• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

『 I would like to fight Kenji. Whether it's in his mind if I deserve it or not, I think I kind of earned it and I think I match up really well with him.』 上の文章で 「Whether it's in his mind if I deserve it or not, I think I kind of earned it」 の意味がよくわかりません。 分かる方がいましたら、教えてもらえませんか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

いくつかのポイントがあります。  まず、「Whether ... or not」で「・・・であろうがなかろうが」という意味です。  次に「it is ... that ~」は強調構文で「~なのは・・・だ。」という意味です。  「kind of」は「いくぶん」とか「ある程度」という意味を持つ、断定を避ける緩和表現です。  最後に「earn」は英々辞典で「 have qualities that make you deserve something」とされていますので、「~に値する資質(資格)を備える(得る)」と訳せるでしょう。  全訳です。「たとえ彼の頭の中に私が対戦相手としてふさわしいという思いがあろうがなかろうが、私自身はある程度は対戦(相手)に値する資格を得たと思っている。」  ご参考になれば・・・。  

tanten2009
質問者

お礼

丁寧に回答して頂きありがとうございます。   悩んでいましたが、すっきりしました。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

直訳すれば「彼(ケンジでしょう)の心の中で私がそれ(試合のことでしょう)に値する、あるいは値しない、にしろ、私は一種それを手に入れたと思う」  意訳すれば「ケンジは俺が彼と試合をする(互角に戦える)と思っているかどうか知らないが、俺は今まで練習を積んでその資格を何とか身に付けたと思っている」  でこの場合に合っていますかね。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

前提となる文脈が分らないので、想像が入りますが、 I would like to fight とあるから、ボクシングの試合のようなものを前提としてみます。 「彼(その文の筆者が試合をしたいと希望している相手)は、私が(挑戦者に)ふさわしいと思っているのかどうかは分らないけれども、私は(挑戦者という立場を)獲得したのだし、私は彼の(挑戦者に)ふさわしい(存在である)と思っている」

関連するQ&A

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英文添削をお願いします。 28th September ‘10 I considered to make good use of an unused ground today. This work is enjoyable for me, but I think whether it is necessary for our project or not. And I have a question whether all of my bosses have same aim or not. I think it’s not important for me whether the plan will be used or not, it’s important to make my bosses understand my aim. But I am worried whether it makes them change their though or not.

• 和訳お願いします

No one knows whether Blake's story is true, as he disappeared soon afterwards. Mark Honigsbaum, author of Valverde's Gold, thinks the gold was likely taken out centuries ago. "If not," he says, "and [if] it's still there, I think it's lost forever.

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? ** The word "foolish" is a little more formal than the other ones I've written in there. I'd say the proper definition of "foolish" is more like "unwise." When I think of it being used I'd think of an older man saying it about a young boy, or a teacher saying it to a student. I wrote some other words next to them, and tried to use google translate to pick one that seemed like it might fit. Corny= (陳腐な) over emotional or absurd Embarrassing = (恥ずかしい) Google said that also means ashamed, and being embarrassed is not the same as being ashamed. It's kind of like a much less extreme version of being ashamed... I'd feel embarrassed if I fell over in front of someone I liked. I'd feel ashamed if I stole money from parents and they found out (well I'd be ashamed even if they didn't find out). Silly = (不合理 / 愚かな) silly is actually a word you'd expect to hear younger kids say, but not all the time. Silly is absurd, but in a light-hearted way. Stupid = I didn't translate this since I know Google would do it wrong. The proper definition of stupid means "unintelligent," but people use it to mean a lot of other things. You could probably use it to mean the same thing as corny, embarassing or foolish. It's almost like a grown up version of the word "silly," except it's not as light hearted. Let me know if these things don't make sense!!

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I think both by nature and nurture I tend to apologize more than the average person. It definitely comes from growing up in the culture of “nice” in the Midwest, but I’m also a conflict-avoider and people-pleaser by nature, which seems to amplify it. Additionally, I tend to use it a lot when I’m trying to sympathize with people—if they say they’ve had a bad day, my response is usually, “I’m sorry.” I know the whole discussion of how women say sorry too much, but it just seems ingrained at this point and part of who I am. It’s not done to minimize myself, my opinions, or my feelings. It’s not done to minimize myself, my opinions, or my feelings.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします!

Barkley believes that what he does in his private life is his own business and should not be important to anyone else. I do not think it's your decision to make. お願いします(>_<)

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’m a recently realized genderqueer person, falling more toward the side of a trans girl. Over the past six to 12 months, I’ve started dressing the part as I get more comfortable, and that means that I’ve been more easily recognizable as a queer person, or at least it’s easier for people to guess, since appearance isn’t always proof positive. A handful of times, another person—who, if I had to guess, I would presume is a fellow queer individual—has approached me unexpectedly to offer a compliment or other kind word. In the past I’d have thought nothing of it beyond a kind word from a stranger, but with the hope to meet new queer friends on my mind, these moments have made me wonder if there’s some secret code or policy that some queer folks subscribe to when it comes to acknowledging or reaching out to others they suspect are members of the club, and I’m experiencing it for the first time as a New QueerTM. I’d have thought nothing of it beyond a kind word from a stranger,とwith the hope to meet new queer friends on my mindの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

you kind of caught me of guard with some of your questions. How can I know that there are not other things you havent told me? I don't want to doubt you have given me a reason to be skeptical (wonder about it). It's difficult and kind of unfair that I developed feelings for you before you told me about it. I focus on making the best of each day and letting things happen over time. I don't think I can handle that kind of guilt. I guess I am kind of an independent spirit/person so it takes me a while to really open up and say the kinds of things that you asked me about.

• 和訳お願いします!!

和訳お願いします!! Revenues(called "turnover" in British Commonwealth countries)represent the total value that a company receives in exchange for providing services or selling goods to customers. This "total value" can take two forms: cash,or the customer's promise to pay cash in the future. For this reason, a company's total revenue for a period is not necessarily equal to the total amount of cash received by the company during the period. On an income statement covering a year ending on December 31, for example, total revenue may include some sales made on credit in November or December but not collected in cash until January. If revenue is earned from the sale of goods to customers,it is called sales. If it is earned from providing services to customers, it is called fees earned. Some companies have both types of revenue. Chevron,for example,records sales from the sale of gasoline and tires, and fees earned from automobile maintenance and repairs. Other companies have only one type of revenue:sales in a grocery store,for example,or fees earned in a video rental store. Expenses are the costs incurred by a company in the process of generating its revenues. And like revenues,expenses are recorded whether they are paid in cash immediately,or taken on credit to be paid in the future. Acompany that pays its workers their salaries on the fifth of each month for work done during the past month would pay its workers on January 5 for work done in December,but it would record this"salary expense" in December. よろしくお願いします(>_<)

• 和訳がわかりません

As a rule,in the case of lodgings of whatever kind they may be,low prices mean poor quality, whether of service,food, or accommodations. この場合のwhateverやwhetherの品詞がわからず、うまく和訳できません。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

"I have never come close to being married or engaged. I was with someone eight years ago when I questioned whether I wanted the pressure of being married or having children. I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen, it would happen; if it didn't, it didn't...I have security, I don't need a man in my life.” 某アーティストのインタビューからの抜粋です。特に最後の文に度々出てくる“it”は、それぞれ何を指すのかがわかりません。 やや急いでいます。お願いします!