• ベストアンサー

このflash って日本語でどういう意味ですか!?

GP: Good. And your diet’s reasonable? Lewis: Um, it’s reasonable. It’s not … not flash.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

こんにちは。 GP(General Practitioner)ってことは、お医者さまとの会話ですよね。 flashには、派手な、モダンな、おしゃれな、というような意味があります ので、 GP:いいですね。それで、食生活はちゃんとしてますか? ルイス:まぁ、ちゃんととしてますね。派手ではありません。 という感じだろうと思います。 つまり毎日外食とかではなくって、普通の家庭料理を食べているということ じゃないでしょうか。

nekosan558
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。 GPはそうです。町医者と患者の会話で医者が 患者にdietについて問診してるところです。 よく見てみれば状況がわからないと。 訳しにくいですね。 ちなみ以下にもうちょっと前後の会話を載せてみました。 ぱっとしない。とか派手でない、って日本語がしっくり来る感じですね。 Now look at question eleven. Take notes on Lewis’s answers to follow-up questions and the doctor’s response. GP: Is there any other things that you’re worried about? Anything that’s been a problem? Lewis: Um no, that’s pretty much it at the moment. I’ve been in pretty good health apart from that. GP: Right, and your weight hasn’t changed at all, or … Lewis: No, nothing really like that. I’ve still been tryin’a keep active. GP: Good. And your diet’s reasonable? Lewis: Um, it’s reasonable. It’s not … not flash. GP: Right. Um, how about things like drinking alcohol and smoking? Lewis: Um, I don’t smoke and … I drink a fair bit … so, I … I work at a liquor store and it’s easily available.

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

No.3 です。補足を見ました。 この英文は、どうやらイギリス英語の試験問題から出されたもののようですね。’flash’ には「思いつき」の意味もありますが、ここでは 'flashy' と同義で「人目をひく」といった意味合いです。 また、’diet’ は文脈がない状態では「ダイエット」だと最初は思いましたが、ここでは前後から「日々の食事・普段の食生活」の意味で使われています。 というわけで、意味はこうなります。 医師:で、食事はちゃんと摂っていますか? ルイス:そうですねぇ、ちゃんと摂っていると思います。とくに変った食生活ではありません。 より正確に説明すると、イギリス英語では ‘flash’ には「量が多くて、あるいは値段が高くて人目をひくような」という意味があります。

nekosan558
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

回答No.3

医師:結構です。で、ダイエットもちゃんと計画的にやっているまともなダイエットですか? ルイス:そうですねぇ、まともですよ。あのー、思いつきでやってるわけじゃないです。 flash:(名詞)ぱっとひらめいた思いつき、ゆきあたりばったりの気まぐれな考え

回答No.1

Flash=即効性 が無いという文章になるのでは?

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文を日本語にしてください。

Will I? Um. I'm sorry but I'm not really looking for a meet in person. But there are car rentals for cheep and good. And there's guides. Tours of big city's. And for the little ones every one is really welcoming. Will I? Um. とありますが、これはもしかすると文章を作った人の間違えかもしれないです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に訳してください!!お願いします!

日本語に訳してください!!お願いします! online etiquette is often called 'netiquette'. there are some rules for communicating with people on the internet. first,you should always remember that you are sending message to a real person,not to a computer. don't type anything that you wouldn't say to someone's face. also,remember that the person who gets your message cannot hear your voice, or see your face, so make sure your meaning is clear. don't do anything online that you don't do in real life. don't take anything without paying for it, if it's not free. don't use information that someone else has written, and say it's yours. don't read other people's e-mail. do share your knowledge of the internet with others. people judge you by your words, so try bto write well. good writing skills are important. send polite e-mail messages to people. if you're not sure about how to spell a word, use your dictionaries. there are lots of helpful books and websites, too. it's good to talk online in chat rooms or message boards, but don't start discussions with people. say what you think, but never fight online or offline. when you're online, just as in 'real'life, try to think about other people's time and feelings. remember, you're not the only one traveling on this world!

