ウィキリークス代表のインタビュー内容を要約

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 60 minutesでのJulian Assange(ウィキリークス代表)のインタビューを訳し、日本語の意訳の可能性があるかを添削してほしい。
  • インタビューでは、ウィキリークスの情報リークについての議論が行われており、他の出版社にも勇敢に情報を出版する勇気を与える可能性がある。
  • 最後の台詞の訳に自信がなく、なぜ「That's encourage」ではないのか疑問に思っている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

練習で翻訳してみたので、添削お願いできますか?

CBS 『60 minutes』にて Julian Assange(ウィキリークス代表)のインタビューを 訳してみました。聞き手はベテラン記者のSteve Kroft です。日本語としては悪くないと 思うのですが、自分勝手な意訳の可能性大なので、チェックしてもらえると ありがたいです。ここでは情報をリークした米兵逮捕の件について話しています。 encourage を上手く扱えたかどうか‥。よろしくお願いします。 Kroft : Did you encourage anyone to leak this material to you?    Or have you done anything in connection with the U.S. cases    in terms of encouraging an individual to provide you with material?    :今回の情報を君に漏らすよう誰かに働きかけた事はあるかい?     もしくは君に情報を提供するよう個人に働きかけたという意味で、     今回の米兵の事件に何か関係している? Assange : No, never.  :いいや、まったくない。 Kroft : There are people that believe that it has everything to do with the next threat. That if they don't come after you now that what they have done is essentially endorsed small, powerful organization with access to very powerful information releasing it outside their control. And if they let you get away it, then they are encouraging... :次のような恐れを本気で抱く人々もいる。今のうちに君を捕らえないと、   自分達の統制外の所で重大な情報を流す手段を持つ、小さいが強力な組織に よって、過去の行為を基本的に認めざるをえなくなる。もし君を逃がしたら、   そしたら彼らは働きかける・・・。  (この辺の訳は自信無し) Assange : Then what? They will have to have freedom of the press?     :そしたら何?彼らは報道機関の自由を許さなければならなくなる?            (ここは皮肉混じりと思い翻訳) Kroft : That it's encouragement to you... :それは君にとっては励みになるね・・・ Assange : And? And? :で?それで? Kroft : ...or to some other organization?  :・・・もしくは他の組織にとっても? Assange : And to every other publisher. Absolutely correct.      It will be encouragement to every other publisher to publish fearlessly.       That's what it will encourage.       :他の全ての出版社にとっても。間違いないね。何の恐れもなく出版できる事は       全ての出版社にとって励みになるだろう。それこそが励ますということだ。       最後の台詞は全く自信がないです。根拠のない訳です‥。       なぜ、That's encourage ではないんでしょう‥?       

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

こんにちは。 難しい文章ですね^^; 最初の部分は特に問題ないと思います。 次の There are people...のところですが、ここは 「それが次の脅威に密接に関わっていると信じている人々もいる。 つまり、アメリカ政府が今あなたを追及してこないなら、アメリカ政府が やっていることは本質的に、小さい強力な組織に非常に強力な情報への アクセスを与え、それを政府の統制の及ばないところで公開することを 認めたことになるんだ、と(信じる人もいる)。もし、アメリカ政府が あなたを取り逃がしたら、それは政府が(機密情報の公開という行為を) 助長していることになる・・・。」 という感じではないでしょうか。インタビューの前の部分を読むと、ここで 問題になっているのは、ニューヨークタイムズなども機密情報を公開したり しているので、アメリカ政府としてはウィキリークスのやっていることだけを 取り上げて問題視することはできない、ということですよね。 そういう前提で、Kroft氏は、機密情報を公開することによる国防上の 脅威を心配するアメリカ国民の立場を代弁し、Assange氏は報道の自由を 盾にウィキリークスの活動を正当化しているんだと思います。 そのあとの部分も、概ね問題ないと思います。 「だとしたら何?報道機関の自由を許さねばならなくなる?」 「活動の励みになるでしょうね、あなたにとっては・・・」 「僕だけ?他には?」 「他の組織にとっても・・・?」 「他のすべての出版者にとってもだ。まさにその通り。他のあらゆる出版者が 恐れを知らずに(機密情報を)公開する動きを助長するだろう。」 最後の一文ですが、これはその直前の文章を言い換えただけだと思います。 That is what (=the thing which) it will encourage. That が指しているのは、「他のあらゆる出版者が恐れを知らずに機密情報を 公開すること」、it は「アメリカ政府がウィキリークスやAssange氏を追及 できない状況」を示していると思います。(It will be encouragmentの Itも同じです)。 ですから、訳としては、「この状況が助長するのは、正にそういうことなんだ」 とでもすればいいと思います。

masacla
質問者

お礼

丁寧な添削ありがとうございます! 投稿後、こんな文章誰もわざわざ読みたくないよな、と恥ずかしくなり、 回答は期待していませんでしたから、とても嬉しいです。感謝しています。 訳といい、説明といい、とても勉強になりました。全文お聞きしたいところです(笑)。  まだ趣味の独学なので、興味のある人やニュースを レベルも考えず見聞きしている状況ですが、より意欲が湧いてきました。  お付き合い下さり本当にありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします

Sure I will do that for you but you have to realize there are other people in line right now waiting for me to make there heat sinks and other machined items, so it's not going to happen over night. Once I order the SAIK host it will be several weeks before it even gets here so it could be as much as 4-5 weeks before I can start on you copper heat sink. Of course there will be shipping from me to you, I don't pay to ship other peoples items to them. I would think the shipping will be approx $12.00 but I will only charge you the exact shipping cost after I weight the package. There will also be paypal fees they should be around $4.00 if all you are getting is the host and the heat sink. You could send the $90.00 now and that way I will get the SAIK ordered and your name written in my work log so that you are in line. And then when your SAIK arrives I will make the heat sink and you can decide if you need any other items and also get the balance payed at that time. Let me know so I can get it ordered

• 翻訳して下さい

Hello! I am Miss Nancy! how are you doing today,i hope that all is well with you and your faimly and other peoples, i hope that they are all fine in good condition of health, hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.I went through your profile and i read it and took intersest in it,if you don't mind i will like you to write to me on this my ID (nancy〇〇〇〇@yahoo.com) Hoping to hear from you soon, I will be waiting for your mail because i have something VERY important to tell you. Lots of love Nancy! 突然来たmailです。どなたか翻訳お願いします

• 翻訳して下さい

Hello! I am Miss Nancy! how are you doing today,i hope that all is well with you and your faimly and other peoples, i hope that they are all fine in good condition of health, hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.I went through your profile and i read it and took intersest in it,if you don't mind i will like you to write to me on this my ID (nancy〇〇〇〇@yahoo.com) Hoping to hear from you soon, I will be waiting for your mail because i have something VERY important to tell you. Lots of love Nancy! 突然来たmailです。どなたか翻訳お願いします

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I care so much about you I care about you more than I can say. And that caring and that feeling have a meaning that is more precious and more special to me than I can explain. But let me try to tell you this... Stying ''I care'' means that I will always do everything I can to understand. It means that I will never hurt you. It means that you can trust me. It means that you can tell me. What's wrong. It means that I will try to fix what I can,that I will listen When you need me to hear,and that ~even in your most difficult moment ~all you have to do is say tha word,and your hand and my hand will not be apart. It means that whenever you speak to me,whether words are spoken through a smile or theouge a tear... I will listen with my heart. I do care about you... In a very special wey. メッセージカードの柄としてあったので気になりました。お願いします

• 翻訳をお願いします!

