• ベストアンサー

in times の意味

「体調が悪いのに明日仕事を休まないつもり?」と英語で聞かれて 「やることがあるから休まない。なぜなら私は日本人だから」という会話をしていました。 その返事が Yep. You and your Japanese work ethic. It's good. But it's bad in times like when you're sick. in times の意味を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数12

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

「体調が悪いときのような時には」という意味になります。  単に「~(の時間)に」という前置詞に times がついているだけだと思います。

runbini
質問者

お礼

なるほど、わかりました。in は「~(の時間)に」なんですね。前置詞は難しいです。

その他の回答 (4)

• FINDRUNK
  • ベストアンサー率30% (54/178)
回答No.5

この文脈から離れれば、「時代」というのはあるのですが、上記文はの訳は、「でも病気のときなんかはよくないよね」です。 In times like=時なんか。 ここでの「Like」は、スラングの使い方で、たとえばというようなニュアンスがあり、日本語では、「XXてき」のようなものです。

runbini
質問者

お礼

like が付くと「XXてき」になってそれはスラングというわけですね。スラングだとは知りませんでした。

noname#12257
noname#12257
回答No.4

in times のtime は、「とある期間」をあらわしています。 NO.3の回答者さんの例のように、それは、「時代」、という大きな期間であるときもあります。訳し方は、「~の時には」、または、「~の期間には」でいいと思います。 このような例もあります。 In times of crisis you find out who your real friends are.  危機の時には、だれが君の本当の友達か分かるものだ。

runbini
質問者

お礼

time の表す幅がわかりました。in time で一塊でよかったんですね。下の例文はin times の後に when ではなくて of がついていますね。

回答No.3

素直に「~のようなときに」の解釈でよいと思いますが…。 「病気のようなときにやらなくっちゃと頑張るのは間違いだよ。」というくらいの意味でしょう。 下記にスペースアルクの事例を添付します。 In times like these when big banks and life insurance companies sometimes go bankrupt, there is only one absolutely safe place to put your money: the piggy bank. 都市銀も生保もあっさりつぶれるようなこの時代、こんなときでも絶対に裏切らないのが、この子ブタちゃんの貯金箱です。

runbini
質問者

お礼

In times like these と言われれば意味がわかったと思います。文全体では何を言っているかわかっても、in times だけ見ると in という前置詞は私にとって難しいです。

runbini
質問者

補足

when 以降は times にかかっているので、in times が一塊ではなくて、in の次に times when が来ているのですよね。時々英文のどこが一塊かわからなくなります。それにしても前置詞は冠詞に次いで難しいです。

• harukamei
  • ベストアンサー率32% (30/93)
回答No.1

「やがて」とか「そのうちに」ではないでしょうか。

runbini
質問者

補足

「やがて」とか「そのうちに」という意味だとすると和訳はどうなるのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• For good times and bad times, のFor

For good times and bad times, のFor  このあとにI'll be on your side foerver more.と続きます(洋楽歌詞です)  ~なときでもで、in が自然に思えたのですがfor だとどういうニュアンスに  なるのですか?  また、forever と forever more の違いは・・  どなたか教えてください。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

You're the devil in me I brought in from the cold You said your body was young but your mind was very old You're coming on strong and I like the way The visions we had have faded away You're part of a life I've never had I'll tell you now it's just too bad

• 英文の翻訳をお願い致します!!

翻訳機を使いましたが、いまいちよく分かりませんでした(T_T)英語が得意な方、どうか翻訳をお願い致します。 I'm happy to see your message I'm good I'm at work now but it's ok I can message you back when I had time. Yeah I was happy to meet you but wish I had more time with you. I was happy anyway. Your english is fine and I like to talk with you even of you think your english is not good. But I think it's good

• 和訳をお願いします

下記の英文の和訳をお願いします It's so sad but it's good that now a days theres a lot of ways to communicate & to feel near with your love ones... Thanks a lot for being there for me especially in times like this. I miss you.. 以上です よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳してください(>_<)

海外の方とペンパルになっているのですが英語が読めないのでメッセージがわかりません(>_<) hmm... my Japanese is bad, Megumi-san. But my english is good enough. I'm currently able to read something in ひらがな also my japanese vocalubary still poor. I was born and live in Indonesia, East Java Province, and believe me it's so far far away from your hometown. And hey, we're on same age. I'm 19 too, just a few days ago because I was born in december. I hope we can be a good friend. message whenever you'd like to. Have a good day! どうぞよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• この英語の訳していただきたいです

you feel incredible when you’re in training and really looking after yourself, but it’s a real lifestyle choice. I mean, you can’t really eat anything good if you want to stay that trim.

• Please translate this peom!!

Some People Isn't it strange some people make You feel so shrivel up Like leaves all brown and dried! But when you're with someone other ones, It's stranger still to find Your thougts as thick as fireflies All shiny in mind!

• 至急!!英文をわかりやすい日本語にしてください。

I want to know why it's so hard when you are not Japanese to be accepted like a human before gaijin ? And I want to know what are you doing when you go out with your friends. If it's like in manga or its completely different. And what about relationship between boys and girls ? I think it's enough for this e-mail . see you later

• この「in mind」 の意味は?

ある歌の歌詞です。 It's nice to smile when I get your phone call in mind. 君から電話があるって考えれば笑顔になれる。 この場合の「in mind」はどういう意味ですか?「考える」の「I think」とは何が違うのでしょうか?どのように解釈すればいいか分かりません。 日本語にはない言い回しなのかもしれませんが、より近い感じ方を教えて下さい!

• 歌詞和訳お願いします。

Delta GoodremのBe Strongという曲なんですが、和訳歌詞が知りたいのに 調べても出てきません。 誰か、和訳をよろしくお願いします。 Are you swimming up stream in oceans of blue Do you feel like your sinking? Are you sick of the rain after all you've been through? Well I know what you're thinking When you can't take it You can make it Sometime soon I know you'll see 'cause when you're in your darkest hour And all of the light just fades away and When you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray Well hang on and be strong We're taking each step one day at a time You can't loose your spirit Let live and let live forget and forgive It's all how you see it And just remember keep it together Don't you know you're never alone 'cause when you're in your darkest hour And all of the light just fades away When you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray Well hang on (whoa) and be strong No you're not defeated And soon you'll be smiling once again Then you won't have to feel it Let it go with the wind Time passes us by And know that you're allowed to cry 'cause when you're in your darkest hour And all of the light just fades away When you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray Well hang on (whoa) and be strong (hang on hang on) Be strong Hold on and be strong