• 日本語訳してください!あなたは中国人ですか?ときき

Nope, but all my friends just know me by Cherry Chau. I got the name Chau cause of my brother's girlfriend. She is haft Chinese. On my first year of high school she went on my computer and changed my family name to her family name, Chau. She thought it would be funny because my name is Cherry and her name is Sherry.

• 嫌な文を貰いました

奇妙なメールを貰ったのですが自分なりに訳しましたがきちんと訳せません。この文を書いたのが本当に知り合いの彼なのかどうかは分りませんがこれです。教えて下さい You call me baby and all that other stuff but I don't really get why you say those things when you have never held my hand, kissed my lips or even hugged me! And I am so confused at times! DO you want to be my girlfriend because I can't tell! I know you said that you live in @@@. and I look at @@@ every day from my boat! It isn't far at all! In matter of fact, it isn't more than an hour a way! So I am wondering what is going to happen when I get back on the 14th! What can you tell me! Can you give me an explanation or an answer??? Please don't get mad at me for feeling like this but how would you feel if you have been talking to someone for a little while. And you are new to there country, and you are all they think about but you have never seen that person or never held that person or never even eaten dinner with that person. But every day they call you BABY! You would want to know what's going on, RIGHT? You would think is this person playing with your emotions! This person must be a PLAYER or a PIMP!! Can you email with an answer today at least! That is all I ask!!! And you got a car too! A drive from @@@ isn't far either!! Come on now,

• 英語がご堪能な方FBコメントの英文添削/長文

FBコメントの英文添削をお願いします。掲載した写真を見て、My friend がコメントしてくれました。My answerの英文を添削してください。どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。 ・娘が骸骨の人形と一緒に写っている写真を見て My friend: Wasn't she afraid ? she's really a female version of your hubby. My answer: No, she wasn’t afraid because she still doesn’t know a skeleton. Most of my friends who know my hubby say the same thing as you, but my parents and sisters say she looks like me than my husband. 訳)いいえ、彼女は未だ骸骨を知らないので怖がりませんでした。主人を知ってる友達の殆どは、娘は主人にとあなたと同じような事を言いますが、私の両親と妹たちだけは、私似と言ってくれます。 ・私が娘を(抱っこ紐を使って)抱っこしている写真を見て My friend: Does she like to be carried that way? when xxx was at her age, she hated it... My answer: Yes, she does. She can sleep more easily when she is carried that way than she is in her stroller. 訳)はい。彼女はこの方法で抱っこされている時、ベビーカーで寝ているときよりも簡単に寝てくれます。 どうも有り難うございました。英語の勉強、頑張ります!