• 締切済み

Just ran by the old building and loan. Wished it a merry Christmas. Also gave it

Just ran by the old building and loan. Wished it a merry Christmas. Also gave it a billion dollars. Feels good! どういう意味ですかこれ

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

「昔の家と借金を通り過ぎた.メリー・クリスマスと言った。そしてそれ(古いローンの残っている家)に(ここまで二度繰り返し) 1兆(イギリスなら)/10億(アメリカなら)ドルやった。いい気持ちだ。」 という意味でしょうかね。

the-ugly
質問者

お礼

繰り返しじゃないです。 質問文に入りきらなかっただけです

関連するQ&A

• It is also full of nutrition, using, as it does, eggs, bacon and grated cheese.

先日行われた東工大の前期入試・英語大問IIの本文に次の英文がありました。スパゲッティーの話です。第2文の後半 using, as it does, eggs, bacon (or ham in some variations) and grated cheese.のas it does,のところはどう理解すればいいんでしょうか? Spaghetti alla carbonara is a solid dish that fills you up like no other similar pasta. It is also full of nutrition, using, as it does, eggs, bacon (or ham in some variations) and grated cheese. (全文はhttp://www.yozemi.ac.jp/nyushi/sokuho/sokuho05/tokyokogyo/zenki/index.htmlを開いて問題のIIをクリックしてください) 例えば、 Standing as it does on the hill, the church has the good command of the whole city. のas it does と同じような使い方だと思うのですが。一種の強調といった感じなのでしょうか? asは接続詞でしょうか?いくつか英和辞書でasを引いてみたんですが、よくわかりませんでした。

• 「not only A but also B 」について

「not only A but also B 」について質問します。 「not only A 」のA部分と「 but also B 」のB部分には 何が入りますでしょうか。調べたところ、色々なパターンが あり、複雑に感じてしまいました。 また「~, but it also tastes good.」と、( but also B ) でなくbut also の間に主語が入るのも、理解できないでいます。 教えて頂けませんでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。

• 文章の構文が分かりません

Japan Timesのだいぶ前の記事の文章で、構文が分からないところがあります。 マツダに関する記事で、 Mazda, which raised \93.3billion in a share sale in 2009, forecast Thursday that if will post a \100 billion loss in the year ending March 31, five times the deficit it projected earlier and more than twice the \46 billion loss forecast by average of 19 analyst estimates compiled by Bloomberg. 以下の部分の文章の切れ目が分かりません。 ~,five times the deficit it projected earlier ~ five times the deficit / it projected earlier itの前で切れるんでしょうか?five times the deficitっていう名詞句はありえるのでしょうか?

• 英語のlet ue(let's)について

The annual growth of the IT industry in India is 32% per annum, and it now earns 39 billion dollars. It is expected to reach 50 billion dollars by 2010. Let us take a closer look at the factors relating to the phenomenal growth grown of Indian information technology. この文のLet us take a closer lookの部分に注目して下さい。 私は、この文は It let us take a closer lookの省略かと思いました。なぜなら、そうでなければ文型としておかしいと思ったからです。ですが、英語の先生は「どの文も文型に当てはまるとは限らない。だって、let'sで始まる文とか命令文とかどう説明すればいいの」と言ってきました。この文の主語について尋ねたら「主語なんていつもあるとは限らない」と言ってきました。 私は、この文の主語は省略されたItだと思いました。そうすれば前の文とも繋がると思ったからです。最初、私はsvooの文かと思ってtakeを名詞の意味で引いて「見方、見解」といった意味に捉えました。ですが、先生は動詞だと言っていました。(今は、it let us. it take a closer lookの省略?と考えています) なので、この文はsvoかsvooのどちらかのパターンか尋ねたかったのですが、先生はそれに答える事が出来なかったので、この場を借りて質問をします。 1.この文の主語は省略されたItか 2.この文はsvoか、svooか 3.takeは名詞の用法で引いた意味で良いのか 4.takeが動詞の場合、これもまた何かが省略されているのか 以上の4点をお願いします より細かく、ネイティブの気持ち等を汲み取ったりして細かく説明して頂ける分には大いに構いません。

• 『The Lovebirds』1

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 But one day, when the children had gone, and Old Dinah was nodding in the sun, something lovely happened. The door of the lovebirds' cage had been left open a little by accident, and one of them got out. Old Dinah, asleep on her corner, didn't see. But Susan, awake on hers, did see. She saw the little green bird hop from its perch and flutter to the pavement. She saw it run along the kerb a little way, and she saw a thin cat crouch in the gutter. Susan's heart gave such a jump that it made her body jump too. She jumped before the cat did, and ran across the road crying, "Shoo!" ******************** Susan's heart gave such a jump that it made her body jump too.のところはどうやって読むのでしょうか? such~that構文だと思うのですが、 スーザンの気持ちは非常にジャンプを与えたので、彼女の体もジャンプさせた、ですか? なんとなくしっくりこない感じです。 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳してください!

It maybe, that,in his edition of the Bible, he had more closely followed the version of Tyndale than he had wished, and pressure for the time had induce him to make the New Tastement much less of a new transelation than those portions of the Old had been, which Tyndale also had rendered into English. 自分でもやっては見たんですが、最後のwhich以下がどこに つながっているのかわかりません。。。お願いします。

• 英語の翻訳ソフトで翻訳したら意味が分かりませんでした。英語に詳しいい方お願いします。

英語の翻訳ソフトで翻訳したら意味が分かりませんでした。英語に詳しいい方お願いします。 こちらの翻訳をお願いします。↓↓ my dear but is hard to cross the custom in this way ...aal in a pack is very big to send....i want to pay also some other dollars to shpi bt you can send me with a courrier like fed ex tnt dhl?a courrier you know certaneyly pass custom with out problem....please HELP ME MY DEAR I WANT TO DO A NEW GOOD BUSINNES BY YOU,,,IF ALL IS GOOD THIS TIME I CONTINUE TO BUY BAG FROM YOU PROMISE :)

• 英語 訳してください

お願いします。 Floppy's the HERO A fire engine went by. there was a fire. everyone ran to see. 'Get back,' said a fireman. A barn was on fire. A little dog ran to the barn. She barked and barked. Floppy ran to the barn. He jumped in the window. 'Get Floppy,' said Chip. The firemen pushed the door down. Floppy ran out. He had some puppies. Everyone looked at Froppy. 'What a good dog!' everyone said. What a hero!

• この英文は正しいのですか?

中学3年生の家庭教師をしていて、市販の問題集を一緒に解いていたところ、疑問が生じたので質問させていただきます。 受け身形の単元で、AとBの会話中の穴埋め問題です。 付属の回答によると、 A:I hear this building is very old. How old is it? B:It (was) (built) forty years old. となっていたのですが、この文章は正しいのでしょうか? 私の考えでは、受身形とするならばold→agoなどにすべきなのでは?と思いました。 また、回答を見ずに自分で考えたときには(is) (about)としました。 私は上の文章に違和感を感じたのですが、もし回答通りで大丈夫なのでしたら簡単な説明をつけていただけると嬉しいです。 あと、私独自の回答ではNGでしたらそちらについても理由をよろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳してもらえませんか?<part3>

People in other areas also wanted to find ways to do something. Some of them actually gave a helping hand to the victims by clearing the streets and serving hot meals.