日本語訳:和訳の問題

このQ&Aのポイント
  • そのような研究結果は、むしろ驚くべきことだ。
  • 例えば友情を築いたり、他人を助けたり、性格の強さなどのような、心からの達成感を引き起こすかもしれない。
  • 和訳の問題について困っています。特に「since~activities」の部分が訳せずに困っています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳の問題

Such findings are rather surprising since many of us tend to chase after the things money can buy without spending enough time on activities that might create genuine fulfillment such as building friendship, helping others, and developing strengh of character. という文なのですが、 特にsince~activitiesの部分が訳せず困っています。 that節の訳は、「例えば友情を築いたり、他人を助けたり、性格の強さなどのような、心からの達成感を引き起こすかもしれない」という訳で合ってるんでしょうか・・。 主節の部分は、「そのような研究結果は、むしろ驚くべきことだ。」という風に考えました。 中途半端で申し訳ないですが、 どんな感じの日本語になるのか教えていただきたいです。 宜しくお願いします。

• r0b1
  • お礼率71% (125/174)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

since many of us なぜなら私たちの多くは tend to chase 追い求めがちである after the things money can buy お金で買えるものを without spending enough time さほど時間を割くことなしに on activities that ~ ~のような行動に つまり「なぜなら私たちの多くは、~のような行動に時間を取られることなく、お金さえ払えば手に入るような物質的なものを追い求める傾向があるからだ。」 それ以外の部分は、質問者さまの訳で良いと思うので コラボさせると・・・ 「私たちの多くは、例えば友情を築いたり、他人を助けたり、性格の強さなどのような、心からの達成感を引き起こすかもしれない行動に時間を取られることなく、お金さえ払えば手に入るような、物質的なものを追い求める傾向があるので、そのような研究結果は、むしろ驚くべきことだ。」 みたいな感じでいかがでしょうか。

r0b1
質問者

お礼

難しく考える必要はなかったのですね(;´--) どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 至急和訳おねがいします!

Perhaps the lack of a border sense of alarm is not all that surprising when President Obama, Senator Dianne Feinstein, the Democratic chairwoman of the Intelligence Committee, and intelligence officials insist that such surveillance is crucial to the nation’s antiterrorism efforts.

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

Since the early 18th century, however, the force of the rule of law has fostered standards of living that rose by 20 times in that part of the world that embraced competitive markets. Life expectancy more than doubled. And in the developing countries that have abandoned central planning for markets since the end of the Cold War, hundreds of millions of people have been elevated from subsistence poverty. Other hundreds of millions are now experiencing a level of affluence that people born in developed nations have experienced all their lives.

• 和訳お願いします

Nuclear export of mRNAs is a crucial step in the regulation of gene expression, linking transcription in the nucleus to translation in the cytoplasm. Although important components of the mRNA export machinery are well characterized, such as transcription-export complexes TREX and TREX-2, recent work has shown that, in some instances, mammalian mRNA export can be selective and can regulate crucial biological processes such as DNA repair, gene expression, maintenance of pluripotency, haematopoiesis, proliferation and cell survival. Such findings show that mRNA export is an unexpected, yet potentially important, mechanism for the control of gene expression and of the mammalian transcriptome.

• 和訳・添削をお願いします。

以下の3つの文の和訳をお願いします。 1. People in Japan have nearly nine times the purchasing power of their neighbors in China, yet they score lower in surveys of life satisfaction. 2. Seligman(人名) argues that anyone can inhabit the upper floors of his emotional "set range" by examining negative assumptions, savoring positive experiences and managing the natural yearning for more. 3. Beyond pleasure lies what he terms "gratification," the enduring fulfillment that comes from developing one's strengths and putting them to positive use. 1に関しては、大意はわかるのですが、「purchaing power of their neighbors in China」の部分が特に分かりません。 3に関しては、文法的な解説(特にthatまで)を入れて頂ければ幸いです。 特に分からない部分は、 ・pleasureまでが前置詞句でしょうか? ・主語はliesでよろしいでしょうか?ただ、そう仮定すると、動詞が見つかりません。 ・that は fulfillment を先行詞とする関係代名詞でしょうか?

• 和訳

次の文章を和訳してください! This is "Naruto", one of the most popular animes in Japan. I have been a fan of this anime since I was in the second grade. This anime is roughly about a young ninja, the hero of this anime, making a great ninja through working hard every day. Besides that, this anime is quite thrilling with such scenes as bruising battles and friendship. To me, this anime is more fun than any other anime. I really would love every one to read this anime.