日本語に訳していただけませんか? 宜しくお願いします。 Neptune can cause secret plots and conspiracies against you. Especially in family It could be that his family may try to turn him against you. Conspiracies in love and romantic matters. These made behind your back by others. You need to be careful whom to trust, and to beware of what goes on around you. Inwardly you may sense this, sense something going on, and live in dread of some vague unknown danger. But there will be two sides to his family character. They may pretend to be one kind of person but will be the exact opposite in private. With this Neptune aspect things will be confusing, but you must have faith in fate. This relationship will be characterized by peculiar circumstances, and experiences, that you will seem to have no option but to submit to and accept. But All things work together for the good. It is difficult to believe this sometimes. But maintain confidence in this belief, that all things will conspire in the end to the good, and also know that you can influence the same, towards a desired end.

• 翻訳お願いします

Your saik will be in Japan tommrorw. I went to the post office and they told me this Here is the Tracking number that i made a mistake the first time and gave you the wrong one. THey told me it was at customs for 44 days.! Just like what happens before with those X Drivers. Remeber.! It got stuck at customs. THis is the huge delay my friend. This si what has been holding them out. They have gotton realeased today and should be in Japan tommrorw.

• どなたか翻訳をお願いします。

翻訳機で訳したのですが、単語が間違っているのかよくわからない単語が出てきます。もしわかる方がいらっしゃいましたら日本語訳をお願いします。 People sometimes want to know if they could have met this before. If they have met in the past, or in childhood, or if he associated with the family, friends or neighbourhood or is a total stranger. There is an ancient system of astrology, which I have not yet fully tested It has to do with the houses that the ruling planet of the seventh house falls in. Whether it is a cadent house, i. e. falling off the angles of the chart, or a Succeeded house, Angular house and so on. The ruling planet is Angular. This shows that you have not met before. But that you will feel an affinity with the place or land he comes from when you go there. The place will make an instant impression on you, whether wonderful or terrible, it will be an instant reaction, that leave an impression, you will feel yourself to be at the centre of everything that is happening there. The place will make you more aware of yourself. People will seem to notice you. And it will be easy to enter into the relationship

• 翻訳お願いします。

As stockton continues his training with the larger suitcases, he is once again successful. “What have you got? Have you got something, Stockton?”asks Heldt when Stockton sits down on the bag. “Good boy! You found it! You found the meat! That's a good boy!” Things do not always go so smoothly for Stockton, though. On the next series of tests, he makes a few errors. He lies down when he is supposed to sit. On another test, he gets too far ahead and pulls away from Heldt until Heldt finally has to remind him, “Where are you going? Wait for me!” He then jokingly says to the dog,“You've got to work with me. I'm your partner,remember? All the while though, Heldt continues to laugh and encourage Stockton. Even though it is serious work, it always has to be fun for the animal. So what does it take to be a detector dog? Heldt explains the qualities that these talented dogs require, “Obviously, number one, they have to be great with people and children, because when we work them in the airports, that's what we're working with-the public coming from foreign countries.” He then continues to explain what helps to train a good detector dog,“They've got to have a really good food drive because they work for food.” He then adds jokingly,“Anybody who has a beagle knows they love food. Even after they eat a big dinner, they're still ready to eat some more.”

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 多分ですが・・・かなり抽象的な原文だと想像しますので、 がっつり意訳でかまいません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 This brings me to the end of your soul mate four. I hope you liked the reading, it may puzzle you with its mystery. or it may make you melancholy, longing for a different fate and set of circumstance, or joyous, parts of it will seem idiosyncratic and make you laugh, for it collects its wisdom from many antiquated methods. But whatever else it does somewhere it will speak to your soul. It will tell you that life is never a lonely road. If you are familiar with my work, you will know that this reading is unique. When you think you have met him, try to find out his birth date so that if you need to you can have your chart compared with his. This is called a synastry reading,

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Ultimately it's likely that eventually they will perform, possibly as “STP” with what they hope is a famous lead singer that they can plug in that will do a good job with the material and allow them to continue the legacy by adding new material.