• ベストアンサー

英語

Hapiness comes not <from general ideas >but <by living in the present.> でbutがつないでいるのは<>の部分であっていますか? 訳がいまいちなんですが、、、 幸運は一般的な考えからくるのではなく現在の生活である。 って変ですよね?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

Hapiness comes not from general ideas but by living in the present, [but]の位置はこれで間違い有りません。これ以外はありえません。 それよりも訳が一寸、、、 幸福は何かしら(ぼんやりと)と思えば生まれ来るのではなく、 今の生活を精一杯生きることから生まれ来る。 not but の構文は最初は取っつきにくいですが、慣れれば、説得力のある文章になりますから、、、、、どんどん読んで書いてみて下さい。 ついでに、これを、(個人的にはこんな説教めいたモンは私の好みじゃないですが)(関連した、単なる例文と言うことでご了解を賜ります様に) Learning English better comes not from your general idea but by studying in your daily life. 、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、

abcsuugaku
質問者

お礼

丁寧にありがとうございます!! 自分でもっと意訳できるように毎日英語を頑張ろうと思います

関連するQ&A

• 英訳(not only ~ but の挿入位置)を教えてください。

次の文を英訳したいのですが、not only, fromの挿入位置はどちらが 正しいでしょうか。または英訳は正しいでしょうか。 文法の説明も一緒に御説明いただけますでしょうか。 In this commercial, Alison, whose vivid beauty comes not only from her appearance but from within herself, shows her natural facial expressions as much as possible, in the costume she has never worn in the film. In this commerscial, Alison, whose vivid beauty comes from not only her appearance but within herself, shows her natural facial expressions as much as possible, in the costume she has never worn in the film. このコマーシャルに、外見だけではなく、内面から美しく輝いたアリソンが、限りなくありのままの素顔に近い表情や、これまでに見せたことのない衣装で登場します。

• この英文を日本語にしてください。

All canidates are corrupt. They do not support ideals in which I believe in. The current canidates promote general ideas that American people want to hear, but the canidates have their own plans behind their "good" facade. I do not have enough information on how the economy works or politics in general to make a good decision on a political canidate. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

All canidates are corrupt. They do not support ideals in which I believe in. The current canidates promote general ideas that American people want to hear, but the canidates have their own plans behind their "good" facade. I do not have enough information on how the economy works or politics in general to make a good decision on a political canidate.

• 英語についての質問

Naturally occurring (geologic process) • Produced in nature – i.e., geologically • Not from a factory – manufactured materials exits but, by definition, are synthetic (e.g., “synthetic diamonds”) という文章があったのですが、つまりここで言われているのは、 ダイヤモンド自体はmineral(鉱物)だが、合成ダイヤモンドはmineralではない、ということでしょうか?

• 英語の文章とその訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

In other words, in from and constitutional theory they ruled Japan not in their own sovereign right, but because the emperor had called on them to do so; from the outset they were supposed to be guardians of the nation as well as Tokugawa family chiefs. By the seventeenth century, of course, the office of shogun, together with its general prerogatives, was of respectable antiquity. 和訳 他の言い方をすれば、その形態と法制上の理論においては、彼らは自らの統治権において日本を支配していたわけではなく、あくまで天皇が彼らにそれを命じたという理由からである。もともとから、徳川家の将軍も含めて、彼らは国家の護衛役と考えられていたのである。当然の成り行きとして、17世紀までに、幕府は全般的な特権を合わせ持つ確固たる伝統となっていた。

• though の位置・・・

・・・are in full bloom now. By the time she comes over, though, I reckon they will all have fallen. 花が満開だが、彼女が来るときには散っちゃうだろうね、 といった文章ですが、 though の 位置がなぜここなのか分かりません。 花は今満開だ。彼女が来るまでには、「しかーし」散っちゃうね って感じで、変じゃないですか? なぜここなのでしょうか。By の前なら分かるのですが。 でも though は、but のような接続詞ではなく、副詞のようですね。 だからでしょうか? though を消して、 By の前に but を置くと、同様の意味になりますか?

• 英語の文を日本語にしてください。

(1)Japan`s trade with the outside world from the 14th to 16th centuries brought many new influences. Kabocha, the much-loved green-skinned pumpkin, was introduced via Cambodia by the Portuguese in the 16th century. (2)There are a few problems in Hawaii, but in general people have learned to live together in peace. They call Hawaii the Aloha State. Aloha means both hello and goodbye. よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を教えて下さい。

訳を知りたいのですが下記ので正しいでしょうか? Wisdom is rightfully attributed not to people who know what to look for in life but to people who know what to overlook. 「知恵は当然暮らしの中で何を探せばよいか知っている人ではなく、何を見落とせばいいのか知っている人に貢献される」 The best ideas arise from a passionate interest in commonplace things. 「平凡な物事の中で熱狂的な興味からベストな考えが生じる

• 自治医大英語入試問題です。

自治医大英語入試問題です。 (あ)の部分の質問です。 質問1 more low-context mainstream は、「文脈がなければないほど」という副詞節でしょうか。 支離滅裂な話は、何本もの直線に似ている、ということでしょうか。 質問2 この下線部の前の文章に比べて、この文がin general ならば、アメリカ人の考えは、何本もの 直線になることが多いということでしょうか。 質問3 アメリカ人は何本もの直線を結びつけずに、核心にたどり着くということでしょうか。論理を展開せずに、羅列して核心を説明するということでしょうか。 Differences in cultural values, logic, and thought patterns are often reflected in the very different ways Americans and Japanese organize and present information, ideas, and opinions. These differences lie at the root of many communication problems and exert a powerful influence on the process of persuasion, negotiation and conflict resolution. 1)The rules of logic established by the Greeks and Romans are widely accepted in Western cultures, but this Western logic is by no means universal. Logic is a product of culture, and many Asian cultures such as the Japanese operate under different logical assumptions. When Americans get confused and frustrated listening to Japanese, they often complain that the Japanese "just aren't logical," and seem incapable or unwilling to use traditional Western logic. This impression is largely due to cultural differences in reasoning and thought patterns.   2)From an early age, Americans are taught to be orderly in outlining their facts and in summarizing their main points according to a framework that reflects Western logical structures. The logical way of presenting ideas in the West could be called linear or “straight-line" logic, which emphasizes direct and explicit communication. The most important aspects of straight-line logic are organizing your presentation in outline form and “getting straight to the point." (あ)In general, more low-context mainstream American patterns of thought and presentation are *1analogous to lines because all parts of the message must be explicitly connected clearly and directly. But the Japanese do not learn to order their facts or present information and ideas in the same way. 参考http://edn.jp/makeprogress/Lesson07tra.pdf

• どのような意味でしょうか

To be quite honest, I'm having boy trouble, but not in the way that comes off. http://community.sparknotes.com/2016/03/15/auntie-sparknotes-my-friend-is-looking-at-me-in-a-sexual-way not in the way that comes offとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします