バースデーカードを英語で書いてみましたが・・・

このQ&Aのポイント
  • バースデーカードを英語で書く際のポイントとは?
  • 同姓の外国人の友達へのバースデーカードの書き方
  • 自然な英文を使ったバースデーカードのメッセージ例
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

バースデーカードを英語で書いてみましたが・・・

同姓(女性)の外国人の友達にバースデーカードを書いてますが 自信がありません。一部ですが、英語が得意な方、添削していただけると幸いです。もっと自然な英文があれば、ぜひ教えてください。 宜しくお願いします。 Here’s a birthday gift kit just for you. A schedule book & a pen, so you can write in lots of wonderful plans. An eraser, so you can make all your troubles disappear easily. A map, to lead you to the right way when you lost your way in your life. A powerful rubber band, it makes you stretch your possibility beyond your limits. あなたの限界を超えて可能性を伸ばさせる・・という文のつもりです・・・

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.1

実に素晴らしい原文だと思います。その上で、僕だったらこう書くかなということで、以下のようなアドバイスをさせて下さい: Here is a birthday gift kit I prepared just for you ... A schedule book and a pen, so you can draw lots of wonderful plans. An eraser, so you can make all your troubles go away right away. A map, so you can get back to the right path when you are lost. And finally a powerful rubber band, so you can stretch your possibility beyond limits. ・モノ以下を全て「so you can ~」で統一すると、格段に詞的になると思いますよ。 ・write でも良いのですが、drawとすると「(絵を)描くように」というニュアンスが出そうです。 ・go away right away は韻を踏むお遊びです。 ・possibility の代わりに imagination なども良いのかなと思ったり。 ご参考までに。

maimai88
質問者

お礼

自分の英文を少し柔らかく仕上げたかったので、大変参考になりました。 友達の誕生日に間に合う事ができました。 適切かつ迅速なご回答、感謝しています。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• eimei7
  • ベストアンサー率24% (23/94)
回答No.2

相手との関係によっては、保護者的(paternal)メッセージをあまり快く 思わない人もいるかも知れません。年齢が20や30離れていれば 大丈夫でしょうけど。 「あなたが人生に迷ったときは・・・」 「あなたの限界を超えて・・・」 ちょっと危ない気がします。自分ならば、とても慎重になる領域です。 だんだん英語ができるようになってきて、そろそろ痛い目に合い出す ころあいなのかも。 I know you are not a superstitous person. But what have you got to lose? Let's be superstitious for now, once a year, on this occasion. I selected four items that are supposed to bring you good luck, with each item representing its own unique meaning and role. A schedule book & a pen to help write in lots of wonderful plans. An eraser to help remove troubles in your life. A map to help guide you through difficult times. A powerful rubber band to help stretch your potential to the full. これで保護者的トーンはかなり消えたと思いますが、相手との関係に よっては、you を one に、your を one's に置き換えたりする方が より無難かもしれません。ただ、この通り書いた方がいいと言ってる わけじゃなく、あくまでも保護者的トーンをどう扱うかを心配している だけです。もう自分で文章は書けるわけですから、どこまでリスクを負 うかはmaimai88さんの判断です。

関連するQ&A

• 英語を日本語に訳して頂けますか??

自分では所々理解できず困っています...。 よろしくお願いします。 i will go to japan this summer always want to .... i will try to go there in my birthday so you can say happy birthday to me in person ... i be so happy really happy for you to be the first one to say it ...... :) and i be so glad for you to show me around..... and remember this,your emails and you are special to me ..... so please dont ever think that you are bother me ... I love you emails and love you! i am glad that you are special for me and hoping to see you soon .... You are so beautiful and sweet.

• 英語でHappy Birthdayを伝えたい。

外国人の男性友人のHappy Birthdayを英文でメッセージします。 添削をお願いしたいのと、参考アドバイス文書がありましたら、お伺いできますでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。 「Happy birthday. How is your birthday mood? I'm glad I met you. Hope you have a great day. 誕生日おめでとう。 誕生日の気分はどう? あなたと出会えた事に感謝。 素敵な今日を楽しんで。」

• 英語の翻訳をお願い致します‼

毎度申し訳ないですが、英語の得意な方、こちらの翻訳お願いできますでしょうか。宜しくお願い致します‼ Don't try so hard. I want you to enjoy your time when your bit working and take care if your horse. In happy the way you can speak english now. I think of you too and think if the happy day we spent together. I don't ever think about your english is bad so don't worry!!

