The Elusive Nature of Time

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Time is a complex notion that cannot be defined, but only measured and described.
  • Metaphors like 'the wheels of time' and 'the winds of time' help to make time more tangible.
  • Ultimately, time remains a mysterious and abstract concept that we try to understand.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削おねがいします。

Time is a complex notion. Nobody really knows what time is. We can measure time. We can describe time. We can study time as a grammatical classification,but we cannot define it. Like little Elizabeth,we want to transform this abstract concept into a concrete reality. We often talk about time as if it were an object or person that could be seen,felt or heard:the wheels of time(spin or turn),the winds of time(blow or whistle),time will tell.These metaphors remove some of the mystery,and change time into something real. 時間は複雑な概念である。誰も実際の時間は知らない。私たちは時間を測ることができ、時間を言葉で言うことができる。私たちは言葉の分類として時間を時勢で研究することができる。しかし、定義することはできない。エリザベスのように私たちは中傷的な概念を具体的な現実に変えたい。ここまでなんとか訳したのですがそこからがよくわかりません。訳した文章もよくわからない部分があるのでいい訳があったら教えて下さい。ちなみにthe wheels of timeは時間を輪(車)にたとえて隠喩、the winds of timeは時間を風に例えた隠喩、time will tell は「時がたてばわかる」時を擬人化した隠喩です。

• rinmu
  • お礼率7% (4/52)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

前半部分はできています。一部言葉を修正すればもっとよくなります.たとえば、 「時間は複雑な概念である。誰も本当のところ時間とは何か知らない。私たちは時間を測ることができるし、時間を言葉で言うことができる。私たちは文法的な分類として時間を時制として勉強することができる。しかし、時間を定義することはできない。エリザベスのように私たちはこの抽象的な概念を具体的な現実へと変えたい。」 「時制」、「抽象的」以外はほとんどそのまま使えます. 後半部分についてもお手持ちの手がかりを使って以下のようにできます。 「私たちはしばしばまるで時間が見たり感じたり聞いたりできる物体や人であるかのように時間について語る.たとえば「時の車(紡いだり回したり)」「時の風(吹き過ぎたり警笛を鳴らしたり)」あるいは「時が自ら語るだろう」といった具合に。これらの隠喩は時間の持つ神秘性をいくらかは取り去ってくれ、何か現実的なものに変えてくれる。」 ご参考になれば幸いです.

関連するQ&A

• 添削よろしくお願いします

自分で英作してみたおですが、まわりに添削してくれる人がいないので、添削をしてもらいたくて投稿しました。以下がそれです。      Candies and chewing gums are loved by a lot of people of the world. There are some differences between them and we often receive influence from the some differences. First, a candy melts on our tongue as time go. It is disappeared from in our mouth after a few minutes. On the other hand, chewing gums don't melt even if we continue to chew. When we finish chewing it, we must throw away. Another differences is that ingredient is different. Candies are made from suger. The taste is so sweet. In the meantime, gum is not food but it is ingredient of chewing gums. We should not swallow it. Finally, we can find a new distinction of them. It is how to eat. When we eat candy, we roll it over on our tongue. We can enjoy the taste during we lick it. In contrast, when we eat a stick of chewing gum, we chew it and we can enjoy the rubbery texture for a long time. When we eat candies or chewing gums, these differences affect the personal choice. 文法的な誤りや、内容が理解しにくく、こういう形にかえれば良いなどがあれば教えてもらいたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文を添削して下さい。

以下の英文を添削して下さい。 借金の返済を受け取りに行く海外の相手にメールで送ります。 -------------------------------------------------------- 私たちは次回10月または11月初めに返済金を受け取りにあなたのオフィスを訪問したいです。 私たちの訪問の都合の良い時期を教えて下さい。 返答があり次第飛行機の予約を取ります。 We want to visit your office to recieve repayment on October or the beginning of Novenmber next time. Please tell us a convenient period for us to visit. We will reserve the flight depending on your answer.

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think you should force yourself to smile even when you feel unhappy? Why why not? Write a passage of 5 sentences in English explaining your answer. に対する私の英作です。 I think I should force myself to smile even when I feel unhappy. It is not good that we feel unhappy for a long time. We need to change unhappy into happy. I belive the action can control feeling. If I force myself to smile, I will become feel happy. 宜しくお願いします(>_<)

• 英文を教えて下さい。

すみません。下記の英文を教えてくれませんか?多分ライセンスの事なのですがいまいちわかりません。お願いします。 I wish you the best and wishing for better 2015 as our efforts are now combined. I’m not just speaking of the character that I had sent or the company that owns the character rights, we’re looking for many different Anime characters that we can use but when we tell them we want to use for mass manufacturing they usually ask for lot of money. We want to find a company that handles many licensing or copyrights to many Anime characters so we can just purchase the image (one flat rate, no royalty or commission base if possible). Once we find the company, we can go through their Anime characters that they want to sell for AAA print use but we don’t have to tell them it is for a huge quantity as they will think we will make millions which is not true. Do you know what I mean?