• 和訳

福祉系の学校に通っていて英語があるのですが 訳がよく分からないところがありましたので ご協力お願いします。 上の2つは続きの文です。 In the field of care giving, the word recreation means someting well beyond activities such as sports and games. 介護の分野ではスポーツ、ゲーム、のような活動を超えて?? It includes any activities that helps the peaple you care for to be more active and alert, both physically and mentally. Some clients are simply not interested in or up to certain activities. クライアントの中には単に興味がないとか・・・

• 和訳お願い致します。

From this statement of the case it will be apparent that our knowledge of mental activities in any organism other than our own is neither subjective nor objective. That it is not subjective I need not wait to show. That it is not objective* may be rendered obvious by a few moments' reflec tion. .For it is evident that mental activities in other organisms can never be to us objects of direct knowledge ; as I have just said, we can only infer their existence from the objective sources supplied by observable activities of such organisms.. Therefore all our knowledge of mental activities other than our own really consists of an inferential inter pretation of bodily activities — this interpretation being founded on our subjective knowledge of our own mental activities. By inference we project, as it were, the known patterns of our own mental chromograph [chromograph=chromolithograph] on what is to us the otherwise blank screen of another mind ; and our only knowledge of the processes there taking place is really due to such a projection of our own subjectively. This matter has been well and clearly presented by the late Professor Clifford, who has coined the exceedingly appropriate term eject (in contradistinction to subject and object), whereby to designate the distinctive character of a mind (or mental process) other than our own in its relation to our own. I shall therefore adopt this convenient term, and speak of all our possible knowledge of other minds as ejective.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Since all hypochondriacs (and, I’m afraid, people in general)have a propensity to jump to the worst rather than the best conclusions, this new breed of hypochondriac is apt to assume that he or she is seriously, even fatally , ill . How scary is that? Another related problem is that patients armed with web-based medical knowledge often dispute or refuse to accept the advice and diagnoses of medical professionals. This can make it very difficult for doctors to properly administer medical care. Some doctors, however, don’t mind their patient’s being so knowledgeable since it can help to improve doctor/patient communication. By the way, a 2008 study conducted by Microsoft found that more than half of the people surveyed admitted that online medical searches often interfere with their daily activities. All this makes me wonder if there isn’t such a thing as being too health-conscious.

• 和訳お願い致します。

Now in this necessarily ejective method of enquiry, what is the kind of activities that we are entitled to regard as indicative of mind ? I certainly do not so regard the flowing of a river or the blowing of a wind. Why ? First, because the subjects are too remote in kind from my own organism to admit of my drawing any reasonable analogy between them and it; and, secondly, because the activities which they present are invariably of the same kind under the same circumstances : they therefore offer no evidence of that which I deem the distinctive character of my own mind as such — Consciousness. In other words, two conditions require to he satisfied before we even begin to imagine that observable activities are indicative of mind ; the activities must be dis played by a living organism, and they must be of a kind to suggest the presence of consciousness. What then is to be taken as the criterion of consciousness ? Subjectively, no criterion is either needful or possible ; for to me, individually, nothing can be more ultimate than my own consciousness, and, therefore, my consciousness cannot admit of any criterion having a claim to a higher certainty. But, ejectively, some such criterion is required, and as my consciousness cannot come within the territory of a foreign consciousness, I can only appreciate the latter through the agency of ambassadors — these ambassadors being, as I have now so frequently said, the observable activities of an organism. The next question, therefore, is, What activities of an organism are to be taken as indicative of consciousness ? The answer that comes most readily is, — All activities that are indicative of Choice; wherever wo see a living organism apparently exerting inten tional choice, we may infer that it is conscious choice, and, therefore, that the organism has a mind. But physiology shows that this answer will not do ; for, while not disputing whether there is any mind without the power of conscious choice, physiology, as we shall see in the next chapter, is very firm in denying that all apparent choice is due to mind.

• sinceについて

The Hayabusa Project was very ambitious. JAXA set very difficult goals for the mission: developing ion engines, developing an autonomous navigation system, collecting soil samples from Itokawa, and bring them back. Since asteroids like Itokawa date from the beginning of our solar system, such samples will help solve the mysteries of our system's origin. This would be unprecedented in the history of space exploration. Since asteroids like Itokawa date from the beginning of our solar system, such samples will help solve the mysteries of our system's origin. の英文のsinceはどういう用法で用いられてるかわかる方いませんか? それとこの英文のようにSince文の最初の来て完了形で用いられていない場合があるのですがこの場合のsinceはどういう意味ですか?