• 英語 の質問です。

You know my way I want you Gettin' your love Sounds good to me You will take me with desire In the flame of fire Get in on you see my burning light uooh! You know my way I want you Gettin' your love Sounds good to me You will take me with desire In the flame of fire Get in on you see my burning light In the f lame of fire This is all for you you got me ある歌の歌詞ですが、日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? 自分で訳すと何だかしっくりこなかったもので…m(__)m

• バースデーカード

こんにちは バースデーカードに通常の決まり文句的言葉を入れた後、この文章を入れたいのですが、自分ではココまでしか考える事が出来ませんでした、どうぞご指導の程宜しくお願します。 Q1 18歳になった新たな貴女でもっと素敵な人生を過ごせる事を願います I WISH YOU WILL HAVE A MORE GREAT LIFE ..... Q2 貴女に会える事を楽しみにしてます  そんなに遠い未来ではないかも?!  looking forward to see you !! not so far future?! と Q1は、‘新たな貴女で’ という表現がどうしても考えつきませんでした、Q2は ‘そんなに遠い未来’ の所がわかりませんでした参考文章の程お願いいたします。

• この英語をカタカナに直してください!

たくさんあってすみません。下に書いてある英語の文を誰かカタカナに直してください!お願いします! If you wanna go and take a ride wit me wit three women in the fo' with the gold D's Oh why do I live this way? If you wanna go and get high wit me Smoke a L in the back of the Benz-y Oh why must I feel this way? In the club on the late night, feelin right Lookin tryin to spot somethin real nice Lookin for a little shorty I noticed so that I can take home (I can take home) She can be 18 (18) wit an attitude or 19 kinda snotty actin real rude But as long as you a thicky thicky thick girl you know that it's on (Know that it's on) I peep something comin towards me on the dance floor Sexy and real slow Sayin she was peepin and I dig the last video So when Nelly, can we go; how could I tell her no? Her measurements were 36-25-34 I like the way you brush your hair And I like those stylish clothes you wear I like the way the light hit the ice and glare And I can see you boo from way over there

• 訳して下さい!

訳して下さい! 明日までなのですが全く意味が分かりません。 なるべく自然な訳にしていただきたいです。お願いいたします。 Gestures are a means of communication. For instance, a visitor may ask you in English,you can point in the right direction with your finger.In this way,gestures can be a helpful International language.But you must remember that gestures can mean different things to different people.If they are not used carefully, misunderstandings can occur.

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

英語の和訳をお願いしたいです。 All I can be Have what we need What you've got to do is to give it your best shot Forget yesterday Now is everything Ignore cold eyes,yell at the top of your lungs So that the world hears No need to change,we're fine this way Just act on instinct, listen to your heart Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want If you are tired then why don't you rest There is no need to keep on running Burn your soul into these notes and verses Then this song will surely reach their ears No need to change,we're fine this way Just act on instinct, listen to your heart Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want You've made no mistake Call your own shots on right and wrong Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳をみてください

外国の知人に送るメッセージなのですが、問題なく英訳できているでしょうか? 間違いの指摘や改訳案などあれば教えてください。 「じゃああなたがこのメールを読むのは今から2~3週間後なんですね。しばらくあなたと連絡がとれなくなるなんて残念です、あなたの誕生日におめでとうを言いたかったのに。あなたが素敵な誕生日を過ごされるよう祈ってます。」 (相手と連絡が取れなくなる向こう2~3週間の間に相手の誕生日がある、という状況です。) ↓ You're going to read this email in a few weeks, right? I'm so sad because I can't keep in touch with you. I wanted to say 'Happy birthday!' on your birthday. I wish you a happy birthday. どうかお願いいたします。

• 誕生日メッセージの和訳をお願いいたします。

長文失礼いたします。 読み込めなくて、悩んでいます。 日本語らしく訳すとどうなりますか? 和訳にお願いいたします。 On your birthday, may you experience joy On your birthday, may you experience love On your birthday, may all your dreams come true On your birthday, may all your desires be filled As you wish upon a star, your life be starlight As you wish upon a star, your life be star-bright As you wish upon a star, zillions of stars gaze over you And a wish upon a star, made come true Happy birthday, to a beautiful soul Happy birthday, to a wonderful you Happy birthday, to a gentle soul Happy birthday, to a great you Happy happy birthday to a once in a lifetime kind of person