• ベストアンサー

英文について質問です

Tom was lucky,too --very lucky---that the garbage truck had started its rounds a little later than usual that day. (その日はゴミ回収者が普段より少し遅く徘徊を開始したことは,トムはまた運がよかった,とてもよかった) 質問:--very lucky-- の「-- --」は何の働きをするものですか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

挿入符です。 「トムの幸運は更に続いた。(超ラッキー!)なんとゴミ収集車の周回までが普段よりやや遅れたのだ」

wantanton
質問者

お礼

丁重なご回答誠にありがとうございます^^ >(超ラッキー!) 面白かったです 笑

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文が訳せません。

He said that he was acquainted with someone who could put an end to the blackmail and then the event that this person solved a little problem he asked if we are willing to make a congribution to Tom. 「彼はこの脅迫を終結できる人物と知り合いであり、もしその人物がそれを解決できたら、トムに賄賂を渡して欲しいと言ってきた」 という様なニュアンスになると思うのですが、文法的に理解できません。 まず、 (1)He said that he was acquainted with someone who could put an end to the blackmail 「彼はこの脅迫を終結することができる人物と知り合いであり」 までは、よろしいでしょうか。 次に (2)and then the event that this person solved a little problem ここが分からないのです。eventの直後のthatは関係代名詞だと思うのですが、 だとしますと、solveにはthe eventとa little problemという、2つの目的語があるように思われるのですが、辞書で調べてもsolveには第3文型までしかありませんでした。 もしかして、この(2)は非文で、編集者の方のミスということは考えられませんでしょうか? 音声CDもあるのですが、実際and then the eventのthenの部分がこもっててよく聞こえませんでした。つまり、thenではない可能性があると思うのです。 そして (3)he asked if we are willing to make a congribution to Tom トムに賄賂を渡すつもりはあるかどうか尋ねた ここはよろしいでしょうか。 長文失礼致しました。 お力添えを、何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• 文章解釈 

添付ファイル文章に関する質問です。 "Show me that the good life doesn't consist in its length, but in its use, and that it is possible-no, entirely too common-for a person who has had a long life to have lived too little." 1. in its useは「人生の使い方」と解釈して合っているでしょうか? 2. Show me that (the good life doesn't consist in its length, but in its use,) it is possible-no, entirely too common-for a person who has had a long life to have lived too little. 「長い人生を生きてきた人がほとんど生きてないことが可能である、いや、あまりにもありふれすぎたことであることを示しなさい。」 it is possible-no, entirely too common-for a person who has had a long life to have lived too little の解釈がわからないです。 live too little というのはどういう文法になっていて意味はどのように取ればいいのか分からないです。 little は副詞として予想しているのですが、自信がないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 正しい英文に直してください。

(1)最近の研究で、その食品が何らの害を及ぼすものではないことが判明した。 (  )(  )(  ) clear (  ) the food does not (  )(  )(  ). 選択肢〔any harm / have made / that / us / do / recent studies / it 〕 (2)彼が嘘つきでないことは、少し考えればわかるでしょう。 選択肢〔thought / that / tell / moment's / you / a / will 〕he is not a liar. (3)トムはその計画を非難したためにひどく嫌われてしまった。 Tom's 選択肢〔of / unpopular / criticism / the plan / him / very / made 〕. (4)慣れた人でさえこのパズルを解くために数日かかります。 It 選択肢〔days / an / person / several / experienced / even / takes 〕 to solve this puzzle. (5)彼の提案には目新しいものは何もなかった。 There 選択肢〔his / in / new / nothing / proposal / was 〕.  

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで買い物をしました。いつも購入するお店なんですが凄くお世話になっているのでプレゼントを送りました。返事がきたんですがすみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Thank you very much, that is very sweet of you! Really you do not need to post anything, a few words like those that you have written are the best thank you! And thank you for your patience! Some things take more time than expected sometimes but I hope that it wasn't too bad ;) Looking forward to receiving your new order! I will email you later our new arrivals lists if you haven't already received them.

