The Meaning of Key Phrases in a Conversation

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of key phrases from a conversation: 'we need to present a united front', 'you got a great bed side manner', and 'semblance of a life'
  • The conversation between Jimmy and Julie revolves around their strained relationship and their children. They discuss issues like presenting a united front, inappropriate behavior, blame, and custody.
  • The phrases 'we need to present a united front' and 'you got a great bed side manner' refer to the way Jimmy and Julie should work together and handle their situation. 'Semblance of a life' implies the desire to provide some stability and normalcy for their children.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

わからない英文が数個あります

下記の会話文にある、 "we need to present a united front" "you got a great bed side manner" "semblence of a life" の意味を教えてください。 動画- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRm9Nsn-dwQ&feature=related 1分41秒から。 Jimmy: Strong sedative huh Julie: Yeah, she needs to sleep and we need to talk. Look um Jimmy, you and I we need to present a united front. It's hard enough this forcing us to be in the same room together. Jimmy: Thanks Jules, you got a great, great bed side manner Julie: Calling the Cohens this morning was completely inappropriate. You know I don't like that Brian Jimmy: Ryan Julie: I don't want him anywhere near Marissa Jimmy:Marissa said it was an accident, ok there's-there's no one to blame Julie: well that's a convenient position to take considering you're the one who let her go to Tijuana in the first place Jimmy: Oh, so uh now it's my fault? Julie: You're the one who destroyed this family Jimmy, you lied to us, you stole money from your clients and your friends. Why do you think she took all those pills? Jimmy:You cannot honestly believe that Julie: I left her in your care for one weekend and look what happened...which is why I'm asking the judge for sole custody Jimmy: Julie, come on, you can't Julie: Getting the girls away from you is my only chance to give them back some semblance of a life, and if you fight me on this I'll take you to court and you'll be lucky if you even get supervised visitation Jimmy: Yeah well you're gonna have to because.I am not giving up my kids Julie: You may not have a choice. I'm going back to check on Caitlyn and the sitter. You should get cleaned up, you're a wreck

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1.ジュリー「、、、あなた(=ジミー)とわたしは、同じ側に居るってことを見せなきゃだめよ」   present a united front は、もとの意味は下記のように「共同戦線を張る」なんですが、ここでは、「バラバラでなくて、同じ立場に私たちがいることを強調する」「味方同士だってことを見せる]と言った意味になります。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/present+a+united+front/UTF-8/ 2。ジミー「ジュリー、ありがとう、あなたの患者扱いはそれはそれは堂に入ったもんだ」 bedside manner「寝台の側での立ち居振る舞い」(医者などの)患者扱い。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/bedside+manner/UTF-8/ 3。「人生の外見」> (内容はどうあれ)見かけだけでもどうやら普通の人生(が送れることになる、、、) semblance 「外見」「見かけ」というのが現意ですが、うわべだけの、という意味になります。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/semblance/UTF-8/  どういう場所で会話が行われているのか、(一言も言わないが)誰が聞いているのか,といったことがわかるので、動画は非常に参考になります。  僕の説明が不十分なら、補足で聞き直してください。

関連するQ&A

• わからない英文があります

Jimmyの言ったno you don't はどう訳すのがベストですか? Julie: hey, congratulations. looks like you got yourself a job huh Jimmy: oh yeah Caleb couldn't have been nicer when he said...there was no way he could hire me Julie: well, hate to say I told you so Jimmy: no you don't

• わからない英文があります

一番最後にrobbyが言った"we stop your allowance you take that down to the bank"の意味を教えてください。 MILEY (Shouts) I need a raise in my allowance! ROBBY (Taken aback) What? MILEY I know you just gave me one, but I'm sixteen now. I mean you can trust me with a car, and you can't trust me with just a little Hannah money! I mean, I'm not talking crazy cash, just like a ten ... or a twenty. ROBBY How's five thousand dollars sound? MILEY (Shocked) what? ROBBY (As he puts his plate on the bench and goes to get a cheque) Yeah, I mean you are getting older. You do work hard for your money. You're a responsible young lady, and dang-flab-it! I think you deserve it. MILEY I do? I mean - (changes tone to more suitable approach, tuts) yeah, I do! (gets excited) I am totally responsible enough to hand five thousand smack-e-rooneys! ROBBY (Hands her the cheque) Alright then. I say first thing tomorrow morning we stop your allowance you take that down to the bank and open up your very own checking account.

• わからない英文があります!

わからない英文があります! Tina: Put that thing away, Kirsten. Kirsten:I'm sorry. Put a bid in on a new development. The counter offer is outrageous. Karen: We're here to relax. Just because you have a job. Julie:She's lucky she has a career. Well, I mean, it's not luck. You're very hard worker. God knows I could use my own income right about now. Okay. Let's just say that I better enjoy the weekend because I won't be back for a while. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Julie: You're right. I know. It's just... what else can I do? Karen: I have the name of a GREAT attorney. Tina: Ooh. A good attorney could really help Jimmy. Karen: It's for Julie. To divorce his sorry ass. Kirsten: Girls. This isn't helping Julie relax. Isn't that why we're here? この英文の意味を教えてください↓ *God knows I could use my own income right about now. *I have the name of a GREAT attorney.

• これを和訳すると何て書いてありますか?

