Heartwarming Encounter: A Touching Moment in College

このQ&Aのポイント
  • On the first day of school, a professor challenged the class to get to know someone new. A little old lady touched my shoulder and we became friends.
  • As I turned around, I saw a kind old lady with a radiant smile. She introduced herself and asked for a hug, to which I happily obliged.
  • Curious about her presence in college at an advanced age, I asked why she was here. Her response left me inspired and amazed.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

自分で訳しました。 意味が変な所が多々あるので、添削よろしくお願いします。 The first day of school our professor introduced himself to our chdmistry class and challeeged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. →学校の初日、私達の教授は自分自身と私達の化学クラスを紹介した、そして私達は身体に障害のある人がだれかいつもわからなかった。 I stood up to look around, when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. →私の肩に優しい手が触れたとき、私は振り向き立ち上がった。 I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being. →私はくるりと向きを変え彼女全体を明るくした微笑みを私に発しているしわの寄った少し年のとった女性見つけた。 She said, ゛Hi, handsome. →彼女は言った、「やあ、美男子」 I'm eighty-seven years old. →私は87歳です。 Can I give you a hug?" →あなたに抱擁してもいいですか?」 I laughed and enthusiastically responded, ゛Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze. →私は笑い、熱心に答えた「もちろんいいよ!」そして彼女は私にぎゅっと抱き着いた。」 ゛Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked. →「なぜあなたは年齢にかかわりのないそんな若い大学にいるのですか?」と私は尋ねた。

noname#149526
noname#149526
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

[The first day of school] 学校の初日 [ our professor introduced himself to our chemistry class and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know.] 私達の教授は化学クラス(の学生たち)に自己紹介し、私たちがまだ知らなかった人と知り合いになるように私たちを試した。 …ここは少し複雑ですが。 our professor introduced himself to our chemistry class (and) challenged us to get to know someone <we didn't already know>. andはintroducedとchallengedをつないでいます。introduced himself to class は「学生たちに自己紹介する」といった訳が自然です。また、someone <we didn't already know>.we以下はsomeoneを修飾しています。not already で「まだ」ですね。 I stood up to look around, when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. 立ちあがって辺りを見回すと、優しい手が私の肩に触れた。 …これは英語の情報構造(旧情報→新情報)だと、後半に来る文章に比重があります。 つまり、~,when だと「~したそのとき、…」といった訳が原義に近いです。 あなたの訳でも大丈夫だと思いますよ。 I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being. 私が振り向くとしわのある高齢の女性がいて、彼女は満面の笑みで私を見つめていた。 …これは意訳です。 そのまま訳すると、 「私は振り向くと彼女全体を明るくした笑顔で私を見つめているしわのある少し年をとった女性を見つけた。」ですね。 She said, ゛Hi, handsome.I'm eighty-seven years old.Can I give you a hug?'' 訳通りで良いと思います。 「会話」であることを考えるなら、 彼女は、「やぁ、色男だね。私、87歳なんだけど、ハグしても良いかい?」といった感じですかね。 I laughed and enthusiastically responded, ゛Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze. 訳された通りで大丈夫だと思います。 Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked. 「なんで、その年で大学にいるの?」

noname#149526
質問者

お礼

丁寧な回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

学校の初日、私たちの教授は化学のクラスで自己紹介と学生の紹介をし、以前に既に知っていなかった誰かと知り合いになるよう言った(チャレンジした)。  私は立ち上がって見回した、その時誰かの手が優しく私の肩に触れた。  私が振り返ると、彼女の体中を輝かせるような微笑を浮かべた小柄な皺のおばあさんが笑っていた。 ーーー  「なぜ貴女は、そんな無垢の若さで、大学に居るのですか?」と私は尋ねた。  あとはとてもいいと思います。

noname#149526
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳 添削

自分で訳しましたが、意味が通らない所が多々あります。 ぜひ添削をよろしくお願いします。 The first day of school our professor introduced himself to our chdmistry class and challeeged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. →学校の初日、私達の教授は自分自身と私達の化学クラスを紹介した、そして私達は身体に障害のある人がだれかいつもわからなかった。 I stood up to look around, when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. →私の肩に優しい手が触れたとき、私は振り向き立ち上がった。 I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being. →私はくるりと向きを変え彼女全体を明るくした微笑みを私に発しているしわの寄った少し年のとった女性見つけた。 She said, ゛Hi, handsome. →彼女は言った、「やあ、美男子」 I'm eighty-seven years old. →私は87歳です。 Can I give you a hug?" →あなたに抱擁してもいいですか?」 I laughed and enthusiastically responded, ゛Of course you may!" and she gave me a giant squeeze. →私は笑い、熱心に答えた「もちろんいいよ!」そして彼女は私にぎゅっと抱き着いた。 ゛Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?" I asked. →「なぜあなたは年齢にかかわりのないそんな若い大学にいるのですか?」と私は尋ねた。

