回答No.1

これは形容詞用法というやつではないかと思われます。

noname#65302
質問者

お礼

Thanks!!!

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英会話を日本語に訳してくださいm(__)m

I have been into a bad relationship. My ex-hurt and cheated on me a lot, that's why I am on the internet to give it a try. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします。

どなたか、英語が得意な方、和訳をお願いします。 Marketing firms will likely be the first to adopt this technology, as in this domain even a small predictive edge can translate into large value. 特に、asの用法、それが何を指しているのか詳しくご教示いただけると助かります。

• toの訳しかた

以下の文章でのto makeのtoはどう訳したらいいでしょうか。 According to a new study, learning isn't as effective when multitasking, so doing homework at the same time as watching TV might not be a good thing. "Even if you can learn while distracted, it changes how you learn to make it less efficient and useful." ~するため、という目的か、~してしまう、という結果か、あるいはそれ以外か、が知りたいのです。 注意がそれたときに学んだとしても、それは、学びの効果と有用さを現象するために学び方を変えてしまう、ではすっきりしません。 学び方を変えてしまい、その結果、学んだことはたいして効果的でも有用でもなくなってしまう、という感じでしょうか。 ご教示お願いします。

• この to 不定詞、結果か目的か

Jim conducted a study to give us some insight into our situation. 上の文をご覧ください。使われている to 不定詞の用法は、「結果」か「目的」のどちら、あるいは両方と考えるのが自然ですか?

• in which to

A novelist must create a context in which to place his characters. この文のin which to に関して質問します。 これは文法的に説明するとどうなるのでしょうか。 あるいは I find a quiet corner in which to read a book. This is not the place in which to dwell on that problem. You have a long future before you in which to make up for this mistake. words in which to cloth one's ideas. 辞書で例文検索をすると大量に出てきますが、つまるところ、どうなのでしょうか。whichの後に何か省略されている形なのか、それともhow to useのような不定詞の形容詞的用法(こっちは可能性が低いか?)なのか。おそらく、結果的にin which to = toと考えていいのではないかと考えているのですが。どうでしょうか?

• 英語

英文の訳を教えて下さい! 下の日本語訳は自己解釈です。 take a look at A Aを、見る Each blood type is found in a range of 9-38% of the population. それぞれの血液型は人口の9~38%の範囲で 見つけられる It is easy to group personalities into four by blood type. 血液型によって4つの性格のグループに分けることは簡単である group A into B BのなかにAを、集める

• amount to a hill of beans

All the well-meaning advice in the world won't amount to a hill of beans if we're not even addressing the real problem. not amount to a hill of beans の部分なのですが、 ・大きな結果には達しない(中程度までは達する、丘のように大きな所までには達しない) ・小さな結果にも達しない(皆無である、豆のように小さな物にすらならない) どちらが正しいですか? お願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします><

And as the technolog becomes more popular and widespread, the price of LED lamps can be expected to fall substantially. If LED lamps sound good already , they are likely to get even better. Scientists have discovered a new manufacturing process capable of dilivering low cost LEDs that are much more energy-efficient and have an even longer lifespan of 60 years. Bulbs that are cheaper, more efficient, non-toxic, last a lifetime... the future seems bright! よろしくお願いします!

• 英語の長文

宿題で「scent of a woman」という映画を見てそれに関するレポートなのですが、下記の問題文の訳がいまいちわかりません。得意な方に訳をお願いしたいです。 How did you feel to see Charlie shut his mouth and defend his classmates till the end of time? Would you defend your friends even if you were driven into a corner and offered a fascinating deal? Or, would you rather disclose secrets of theirs to defend yourself? Why?

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です As far as President Bush calling upon Israel to stop settlement activities, it's time to turn these calls into deeds, (1)全体の意味に少し自信がありません。 「ブッシュ大統領がイスラエルにsettlement activitiesを止める事を求める限りこれらの呼びかけを行動へ変化する時間です」 つまり「これ以上文句を言うなら行動を起こす」と言うような意味でしょうか? Israeli media reports say Israel is prepared to declare a settlement freeze, as called for in the internationally backed "Roadmap" peace plan. (2)こちらもas以降が怪しいです。。 「国際的に支持されたRoadmapでの平和計画を求めたように?」 in the internationally backed "Roadmap"が何なのかわからないので意味が合っているかどうかわかりません。。。 もし合っているならin the internationally backed "Roadmap"は何故for peace planの真ん中に入ってくるのでしょうか?この場合はcalled for peace plan in the internationally backed "Roadmap"でもいいように思えます。駄目なのでしょうか? お願いします。