• ベストアンサー

相手は何を伝えたいのか?聞いているのか?

私は拙い英語力で海外バイヤーと車の売買をしております。 今回、私の所有車に対してコンタクトがあり、今のところ相手からは価格面での相談しかきていませんでした。 そこへ、 Before I make an offer the navigation in the car can the language be changed to english before it is shipped to me. とメールして来ました。 "in the car can"の"car"は相手のミスだと思い、船舶手配と契約締結のタイミングに関する事を伝えてきているのかな?とは感じています。しかし契約書に関する話はこれまで一切していない中で"the language be changed to english before it is shipped to me."と書かれてどう相手に返信したらよいか困惑しています。 尚、相手はフランス語圏の人です。 私としては契約書は価格が決まればメールで送る、契約金額の入金が確認されたら船舶の手配をする。契約書は英語で作成すると、返信しようと考えているのですが、的はずれでしょうか? 何卒、宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.2

単にカンマが抜けているのでしょう。 「Before I make an offer, the navigation in the car, can the language be changed to english before it is shipped to me?」つまり「契約の話をする前に(確認したいのですが)、カーナビ(のこと)ですが、出荷前に(カーナビの)言語を英語に替えておいていただくことはできますか?」と言いたいのだと思います。 Do you mean that you want "the car navigation system" changed to English before shipping? くらい簡単な表現にしたうえで、相手に確認のメールを送るといいでしょう。

osanem
質問者

お礼

カンマが抜けているだろうとは思ったのですが、そもそも"navigation"を自分でややこしく解釈しようとしてしまいました。 有難うございました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.1

カーナビオプションを発注する前に聞きたいのですが、船積み前にカーナビの言語を英語に変えてもらうことはできますか? だと思います。 Please let me confirmなど言って相手に確認してみてください。 Do you ask whether the language in the navigation system can change before shipment? とか

osanem
質問者

お礼

あ~恥ずかしい。 "navigation"を自分でややこしく解釈してしまいました。 有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 相手からこのようは返信が来たのですが

ebayで出品者の相手から hey. just letting you now i sent the game out first class mail to the address you put on paypal. they said postage time can vary. id say give it at least 2 weeks to be safe. please let me know when you receive it ok. many thanks, と来たので、 「いつでも受け取ることが出来ます」と 返信したら Yah I'm just worried cause your new to ebay. If you can please leave me pos feedback once you receive. Many thanks, と相手から返信が来たのですが、 どういう意味なのでしょうか。 どなたかお分かりになられる方は いらっしゃいますでしょうか。 すみませんが、宜しくお願い致します。

• butとthoughの使い分け

Though walking my dog is good fun, it sometimes can be stressful to me.は Walking my dog is good fun but it sometimes can be stressful to me.に書き換え可能ですか?

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m

It is easy to say that English will be the dominant language of the 21st century. After all, it is the main language of the world's biggest economy, the United States, and the common language of business. A large percent of the information on the Internet is in English, and worldwide, many countries are rushing to learn English, since they regard it as vital for economic success.For example, English is the working language of the Asian trade group ASEAN. ln addition, in Malaysia English recently replaced Malay as the language used to teach mathematics and science in schools. The dream of many is that English will develop into a truly global language so that wherever we go, we can understand and be understood. This would ease cultural misunderstandings, encourage tourism, enable trade to work smoothly,reduce the conflict between nations, and lead to a more peaceful world. たくさん投稿しますが、よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• この英文の翻訳手伝ってください!

I think 『I am attracted to girls who can look past the surface.』 I like to talk and I am usually attracted to someone I can be open and honest with. Also someone who can be the same. Someone who can just be real. Hope you understand. That's bad english (dont think you'll find it in a dictionary) but it means: Someone I can be myself with and someone who can be them self around me. ほとんど意味は分かるのですが、『』の部分の英文の意味がよくわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• An aquarium would be a very romantic place for us to go to.

質問ですが、訳を教えてください well maybe we can go together. We should not let the language come betwen was. I can teach u english and u can teach me japaneese. An aquarium would be a very romantic place for us to go to. 一緒に行こう。私たちは・・・・・私はあなたに英語を教える。あなたは私に日本語を教えて。水族館は私たちがいく・・・・・とてもロマンティックな場所だ ただしい訳を教えてください

• 意味を教えてください

The basic point is that you've got to be before you can do, and do before you can have. You've got to be the right kind of person and do the right thing in order to have balanced success in all areas of life. Once we've reestablished the fact that good foundational qualities are the successful beginning of all car. この文のThe basic point is that you've got to be before you can do, and do before you can have. はどんな意味になるのでしょうか?教えてください、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 訳して下さい。

知り合いから連絡きました。 翻訳してください。おねがします。 (1)Are you open mined or conservative? (2)let’s get to know each other I can help with your English and if we like each other we can think about it. (3)It would to be to talk in english and Japanese Have fun. Enjoy and build up trust. (it would to be to~文法がわかりません。教えてください。)

• 英問英答(3)ラスト

So today, to have learned English means to have your own rights as one of the users of the language. And it is just as likely that the future course of English will be influenced by second or foreign language speakers of English as by native speakers. Language learners will be facing these World Englishes, and they will develop a sense of international standards of English ―as well as their national norms of English, which are currently the focus of learning. It may not be many years, however, before an international standard becomes the starting-point for every learner of English, with British, American, and other varieties all seen as optional versions of English. 【questions】 What does “to have learned English” mean? What will learners of English develop when they face World Englishes? 二問ありますがおねがいします!

• 教えてください!

to write is to plan and produce language so that it can be read. このplanという単語は計画で訳していいですか? それとも違う意味ですか?

• It may be thatのItはthat以下を指す形式主語ですか?

It is often possible to make known what one wants to and what he is thinking about by means of gesture, without the use of words, and it may be that men talked by signs before they used spoken language. ↑に含まれるこの分は形式主語ですか? 自分は、It may be that men talked by signs before they used spoken language. =That men talked by signs before they used spoken language may be.(that以下があり得る)という形式主語として解釈しましたが、人によっては漠然状況のitや、この文章より前の何かを示唆するitという人もいました。