• ベストアンサー

わからない英文があります

"Later that day I was relieved to discover that at least one eligible bachelor got his kicks off the runway" -got his kicks off the runwayの意味を教えてください

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

get kicks は、下記のように「楽しむ」という意味です。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/get+kicks/UTF-8/ runway は「滑走路」の他に「花道」などの意味があります。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/runway/UTF-8/  そうすると「(その日遅く、少なくとも一人の)なかなかいい男がファッションショーのステージを楽しんでいる(のを見て、ホッとした)」と言うようなことかなと思います。  雑誌の編集長かファッションショーのプロデューサーが、どれもこれもろくな男性モデルはいないのね、と思っていたら、その日も終わる頃になって「おや?これはいける」、、、  まあ外れでしょうけど。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• わからない英文があります。

わからない英文があります。 全文: A: I can't believe you're encouraging this, Karen. When your husband got caught with his assistant, no one gave you the number to a divorce attorney. B: Kirsten, that was very uncalled for. A: No, what is uncalled for is your five hundred dollars a day coke habit in college. 最後にAが言った一文の意味を教えてください!

• 以下の英文、間違いがあれば教えてください

(1)Betty got so nice presents that she could hardly get to sleep. (2)The woman he was talking was his secretary.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をよろしくお願いします! The voyage was hard. He had many windless days when his boat did not move at all. Sometimes he fell ill and was filled with worries. He was all alone on the ocean. There was no one to tell him what to do. But he got over the difficulties and, 94 days later, he arrived in San Francisco.

• 英文について質問です

Tom was lucky,too --very lucky---that the garbage truck had started its rounds a little later than usual that day. (その日はゴミ回収者が普段より少し遅く徘徊を開始したことは,トムはまた運がよかった,とてもよかった) 質問:--very lucky-- の「-- --」は何の働きをするものですか?

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

Just as the war was in the balance on the Western Front, so the fate of Luxembourg was see-sawing back and forth. It was clear to all that the good conduct of the Luxembourgish government, if fully receptive to the needs of the German military administrators, could guarantee Luxembourg's continued self-government, at least in the short-term. Eyschen was a familiar and overwhelmingly popular leader, and all factions put their utmost faith in his ability to steer Luxembourg through the diplomatic minefield that was occupation. On 4 August 1914, he expelled the French minister in Luxembourg at the request of the German minister, followed by the Belgian minister four days later and the Italian minister when his country entered the war. To the same end, Eyschen refused to speak ill of the German Zollverein, even though he had talked openly of exiting the customs union before the war began.

• 英文添削をお願いします。

学校の課題で「自分の国の童話を英訳」してくることになったのですが、不安な部分があるのでアドバイスをお願いしたいのですが…(わらしべ長者を訳しました) Several days later,the guy fell in love with the woman who was thirsty and got mandarins from the guy. What is more, they've got married! Actually,the woman was a daughter of the feudal lord who gave a fine house and a pice of land. よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 The musical genius was initially cool towards the profession that would later bring him great fame, leading a happy and not too burdened, learning his lessons, whatever they were, easily and quickly.

• よろしくお願いします

"Pete" was a friend of mine. He was 20 years older than I and died at the age of 87. He worked hard his entire life and retired with his wife, and they lived in a small but nice house in Palm Springs. They didn't spend much money and had just enough for a comfortable retirement. Their main source of wealth was their house, which was valued at $600,000, and they owned it free and clear. I live in Los Angeles, a little more than 100 miles from Palm Springs, and we kept in touch by phone at least once a week. I would visit him in person three or four times a year. The point is that I did not keep track of Pete day to day. You can imagine my surprise when one day I woke up to find three voice messages from him saying that I must fire his new caregiver, "George." I called Pete back but could not reach him. I found out later that he had been taken to the hospital and had died several hours later, alone in the hospital room with George. I was immediately suspicious because Pete had been in excellent health, but I could prove nothing. The hospital said he died of "heart failure," and considering his advanced age, that was that. Pete left me various personal items in his will, and when I went to his house to retrieve them, I was shocked to discover that George had moved into his bedroom. George is younger than I am, but he was suddenly having an affair with Pete's widow! I was too disgusted to comment, especially by the timing. that was thatはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、 by the timingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳(とにかく分からないです)

以下の1文はAdam Smith-Theory and Politics-The four stages of Societyの481頁からの引用です。 From the system I have already explain'd, you will remember that I told you we may conceive an injury was done one when an impartial spectator would be of opinion he was injured, would join with him in his concern and go along with him when he defended the subject in his possession against any violent attack, or used force to recover what had been thus wrongfully wrested out of his hand. 質問は、この文は一体全体どうなっているのか、ということです。 you will remember that I....の「you」が全体の主語で、that節の主語はI、そしてI told you(that)we may....でまたthat節に入りyouが主語になる。(that)we may....はwe may conceive an injury was doneで終わる。 ここで「one」がくるのですが、when以下は挿入で one would join....という風に「one」は主語であると考える。すると、one would join with him in his concern and go along with him when....に続く。 あぁ、とにかくどこがどうなっているやら、そもそもoneは主語であっているのか、2つのwhenはどこにかかるのか、ということが分かりません。どなたか分かる方いらっしゃいますか? From the system I have already explain'd, の the systemは「占有することで財産権(所有権)が生まれる仕組み」を指します。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

General Lawrence was criticised for taking a grave and unnecessary risk by relying on just one entrenched infantry division and two light horse brigades to defend Romani. That the strong enemy attack on the 1st and 2nd Light Horse Brigades during the first night's battle pushed them so far back that the planned flanking attack by the New Zealand Mounted Rifles Brigade became almost a frontal attack. Lawrence was also faulted for remaining at his headquarters at Kantara, which was considered to be too far from the battlefield, and that this contributed to his loss of control of the battle during the first day, when the telephone line was cut and he was out of contact with Romani.