• よろしければ添削してください。

こんにちわ。 僕は日本語みて英作するのがすごく苦手なので、 お時間があれば、どなたか添削してください。 日本語はオリジナルなので少し恥ずかしいですが。。。 できるだけ、簡単な文法でお願いします。 ~環境について~ 【日本語】 昔と比べて沢山の木が切られて環境が悪くなったと思います。 切られた木は紙や鉛筆になります。 僕はそれを防ぐため微力ながらシャーペンを使っています。 僕たちにできるのは、こんな些細なことをこまめに実行することだと思います。 そうすれば、環境にやさしくて地球を長持ちさせられるからです。 【英語】 I think that environmental becoming bad because a lot of trees were cut. Cut tree will become paper or pencil. I used a mechanical pencil because I want to prevent it. I think that we can practice such a thing. The Earth can live long if we do. ごめんなさい。僕の力ではこれが限界です。 抜けてる部分もありますが、よろしくお願いします><

• 添削お願いします

私はこの主張(高校を卒業したら親から独立すべきだ)に賛成です。 まず私は大学では自分で考える習慣を身につけるべきだと考えます。 私達は一人暮らしをすると、今まで他の誰かにやってもらってた事も 自分でやらねばなりません。 そして、そのとき、私達は今までの知識から、知恵を生み出さなくてはなりません。 それらの知識は社会にでたときに役立ちます。 しかし、多かれ少なかれ一人暮らしには短所もあるといえる。 ほとんど勉強しなくなるかもしれない事です。 これらが私の主な意見です。 I agree to this opinion. First of all,I think,in campus life, we have to get a habit of thinking by myself. As we live alone,in life, we should do almost everyting most of them were done by someone ever before. So,then,we have to make wisdom from our knowledge. These wisdom help us anyway when we graduate from school and get into society. But,it can also be said living alone have more or less risks. In living alone,some people whould spent time playing and whould not study well. These are my chief opinion. 色々とひどいと思いますが、お願いします。

• 英作文の添削お願いします

問題  Write your answer in English giving at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with it. Space exploration is a waste of money. 答え    I think space exploration is a waste of money. You may say that there are potential benefits which you will obtain in exploring it. However, it is only about 50years since human beings got tp the surface of the moon, so it is seemed to me that it will take great time, therefore, it will cost too much money until we surely make a great success exploring it. Also,we have many problems which we should pay money for, such as solving environmental problem, the poverty in developing countries. These problems must be solved as early as possible. In my conclusion, we pay money for something else rather than the unreliable projects.

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

次の話題について70語程度の英文で書きなさい。 「地球を汚さないために私たちに出来ること」 There are many things which we can do to protect the earth. One of the easiest things is not to use disposables as much as possible. This will help to reduce a waste of natural resources. Another is taking a shopping bag when we go shopping. This also will play a part in reducing unnecessary plastic bags. Each of us keeps in mind these things, then the earth's condition will be better. 論旨の展開はうまくつながっていますでしょうか?あと表現として一つ目の例に使い捨て用品の無駄遣いを完全にやめるのは無理と思い、とりあえず「できるだけ」と入れたのですがここでas 【much】 as は大丈夫でしょうか? 最後に文章の構成についてですが「あなたの意見を述べなさい」といった課題ではなく、こうした「~できることを述べなさい」といったような自分の主観を述べるような文章でなければ(作文である以上主観的ですが...)結論部分は要らないのでしょうか?正直私は自由英作として「主張→サポート→結論」という枠組みしかもっていなくてどうもどこかでうまくいかなかったりします。 長々と質問まで付け加えてしまいましたが、添削についてはザッとでも構いませんのでよろしくお願いします!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

5,000 + Notes - Signed CD, signed hand-written lyric sheet, singed 11x17 poster, signed set list, and a Video/audio acoustic performance of any song (cover or original) of your choice. Video and wav file will be emailed directly to you. Allow us a few days or a few short weeks to record and deliver it (each song is different and we want to make sure we put 100% into the performance). It will be exclusively yours! 25,000 + Notes - All previous prizes + Acoustic house concert or full band electric if PA (and backline if we are not passing through on tour) is provided. We will perform and hang at your home or at any location that you desire within the next 8 months. We can figure out a time that is convenient for all. If you're located outside of North America, then we can work it into our tour schedule. We'll cover travel expenses.

• 添削してください

「最後には欲深い人間達にシシ神の首は切り落とされますが、その後、森は闇に包まれ破壊されてしまいます。しかし首が戻った時には不老不死の力の影響なのか、草花がどんどんと成長していき枯れた木も元に戻ります。 つまりシシ神の影響は、姿を無くしても衰えていないという事がわかります。 それは言い換えれば、地球がある限り、その自然の生命は衰えず、いつでも人間の脅威にもなりうるだろうし、または生命の息吹にもなるのでしょう。 この映画は、人間の生き方を問いかける映画のように思えた。」 In the end of this movie, the head of Shishigami cut off by the greedy humans, after that the forest is wrapped in darkness and destroyed. However, when the head returns it is the influence of the power of immortality, the flower grows steadily and the dead trees returns to its original state. That is to say, we can see that the influence of Shishigami is not weakening even if it lose its appearance. In other words, as long as the earth exists, the life of natural will not wane, it can become a human threat anytime, or it will be the breath of life. This movie seemed like a movie asking people how to live life. (・「よく深い人間」をthe greedy humansとしました。) (・「不老不死の力」をthe power of immortalityとしました。) すみません。少し長いのですが、こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。