• 添削お願いします

自分で和訳しました。 添削よろしくお願いします。 Over the course of the school year, Rose became a campus icon and easily made friends wherever she went. →学校の一年のその講習で、ローズはキャンパスの像になった、そしてすぐに友達を作り彼女はどこかに行った。 She loved to dress up and she enjoyed the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. →彼女は仮装するのが大好きで彼女は他の生徒から注目を授かり楽しんだ。 She was living it up. →彼女は生きていた。 At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. →学期が経過して私たちは私たちのフットボール宴会でローズに演説をしてもらうため招いた。 As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her note cards on the floor. →彼女は彼女の準備されたスピーチを述べ、彼女はメモ用紙を床に落とした。 Frustrated and a bit embarrassed, she leaned into the microphone and simply said, ゛I'm sorry I'm so nervous. →失望し少し決まり悪く、彼女はマイクに寄り掛かり簡単に言った、「すみません。私はとても臆病です。」 I gave up beer for forty days until Easter and this whiskey is killing me! →私は私をへとへとにさせるウイスキーとビールをイースターまでの四日間やめた。 I'll never get my speech back in order, so let me just tell you what I know." →私は決して私のスピーチの順番を戻さないだろう、だから私に話し方を教えて下さい。

• 久しぶりに日記風に英作文を書きました、表現が解らない所を含め、添削をお願いしたいのです。よろしくお願いいたします。

Hi, Crystal! What are you doing now? Are you cleaning up your room? Me? Yes, I already did it. I am waiting for you while writing my diary as usual. When you will finish it, please call me, OK?  Today is our day-off. Did you know why I said “our day-off”. Because today is a public holiday in Japan. Not only today, from today to the day after tomorrow, these 3 days are public holidays! And this Saturday will be my day-off. So I am out of work these 5days! Tomorrow, I am going to see my parents and to have a lunch at the hotel. I am looking forward to see them. Other 4 days, I don’t have a special plan. I am going to spend relaxed.(のんびりと過ごすつもりです…..と言いたいのですが。) Did you call me, Crystal? You finished to clean up your room, didn’t you. Good! Please read my diary. While then, I go to my garden and snip off flowers of Pansy. See you later,Crystal!

• 翻訳ソフトを使いました。添削お願いします。

外国の子供に初めましての手紙を送ります。 出来るだけ英語っぽい日本語で訳して貰いましたが、不安です。 おかしな所がないかチェックしていただけないでしょうか。 それと、英語で手紙なんて初めてです。 文頭と、文末はどうすれば良いのでしょうか? Nice to meet you My name is oobankoban. I live in Tokyo in Japan. It introduces my family. My mother is 86 years old, and the acknowledgment syndromes. My husband is 61 years old. He is doing the work of the design in the company. My daughter is 21 years old, and she is senior. She works at the company when she comes the spring of next year. And, I am 57 years old, and housework is done while looking after my mother. It might be very good for me this year. I wanted to do good for you just a little. If possible, I want to support it for a long time until you grow up. You have two younger brothers. Do you look after them? And, do you help father and your mother? Have you gone to school though study is very important? Please teach your usual life in the letter.

• 英作文を作ったので添削おねがいします

お礼は必ずします。 よろしくお願いします Recruitment of friend!(British or  American) Nice to meet you. My name is A I am a 35-year-old Japanese man and I live in Osaka. I am 172 cm tall and I weigh 65 kg. My blood type is A. I am a chemist at a chemists,selling medicines. I like playing football and walking my dog. I love Britain and American. I would like to be your friend. Could you correspond with me if you don't mind? If you correspond with me, I would provide you with something you can obtain only in Japan. Through corresponding with you, I would be able to improve my English and increase my knowledge about Britain and USA. Please become my friend by all means. My e-mail address is shown below. I am looking forward to your favorable reply. I would like to see you in near days. see you

• 至急意味を教えてください。

We should talk about our feelings because I loved you and you loved me at one point... We had such a great bond and great chemistry and somehow everything went bad...I wanted to see if maybe we could work out again but I think you still dont trust me and I dont think I am ready for such a big comittment such as marriage... Write me back with how you feel about me and not asking me more questions... You know all the answers to your questions... これは過去に私のことを愛していたのでしょう?それとも今も愛しているのでしょうか?

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

英語の基礎がないため間違いながら覚えています。めちゃくちゃな文なのはわかってますが、お時間があるようでしたら、修正をお願いします。 Hey Simon, How are you doing? I'm doing good. well, your girlfriend went to England!! you're going good. but she probably get jealousy,coz next your work is university has a lot of young girls. the day come up when I leave Eikaiwa-school. coz I have only 10point and a few spesial tickets. I go on studying English,though. recently I am taught by childhood friend. she went American school. she is very kind. but a little bit temper.I want to meet you her. well, I head Yui that your birthday is in Sep 15th!! Happy happy birthday SIMON!!!!! how old are you? 25 or 26? my gift is a ticket for TOYOTA CUP. It's Barcelona game. if you are not buzy, why don't we go to see to Nissan studium(Yokohama). I'm not sure yet that I can go to Narita to pick you up. I know your company will arrange for your transport. but If I can go and I don't make a touble for you, I want to go to Narita to pick you up. maybe Yui too. why don't we have a lunch, and after that I'll take you at your company or your new apt. what do you think?

• 添削をお願いいたします!

英語の宿題で英作文を書かなければならないのですが、私は英語が苦手で変な英文になってしまいます。どなたか添削していただけないでしょうか? My grandmother is a caring person. She is eighty years old. I've never had any major illnesses, and I'm healthy and energetic. She volunteers at the nursing home three days a week.There I am helping bathing and preparing meals.He also works as a cleaning volunteer.She says she is volunteering to help others. Overall, she seems to be responsible and considerate.

• 私にとって難しいのですが、続けなければと思っています。今日も添削をお願いします。

Hi, Everyone, as I said yesterday I played golf. Next time I come here, I will write about it. Today, I will write about my feeling. 今日も、よろしくお願いいたします。 Hi, My Crystal! As you know, I want to learn and I want to speak English when I get a chance to go to US someday. Everyday I say it to me in my heart. What do you think about my dream? These days I am feeling it is so hard to me. Of course, when I see you I do to do my best. And I am thinking I want to see you everyday. When I am with you, I speak only English. I can’t speak well, but I feel comfortable to talk with you. Crystal, what do you think about my English? Did you get my feeling in English? I hope you get my feeling. Well, I have to clean up my room. I want to be with you more and more. But I say to you “Ciao for now, My Little Sweet crystal!”

• 自然な会話文になるように、添削をお願いします。-3-

Cathy: Hey. There she is. Morning, Alice. Alice: Oh. Morning, Cathy. C: How did it go yesterday? Tell me. A: Well... It was not something I expected, but ended up great, I guess.〈g〉 C: What happened, exactly? Come on! A: Okay. We were meeting together at a movie theater... C: Oh? He didn't pick you up? He doesn't drive? A: Sure he does. It's just that his parents don't let him drive alone for now. C: Okay. Then? A: I got there a bit early, so waited for him... drinking some coffee... and when I saw him coming up, my brain stopped... The next moment, he was standing in front of me and saying "Hi", smiling. C: Wow! A: ... Well, I was just swept off my feet by his very cool line of "Hi" and ... I... C: Alice? A: I... spilled coffee on my clothes... C: Oh, no! You okay? Didn't get burned? A: No, it wasn't that hot any more, but... C: I know how you feel, Alice... I'd rather die, if I were you... A: Yeah, I was embarrassed and almost started to cry, actually. But, Cathy, he said to me this way, as he took his jacket off and handed it to me. "Don't you worry. You wanna come to my place to get it cleaned, okay? I know my mom's expecting you to come and would be more than happy to take care of this. And besides, I wanna spend some more time with you. Alice, is it okay to call my mom and ask her to pick us up?" ... I think I'm in love, Cathy... C: He's so sweet! No wonder you never looked better... Well, Alice... I wanna ask you something... He has any brothers? A: Oh, come on! お時間ありましたら、お願い致します。