A Dream of Sailing: The Journey of a Determined Man

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A young man with a dream of sailing around the world faced numerous challenges.
  • Despite limited resources, he spent five years preparing for his trip.
  • At the age of 23, he set sail from Japan in a small yacht, determined to fulfill his dream.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文!

英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします! But he did not have enough resources to realize his dream:money, navigation skill, and command of English. For five years, he worked hard to prepare for his trip. He practiced sailing a yacht, read many books and manuals, and learned English. At the age of 23, he finally left Japan in a small yacht.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

ただ夢の実現に向け、資金が十分ではなかった。さらにヨットの操舵技術、英語による通信知識も欠けていた。五年の歳月を掛けて彼は想像を絶する訓練を積んでいった。ヨットの操縦技術の訓練、書籍・マニュアルの読破、英語の習得を。そして23才にして遂に彼は、ちっぽけなヨットで日本を後にした。

worldvvv
質問者

お礼

分かりやすくありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 英文について教えてください。

Moreover-taking the word "tragedy" in its most ordinary modern sense-it is Gretchen who suffers the tragedy, which Faust takes in his stride. We never see him hunted by the furies, like Orestes: no sooner has Part Two begun than spirits "remove the burning arrows of remorse, and cleanse his mind of memories." And though he dies blind like Oedipus, (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 Rather, he loses his sight when he is a hundred years old, just before he dies in a moment of elation. Faust's sufferings are incidental. He is not a tragic hero like Orestes, who is called upon to kill his mother, or like Oedipus, who owes it to his city to find out who killed his predecessor and who thus discovers that he killed his father and is wedded to his mother. In Faust, tragedy engulfs not the hero but representatives of unheroic, non-outstanding, suffering humanity: Gretchen, Philemon and Baucis, Gretchen's mother. The death of Philemon and Baucis in the fifth act of Part Two involves no tragic conflict in Faust's mind: he has given different instructions; their death is a hideous surprise to him; but again he takes it in his stride.(2)【 It is another episode, no more.】(3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 The drama is epic, the effect cumulative. 『Goethe's Faust by Walter Kaufmann』 上記の英文の(1)【】、(2)【】、(3)【】の部分について質問です。 (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 *clasps pluckedとはどういう意味にとればよいのでしょうか? *全体はどういう訳になりますか? (2)【 It is another episode, no more.】 *これはどういうことを言っているのでしょうか? another episodeとは? (3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 *文の構造がよくわかりません。 if節があって、帰結はGretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episodeだと思うのですが、Gretchen's tragedyの前にthatがついているのがわかりません。 *また、it was not clear to us all alongのitは何をさしているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の和訳を希望します

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He liked music, dance and prophecy ands poetry and may have liked to travel a restless character He may have played a musical instrument, and did not much like work or hard labor, though he was a dutiful man. He would have worked long and hard for poor return in the past and developed no taste for it. He was the keeper of family secrets. People could confide in him knowing it would go no further. When they were small your soul mates father would have seemed to have had a cold and forbidding exterior. Stern gruff traditional, occasionally cruel and harsh;. The dominant head of the house. But as the children grew older they could see through this father act, to his wealth of kinder character and his love and affection. He had many material goods and was practical and prosperous.

• この英文訳してください。。。

この英文訳してください。。。 文が難しくて訳せません。 わかるかた教えてください Jamie `s program is fun, but he is a serious young man. For example, he has trained disadvantaged young ?sters to be professional chefs. Also he was won awards for helping children to learn about healthy eating. His program teaches skills which many young people don`t learn at home anymore-how to shop well, or how to choose fruit and vegetables. Jamie`s philosophy can be found in the title of his program. The naked chef. It shows that he values preparing simple, healthy food. Today many young people eat fast food. But Jamie`s is telling us to be creative with the things that we find in our kitchen. He also reminds us of the pleasure of sharing good food with family and friends. This is the recipe for his success, and for great cooking お願いいたします

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 内容的にまだ続いてる感じだと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Yet he had a fairly happy family life and childhood. Background and family history are important to him. He may have had a strong attachment or respect for his father, who was affluent and a sense of family pride. He may have missed out on parental love in his childhood. He would have grown reserved and cautious. May have had some health weakness or weakens of constitution. His interest would have centered on the family. He wanted to shine out. Make his family proud of him, and he would have helped other family members out and taken an interest in their lives and affairs.

• 英文の訳をお願いします

以下の文章を訳していただけますか。お願いします。 He deeply desires, a true friend, someone whom he can express his feelings and thoughts to. People and relationships are important to him despite his independent exterior. He is interested in the lives and affairs of those close to him. He is an excellent arbitrator, negotiator and peace maker and meddler in other peoples problems. But not soft B, he is as forceful as he feels is necessary for achieving his own aims and ambitions, and if he feels others are not appreciative of what he is trying to do, then he will consider them unworthy of his time and efforts and he will take back what ever efforts he has made on their behalf, or whatever he has given then, When he gives to people it is not free, even if it just advice, it comes on loan. And at some point the loan is recalled. The favour owed is collected like a debt by him.

• 英文の訳

英文の訳をお願いします!! On June 7, 2005, a yacht quietly came into a harbor. On the yacht a man with a big smile on his suntanned, lined face was waving his hand to the people who were welcoming his return. He was about to finish an around-the-world voyage. He had sailed eastward around the world without making any stops along the way. His trip took 250 days and covered 50,000 km. Horie Kenichi, who had succeeded in making a westward world voyage 31 years before, became the second person to sail around the world without any stops both eastward and westward.

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

The crisis appears at about the same time as the crisis of the empty nest- the departure of the last child from the home-which affects particularly the wife. She may be unable to turn to her husband for help in dealing with the empty-nest crisis, because he is preoccupied with his own crisis of adjusting to the limits on his career and the implied limits on his abilities. Especially if the wife has learned only the traditional view of woman’s role in society-wife and mother-the departure of the last child will be a crisis. For such a woman one of the main purposes in life has ended, bringing about a sudden “retirement” that was unwanted and largely unanticipated. お願いします。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします

長文で恐縮ですが、 英文の和訳をお願いします。 He will attract money. He has little understanding of the depth of human greed cupidity and envy, jealousy. He is weak willed where friendships or illicit unions are concerned, the combination will bring about his rune. Not everyone will understand his motives and will think he is only concerned with pleasure and falls victim to it, for he has a sense of gaiety, fun, and independence or unconventionality, but it is also circumstance, not shallowness or weakness that place her in difficult relationships. Unfortunate or foolish in human relationships or marriage. But in other area s of life successful. He can brighten up drab days and difficult surroundings and likes to add color to life, he has much energy that way, but will help others and will do them with no great fuss or bother, and won't expect praise or recognition. For this reason he has many good qualities but they tend to get taken for granted, while his minor falls from grace get noticed..

• 英文を翻訳希望

以下の英文を翻訳お願いしたいです。 He puts a lot of time and effort into establishing relationships and involvements and contacts that are meaningful or which he thinks will be useful to him, in the future these acquaintanceships are like investments he makes for his future. Good at organizing and building up a backdrop of social networks of people in his life., that he can call on for various things when he needs them. He can seem to accept people exactly as they are and to be non-judgmental and even humble if he has to be Though he has a pride in him that is hard to cut down. He gains from people he thinks are greater, or wealthier or more talented or knowledgeable than himself. Or from those who have more contacts, which he adds to his own. He learns from them, while tolerating their difficultness. While others may wonder, how does he put up with this dreadful person! What does he see in this irate cantankerous character? He gives a lot of time to his friends and acquaintances and contacts And to everyone he knows however slightly he knows them.,