• 意味のわかる日本語にして下さい

(すみませんが翻訳機からの丸写し回答は求めてないです。よろしくお願いします。) ↓ Don't think so much it's a bit sad. I'm looking for my girl and I would like to have a sweet Asian girl for me such as one as you are but it's really hard if you not even speak English. How comes you not speak everybody does learn it at school!? I don't know we can manage it.. What are you doing in your life?

• 日本語訳お願いします。

日本語訳をお願いします。 Well it's good to hear that you want to improvement, and hey it only gets better from here. I do wish that you would upload more cause your art is already quite recognizably good and I would love to see what else you may have up your sleeves! OwO よろしくお願いします。

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

Pick up your own clutter. It’s not your old bachelor pad. It’s not that she’s changed you, it’s just that you’re married and it’s her house now.

• この英文を日本語に訳して頂きたいです

この英文を日本語に訳して頂きたいです I could understand and accept your down down down emotion. At the meantime, to be a good listener is reasonable as well, also encourage you, cheer you up. These are the things I can do from my side. However, the logic like " I'm down down down, I don't wanna do anything, I can hear nothing" is not an acceptable reason or excuse for me. It was not all your fault, I have also reflected on myself. The mistakes that I said yesterday, I don't know the other 20 years old young people's look like, what are they thinking and doing. But I was expected you could act as an adult. For now, it seems my expectations and requirements of you were too high, it is my fault. My apologies なんとなくはわかるのですが、意味を間違えたくないので教えて頂けたら幸いです

• 至急!!英文をわかりやすい日本語にしてください。

I want to know why it's so hard when you are not Japanese to be accepted like a human before gaijin ? And I want to know what are you doing when you go out with your friends. If it's like in manga or its completely different. And what about relationship between boys and girls ? I think it's enough for this e-mail . see you later

• 日本語に訳してください。

下記内容のメールが届きました。 何となくは分かるのですが、詳しく訳してください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 原文のままです。 Hi ,, I'm doing good thank s , ohh yeah spring this year is coming late , we have more snow and cold all week , so I guess no spring this time . Lolll . Enjoy your time then and worm weather . You lucky... For us we have to wait for the summer to got worm our body's. Take care of your self.

• in times の意味

「体調が悪いのに明日仕事を休まないつもり?」と英語で聞かれて 「やることがあるから休まない。なぜなら私は日本人だから」という会話をしていました。 その返事が Yep. You and your Japanese work ethic. It's good. But it's bad in times like when you're sick. in times の意味を教えてください。

• 日本語訳を!(15)

お願いします (1) Imagine your father owned the richest and most powerful country in the world. Not just rain it, owned it. It wasn't only the land that belonged to him, but also all the gold and grain in the treasury. He owned every brick in every building and every cow on every farm. The people and all that they owned were his as well. All of it one day would be passed down―but not to you, to your older brother. Since birth, he had been in training for the job while you watched from the sidelines. Tutors and generals and government overseers prepared your older brother for the day when he would take the reins. Your father, the king, and your mother, the queen, focused their attentions on your older brother, fussing over his every move, while you went unnoticed. That was life for Amenhotep IV, the second son of Amenhotep III. (2) Getting the lion's share of attention wasn't all good. You both learned to read and write, but when your brother was struggling with the language of diplomats, you could swish your damp brush in the ink cake and practice your penmanship on sayings like, "Report a thing observed, not heard." You both learned to drive a chariot, but while your brother had to practice looking regal, you could flush grouse out of the papyrus patch. The vizier grilled him on how each department in the government worked while you grilled the grouse. (3) When Amenhotep IV was a young boy, Egypt was...well, simply fabulous. The mid-1300s BCE was the golden age―literally. Gold flowed in from the Nubian mines so steadily that envious foreign leaders peevishly observed, "in my brother's country gold is as plentiful as dirt."