Let This Go I think I'm need, of a quiet walk home And as we step forward we would rather be alone So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。 onsen

A:Hello,.How may I help you? B:I’d like to take a hot spring bath here. A:Thank you. Could you buy a ticket at the ticket machine because the fee is to be paid in advance? After getting it, please receive your shoe locker key at the reception and leave your shoes in a shoe locker,and then, we’ll give you a locker key and keep your shoe key while you’re in this facility. Finally, please keep in mind that when you get out of the building, make sure to give your locker key back to our staff at the front desk .Then we’ll hand you the shoe key we keep for you. we’ll give you a locker key and keep your shoe key while you’re in this facility.の部分はwe'll keep your shoe key while you’re in this facility in exchange for giving you a locker key とすることは可能でしょうか? また、Then(文頭)なのですが、この用法は副詞で「そのあとで~をお渡しします」との理解でよろしいでしょうか? 意訳をつけて説明して頂ければありがたいです。

• 英文訳お願いします

iPhoneから送信 2014/04/03 9:45、Tapjoy Customer Service<mobilehelp@support.tapjoy.com> のメッセージ: Hello and thank you for reaching out to us! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can help, and it will be my pleasure to assist you. I am sorry to hear of the trouble you've experienced in taking offers and not receiving your virtual currency quickly. In order to get that resolved for you, I just need a little help from you. We will need one of the following information (some may not apply): 1a) If you made a purchase or signed up for a service, we will need your confirmation email, billing invoice, or welcome email. 1b) When making a purchase or signing up for a service, you provided an email address when registering for this offer. Please provide us with that e-mail address. 2) If taking an offer that requires you to call for information, please provide the number you called FROM (your mobile number) as well as the date/time of your call. 3) If the offer you attempted was to download and run an app, please provide us with a screenshot of the app running on your device. Once we have this, we'll be able to get you credited right away. Again, thank you for reaching out to Tapjoy Customer Service. We look forward to your response so we can resolve this for you. Regards, Edwin Scott Tapjoy Customer Support mobilehelp@tapjoy.com www.tapjoy.com Ticket Details Ticket ID: 7532123

• 歌詞の直訳を教えてください

アヴリルの歌「SMILE」の英語歌詞の直訳を どなたかしていただけないでしょうか?? 直訳を調べなければいけないのですが ネットで探しても、わかりやすく要訳された日本語訳しかでてきませんでした お願いいたします You know that I'm a crazy bitch I do what I want, when I feel like it All I wanna do is lose control But you don't really give a shit Ya go with it, go with it, go with it 'Cause you're fuckin' crazy rock n' roll You said Hey what's your name? It took one look and now I'm not the same Yeah, you said hey And since that day, You stole my heart and you're the one to blame Yeah [chorus] And that's why I smile It's been a while Since everyday and everything has felt this right And now You turn it all around And suddenly you're all I need The reason why I smile Last night I blacked out, I think. What did you, what did you put in my drink? I remember making out and then Oh oh I woke up with a new tattoo Your name was on me and my name was on you I would do it all over again You said Hey (hey) what's your name? (what's your name?) It took one look and Now I'm not the same Yeah, you said hey (hey) And since that day, (since that day) You stole my heart and you're the one to blame [chorus] And that's why I smile. It's been a while Since everyday and everything has felt this right And now You're turning it all around And suddenly you're all I need The reason why I smile The reason why I smile You know that I'm a crazy bitch I do what I want, when I feel like it All I wanna do is lose control You know that I'm a crazy bitch I do what I want, when I feel like it All I wanna do is lose control [chorus] And that's why I smile It's been a while Since everyday and everything has felt this right And now You're turning it all around And suddenly you're all I need The reason why I smile The reason why (The reason, the reason, why) I smile The reason why I smile

• わからない英文があります

わからない英文があります 全文(倒産したJが弁護士(友人)のSと相談している場面): J: Won't these costs be covered by chapter eleven? S: Well, filing for bankruptcy isn't going to make this thing go away. The U.S. Attorney's office is involved in this now. They'll push for fraud and unauthorized transactions. J: Yeah, so, they find me. And I go back to work. And I make it all back. S: Four million dollars? Unless you plan on going to the track and getting *really* lucky... J: Look. If you don't want to do this - S: You're going to lose your series seven license.It's really important that you understand the predicament you're in. J: Look. I get it from my wife every day. My daughters won't talk to me. I got my ass kicked in front of everyone at the most elegant event of the year. I get it. Okay, man. I, I, I definitely understand. ↓の文の意味を教えてください! *They'll push for fraud and unauhthorized transactions. *And I make it all back *Unless you plan on going to the track *You're going to lose your series seven license *I got my ass kicked

• この英文を和訳して頂けませんか。

In order to do this, we shall debit your card account within the next 24 hours a small amount of money (less than 」2.00 GBP). You will need to contact your card issuer and verify this payment (which will appear as a payment to Linepick Ltd T/A Bodyactive). Once you have spoken with your card issuer, you should reply to this email with the amount that was debited from your account. We will then debit your account the remainder of the payment and ship your goods.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送の事でメールがきました。すみませんがいっみを教えてくれませんか?お願いいたします。 I think you miss understood me. You said using your fedex to ship items and we are providing AAA. So where do we need to take this items (fedex location?)?