• ベストアンサー

英語についての質問

Naturally occurring (geologic process) • Produced in nature – i.e., geologically • Not from a factory – manufactured materials exits but, by definition, are synthetic (e.g., “synthetic diamonds”) という文章があったのですが、つまりここで言われているのは、 ダイヤモンド自体はmineral(鉱物)だが、合成ダイヤモンドはmineralではない、ということでしょうか?

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ちょっと重点がずれていますが、まあ、そういうことです。  自然にできる(地質上の過程)   自然環境の中で作られる ー すなわち地質学的に   工場産物ではない ー 人工物質は存在する、しかし、定義によれば、合成である。(例えば「合成ダイアモンド」)   

wxw
質問者

お礼

なるほど! 返信が遅くなってしまいすみません。 解決しました。 ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 至急英語の訳を教えてください!!

テスト勉強に必要な英語の訳がわかりません。 長文で量が多いですが、ご協力お願いします。 *plastic Plastics are produced from a variety of raw materials: wood, coal, petroleum, plants,vegetable juices, and proteins. In some respects, they are superior to comparable natural products because they are produced under scientifically controlled conditions and can be given specific properties not found in nature. *telescope The telescope had two major effects on astronomical observations: First, it allowed astronomers to see celestial objects with greater magnification. Second, it improved light-gathering power so that astronomers could see faint objects. In other word, astronomers using a telescope could see objects that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. *refrigerator In a refrigerator, the refrigerant, which is under low pressure, is evaporated in the evaporator. The latter is a coiled pipe mounted in the freezer compartment. The evaporation leads to a drop in temperature in the freezer compartment. A small compressor draws away the vapor, compresses it, and passes it to a condenser, where heat is given off. *black hole Any light emitted from the surface of the star is dragged back by the star's gravitational attraction before it can get very far. Many stars cannot be seen because the light from them does not reach us, and such objects are what we now call black holes. *airline Many airline routes have stages of less than one thousand, five hundred kilometers and smaller jet airliners have been designed specifically for such "short-haul" operations. These aircraft are nearly as fast as the larger jet airliners, but carry only about eighty passengers. The engines are sometimes located beneath a high tail plane. This reduces noise in the passenger cabin. Short-haul airliners should be able to take off from relatively short runways and to permit rapid turn around(i.e. servicing, refueling and exchange of passengers between flights.)

• 英語での質問者への質問です。

教えてgooに寄せられた質問に著作権利が発生するとすれば、「冠詞・前置詞」に関連した質問を探して、自分のデーターに加えるような研究は、質問者にとってはあまり気持ちのいいものでないと考えますか? 日本の「冠詞・前置詞」の研究があまり進んでいないように思えるのです。ただ、データーだけ多く並べて、「さあ、これを全部覚えろ」というような態度があるような気が・・・しかも、危ないところ(説明しにくい点)は触れないようにしているように見えて仕方がないのですが。。  ともかく、「教えてgooに寄せられた質問」を集めることは認められないというのなら、gooが質問を集めた本を発売すればいいんですが・・・その場合、サイトも記載してくれば、その本を頼りにして調べることも出来ると思うのですが・・・  似たような質問(単数と複数との違いなど)がどんどん来ているように思えて、日本の英語教育はたいして進歩していないんじゃないかと思っているのですが。英語学校へも行ったことがない私の感想に過ぎないかどうか知りませんが・・・(なにしろ、日本語でさえ独学してきた私ですから。)  この質問が記載してから1週間後には締め切るつもりです。

• 英語の質問です。

this is what the artist is hoping for to bring art unexpectedly into your life in such a way as to attract your attention and change your behavior. の訳が上手くできません。 教えてください。

• 英語の質問です。

the next moment you are intenscly alert . your senses focused on what is right in front of your eyes . you might be thinking, what is a polar bear doing sitting here on the street? ※うまく訳せません教えてください。

• 英語の質問です。

the artist has succeeded in breaking you out of your usual routine. he has led you to interact with the world on a deeper leyel. ※ 訳が日本語にならないです。教えてください。

• 英語についての質問

テストの話を友達とチャットでしていたのですが、 3つもテストがある、ということに対して、その授業は難しい?と聞きました。 そしたら返事が「I think so. But I'm studying a lot」ときました。 ここで使われているbut はどういう意味でしょうか? I don't think soならわかるのですが…

• 英語の質問

英語の質問 cannot ~のはずがない 明確な根拠に基づく推量では使えないとは要するにどういう事なのか詳しく教えてください(>人<;)

• 英語の質問

書類はもう送っていただいていますよね?と英文にしたいのですが、 Did you already send the document? 送付しました、と確認のメールが1ヶ月ほど前に届いたのですが、まだ書類が送られていません。 確認のために、もう一度送ってもらっているか聞きたいのですが、以上のような文面でいいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語についての質問

I think you described the main focus of each articles. 「あなたはそれぞれの記事の焦点を述べられていると思う」 と言いたいのですが、「~できていると思う」は I think you could describeでしょうか?それとも上記のような文でいいのでしょうか? 「~することができている」ということを言いたいのですが、どのような表現が適切でしょうか? わかる方教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語についての質問

今日、ミーティングルームは空いていますか? と英語で聞きたいです。 曜日によって鍵がかかっていない日と、鍵がかかっている日があります。 ですので、管理人さん?に空いているかききたいです。 Is the XX room open today? でいいでしょうか?