• ベストアンサー

和訳していただきたい

・I don't think I can meet you at six tomorrow night because we have a lot of extra work this month. extra work は余分な仕事でいいのでしょうか? ・Both the winner and the loser of the latest election deserve praise for showing that they are both exellent and reliable politicians. for showingあたりが・・・ ・He wasn't much use, and none of the other staff is either. 全体的に・・・ ・I'd say that twenty dollar is too much for the necktie. I'd sayがわからないんです。 4文ですがお願いします。

• ONEONE
  • お礼率68% (834/1223)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

・I don't think I can meet you at six tomorrow night because we have a lot of extra work this month. 明日の晩6時には合えないと思う。今月は定常外の仕事がいっぱいあるから。 extra workは「余分な仕事」でも良いと思いますが、「臨時・定常外の仕事、いつもはない特別の仕事」のような意味だと思います。 ・Both the winner and the loser of the latest election deserve praise for showing that they are both exellent and reliable politicians. 前回の選挙の勝者も敗者も、卓越した信頼に足る政治家であることを示したことでは、賞賛に値する。 ・He wasn't much use, and none of the other staff is either. 彼はあまり役に立たなかったし、他のスタッフも同じだった。 個人的には“He wasn't of much use”としたくなりますが、問題文のような言い方もあるようです。 ・I'd say that twenty dollar is too much for the necktie. 俺に言わせりゃ、そのネクタイに20ドルは高すぎる。 I'd sayは、I would sayで、仮定法過去ですね。 I would say ~ if you asked me.のような感じでしょうか。 「もし訊かれたら、~と言うところだ」のようなニュアンスだと思います。 直接「~だ」と言うより、少し控えめな感じを出したいのだと思います(でも、結局言っちゃってるので、全然控えめではないのですが)。

ONEONE
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! extra workは定常外の仕事でしたか。 ニュアンス(?)ではわかってたのですが、いい日本語が浮かばなかったもので・・・[^^;] >I'd sayは、I would sayで、仮定法過去 そうか!なんか聞いがことがあります。なるほどね。

その他の回答 (2)

• merville
  • ベストアンサー率32% (17/52)
回答No.3

・今月は連日残業続きなので明晩6時にお会いするのは難しいと思います。 "extra work(余分な仕事、追加の仕事)"がたくさんある=“普段と比べてむちゃくちゃ忙しい”と言う意味です。 ・この前の選挙では、当選者も落選者も自分が優秀で信頼できる政治家である事をアピールできた点で立派でした。 ・"He wasn't much use,"の部分が???です。 ・そのネクタイに20ドルも出すなんて、どうかなぁ。 「I'd say = I would say」は、「もし言わせてもらうなら」という感じの軟らかな表現です。「I think ・・・」と読み替える事ができると思いますが、細かいニュアンスの違いはわかりません。専門家の回答を待ちましょう。

ONEONE
質問者

お礼

なるほど!! お勉強させていただきました。 ありがとうごじあました。

回答No.2

ONEONEさん、こんばんは。 >・I don't think I can meet you at six tomorrow night because we have a lot of extra work this month. >extra work は余分な仕事でいいのでしょうか? extraは、余分な、とか臨時の、といった意味です。 臨時の仕事と訳したほうがいいかも。 「僕たちは今月、臨時の仕事に追われてて、明日の午後6時に、君と会うことはできないんじゃないか、って思うんだ」 >・Both the winner and the loser of the latest election deserve praise for showing that they are both exellent and reliable politicians. deserve ・・に値する deserve praise 称賛に値する praise for~ (人を)~のことで誉める excellent and reliable 素晴らしく、かつ、信頼できる(頼りになる) politicians 政治家 なので、 「最近の選挙の、当選者と落選者の双方は、どちらもその非常に素晴らしく、かつ頼りになる政治家であることを示したことで、称賛に値する」 >・He wasn't much use, and none of the other staff is either. use 役に立つこと much use とても役に立つこと 「彼は、ちっとも役に立たない。そして、他のどのスタッフも同様に役立たずだ」 >・I'd say that twenty dollar is too much for the necktie. >I'd sayがわからないんです。 I'd sayは、I would sayまたはI should sayですが ここでは、I should sayだと思われます。 I should say (that)・・ おそらく・・でしょう 「おそらく、そのネクタイは、20ドルは高すぎるでしょう」 (そのネクタイに20ドルは、高すぎるといわざるをえない、という感じ) ご参考になればうれしいです。

ONEONE
質問者

お礼

praise for って熟語的に調べてなかったや。 こまかいところまでありがちとうございました☆

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

today I have heard about the tragic news about Japan. Hopefully you and your family/friends are doing fine? I am very sorry for my late reply, but I was attempt to have less contact with you, because I thought it would be better for both of us to keep going with our normal life. The farewell of the last time that I saw you was very hard, I did not want to let you cry and have heartbreak.  Do not see me wrong, because I had a great time with you. We both started to have a strong feelings for eachother, but we both also now that this could not work out. That was very hard for both of us and I want you to live a great life without missing our  time too much. Well, hopefully my thing did work out and you are doing fine, you will always have that special place in my heart. Maybe the future will bring us back together... If I have any chance to go to Japan again I will definitly contact you and be with you, only if your situation allows that, maybe in that time you will have a lovely family. Please give other men a chance if they want to be a part of your life. I will be very happy for you..

• 和訳お願いします!

Very little of what is said is important for the information expressed in the words. It is crucially important, as a way of showing that we are involved with each other, and how we feel about being involved. お願いします(>_<)

• 和訳困っています><

SOCIAL EXCHANGE THEORY In 1975, Dowd proposed a different way of explaining this question. Dowd proposed that retirement is actually a sort of social contract that the person makes with society.They obtain increased leisure time, and an 'honourable discharge' from the idea that all responsible members of society ought to work as hard as possible - the Protestant Work Ethic-and in return, they give up their involvement in how society's affairs are run. This social exchange is seen, according to Dowd, as a fair trade, both by society and by old people. More recently, however, people are showing sings of being less prepared to accept this type of social contract. After all, we live much longer now than we did when retirement was first introdused, and we keep our health for longer, too; so it is much more practical for people to continue to take an active part in society. Among business and professional people, it is not at all uncommon for retirement to signal the beginning of a second career, and a much more independent one that allows them to use their experience, such as working as a consultant. In other groups of society, too, people are beginning to see retirement as an opportunity to do new things. Organizations like the University of the Third Age encourage retired people to develop new hobbies and pursue new interests, and are becoming more popular and successful all the time. Many psychologists now take the view that successful retirement is all about making sure that you acquire new social roles, to replace the ones that you have lost through work, and activities of this sort are exactly the way that people do that. Insight Having responsibilities and being needed seem to be the core of successful retirement. That can take many forms: some people feel needed by their gardens, and devote much of their time to taking care of them; while others take on more social responsibilities.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: After reading the letters from "Tired of the Tips" and "Yes, I Have Tried Excedrin," who suffer from migraines and don't want to hear any more "helpful tips" from well-meaning friends, I'd like to offer another point of view. I, too, suffer from migraines, and I occasionally receive "new medical information" from friends. Though it's never actually been helpful as far as relieving my migraine pain goes, I appreciate that these people are showing concern for my well-being. I wouldn't want them to get the impression (which they might get from the aforementioned letters) that they deserve ridicule for their thoughtfulness. -- Another Migraine Sufferer Dear Another Migraine Sufferer: The intention was not to ridicule so much as to point out that unsolicited advice, however well-intentioned, can rub the recipient the wrong way, especially regarding health issues. The intention was not to ridicule so much as to point out that unsolicited advice, however well-intentioned, can rub the recipient the wrong way, の和訳をよろしくお願いします(not~so much asがわかりにくいです)

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

A woman I work with used to join me and a few others for drinks after work occasionally, and her company is fine enough. However, over the past six months due to a minor promotion, she has become insufferable. She is constantly ratting people out to our principal (I work at a school,) looking for ways to get those she doesn’t like in trouble, and even going as far as to make up things that aren’t true. None of this has been directed at me personally, so I have stayed out of it, while remaining sympathetic to my co-workers who are victims of her power trip. The root of this issue is the way the principal handles HR, but I’m not interested in speaking with her about that. My problem is that this woman is always asking me what I’m doing after work and trying to invite herself along with me and another friend I work with. We both feel uncomfortable socializing with her since we’re disgusted at her behavior, however, I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss. I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳

If there is one opinion that dominate in the Third World, at least among its politicians and intellectuals, it is that there is little hope for Third World countries to get over poverty unless they free themselves from their present state of dependency on the rich of countries. I think one must begin any discussion of policy choices for the Third World, assenting to this opinion.  It is, in its essence, a correct and very important definition of the situation. This need not mean that one has to assent to the opinion in all its forms. Thus I wouldn't assent to the view that the poverty of the Third World was historically caused by its invasion by Western imperialism, nor that the wealth of the West continues to be based on the sacrifice of the Third World, nor that revolution in the Third World are the only way to change the condition of dependency.  It is to the point, however, to say that much of economic relations between Third World countries and the northern half of the globe is harmful rather than useful for the former. Put simply, in a lot of bargains between the poor and the rich, ( ) get richer and ( ), at best, don't gain much. It is also clear, in the case of the Third World, that development, if it means anything at all must mean a change in this relationship. ( )にはformer かlatterが入るようですが… 1行目から文の構成がいまいちわからず… 2文目のassentingは分子構文?

• 和訳お願いします。

It is no exaggeration to say that it is in the search for new and better sources of energy,starting with animal,wind and water power and up through the development of the internal combustion engine,hydroelectric dams,and nuclear reactors,that man's ingenuity has manifested itself most prominently and his understanding of the natural world most significantly deepened. コンマで続く文をどうやって訳せばいいか分からずできません よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am a married mother with two children, both in high school. But I am in love with a man who is not my husband of 21 years. "Harry" is my first love, and he came back into my life unexpectedly. He is also married. Neither of us is passionate or loving toward our spouses anymore. We both feel that we are growing apart from them. I am waiting for my children to finish high school before I make any final move. My husband still seems to believe we can be a happy couple, but I don't agree. He is unaware of my affair, but I can tell that he feels that I'm growing more distant from him every day. An additional problem, however, is that Harry seems to go through fits and starts about leaving his large family for me. Harry seems to go through fits and starts about leaving his large family for me. の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願い致します(哲学関係)

いつも楽しく拝見させて頂いています。 英語の哲学関係の本を読んでいるのですが、どうしてもぴんとこない部分があるので、英訳をお願いできたらと思います。 Now we call that which is in itself worthy of pursuit more final than that which is worthy of pursuit for the sake of something else, and which is never desireble for the sake of something else more final than the things that are desirable both in themselves and for the sake of that other thing, and therefore we call final without qualification that which is always desirable in itself and never for the sake of something else. 内容にずれがなければ、意訳でも結構です。 どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳をお願いします

1 I am a firm believer that in order for a relationship to last, both people need to be happy and secure in their own right (by themselves) in order for relationship to be strong. 2 the other places i saw were kind of far away and not clean for how much it cost to live there. 3 just because things are not exactly the way you want them does not mean that they are not good. 4 i don't know why that is i will see if I can fix it 5 those are all very time consuming things 6 I mean that I am constantly focusing on different things since i've been here and I havn't allowed myself enough time to collect my thoughts. よろしくお願いします。