• この英文の訳をお願いいたします。 長いです。

Every society makes laws to protect its way of life. By looking at a country's laws, we can learn something about the culture of that society. We can also understand what is important to its people. Sometimes these laws may surprise outsiders. In Switzerland,for example,you can't hang out laundry on Sundays. It is also against the law to use a power lawn mower on Sundays because it is too noisy. These laws tell us that Sunday are very important to the Swiss. これをお願いいたします。 あとit'sとitsの違いは何なのでしょうか。 よければお願いいたします。

• 教えてください

The man had a long white beard, very old skin, and eyes that reminded him of Santa Claus. But it was a little too early for Santa, and Santa definitely didn't dress like this. a little too early は「少し早すぎる」という意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Later in the evening, the crew returned and directed artillery onto more German troops near Ginchy, prisoners later claiming that the battalion lost half its men in the bombardment. Infantry attacks on 7 July, made very slow progress and observers from 3 Squadron reported events in the late afternoon and evening. A crew which flew behind a German barrage, saw Quadrangle Support Trench suddenly fill up with troops in field grey uniforms, who repulsed a British attack. British observers were overhead to see continuous attacks and counter-attacks by both sides, until midnight on 10/11 July, when Mametz Wood and Quadrangle Support Trenches were captured.

• 英文で分からないところがあるので教えてください。(4)

今、海外のペンパルと文通していのですが、自身がないので15から17番の英文が合っているかどうか教えてください。間違いがあったら正しい英文を教えてください。それと翻訳機では、通じませんでした。 15.夕食は、四川料理を食べました。ガイドさんから四川料理は、すごく辛いと聞いてました。だから心配でした。でもあまり辛くありませんでした。それは、すごく美味しかったです。実は、私は、辛いものは、苦手です。夕食後、クルーザーで上海の夜景を見ました。 We eat Sichuan dish at the supper. I heard guide said, “Sichuan dish is very hot “. So I was anxious about its dish. But its dish was little hot. And it’s very delicious. In truth, I don’t like hot foods. After dinner, we saw Shanghai night view by cruiser. 16.2月21日には、沢山の店を見て歩きました。中国に行く前、英語もあまり話せないし、中国語は、分からないので心配でした。若い店員の中には、日本語が話せる人もいて、とても安心しました。 We walked around in a lot of stores on February 20. I worried because I speak English a little and I don’t know Chinese before visited to China. I was very relieved that some young shop assistants spoke Japanese language. 17ガイドさんから多くの中国の学校では、第一外国語として日本語を教えていると聞きました。だから嬉しかったです。 I heard guide said, “many Chinese school teach Japanese language as the first foreign language”. So I was happy when I heard about it.

• itとthatの使い分け

某ラジオ放送局の英会話講座に、下記の文がありました。 1.  A: I had a baby last week ! It's a girl. B: I'm sure your parents are very happy about it,too. 2.  A: I was delighted to hear (that) Tom is doing fine. B: Is he ? I'm pleased to hear that,too. 1. 2. のBさんのitとthatはともにAさんの文を受けていると思うのですが、1.にthatを2.にitを使った ら間違えでしょうか。 thatとitの使い分けの原則を教えて下さい。

• 英文の意味の取り方を教えてください

The great man is too often all of a piece; it is the little man that is a bundle of contradictory elements. He is inexhaustible. You never come to the end of the surprises he has in store for you. For my part I would much sooner spend a month on a desert island with a veterinary surgeon than with a prime minister. (The Summing Up by W. S Maugham) 最初に出てくる"The great man is too often all of a piece."について質問があります。 偉大な人間はあまりにしばしば断片のすべてである・・・・・? *ここはどうやって意味をとればよいのでしょうか? 断片を統合したような人物、という感じですか? *また、too oftenのところがわからないのですが、 The great man is all of a piece.にするのとどういうニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? 以下は前文です。 *************** I have been more concerned with the obscure than with the famous. They are more often themselves. They have had no need to create a figure to protect themselves from the world or to impress it. Their idiosyncrasies have had more chance to develop in the limited circle of their activity, and since they have never been in the public eye it has never occurred to them that they have anything to conceal. They display their oddities because it has never struck them that they are odd. And after all it is with the common run of men that we writers have to deal; kings, dictators, commercial magnates are from our point of view very unsatisfactory. To write about them is a venture that has often tempted writers, but the failure that has attended their efforts shows that such beings are too exceptional to form a proper ground for a work of art. They cannot be made real. The ordinary is the writer's richer field. Its unexpectedness, its singularity, its infinite variety afford unending material.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 【質問内容】Roland TD 1KPX2を組み立てる方法について教えてください。
  • 【質問内容】組み立てる際の注意点やポイントについても教えていただけると助かります。
  • 【質問内容】組み立て完了後の操作方法や使用感についても教えてください。
回答を見る