• ベストアンサー

アメリカの教科書で…

今、アメリカで物理の授業を受けているのですが、教科書に以下のような問題がありました。 Suppose the electron and proton charges differed by one part in one billion. Estimate the net charge you would carry. 最初の一文の意味がさっぱりわかりません。どなたか訳していただけないでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

電子と陽子の電荷が10億分の1だけ異なっているとせよ、 ということですね。+-が完全にバランスしなかったら、君の体の電荷はいったい何クーロンになるか、と。

rew
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文を和訳してほしいです。

From Coulomb's law we know that like charge repel and unlike charges attract one another. We would thus expect the proton to repel one another strongly, particularly when we consider how close they must be to each other.This indeed is so. However, in addition to the repulsion, there are also short-range attractions between proton and proton, proton and neutron, and neutron and neutron. The stability of any nucleus is determind by the difference coulombic repulsion and the short-range attraction. If repulsion outweighs attraction, the nucleus disintegrates,emitting particles and/or radiation. If attractive forces prevail, the nucleus is stable. 核化学に関する英文です。

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いします。

What I would really like is a Henckells 472 like the one I was very upset to miss out on this morning ":472 1/2". Do you have any more of these? I would absolutely buy one.

• この英文の日本語訳わかる方がいますか?

Suppose that the consumer price index(CPI), which measures the cost of a typical package of consumer goods, stood at 122.7 in 1990 and 162.7 in 2000.Let x=0 correspond to 1990, and estimate the CPI in 1994 and 2001. (Assume that the data can be modeled by a straight line.) Which linear equation best models the CPI? In 1994, the CPI would be approximately( ). どなたか知っている方がおりましたら宜しくお願いします!!

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値段の事と送料の事と、Xマークの事について質問をしていました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか? お願いします。 A price: B price: For handbags - A prices are $29. I can ask Sam but pretty much he will deny it. All of our  A price are getting at A Price even they buy containers. Also, if you were to ship the products by sea I would like you to give me a rough estimate of the shipping fee? I would like you to give me an estimate for my October order as an example. • I’ll contact shipping company and find out for you. “X” means we are going have them in stock.

• 和訳

We require prepayment for all international orders via wire transfer. You will see the $20 handling fee for wire transfer on the quote. We ship via UPS. I have estimated the freight charges on the quote as well. Etymotic Research cannot estimate customs, duties or other taxes that vary by company. These are the responbility of the buyer. We can bill to your UPS account if you would like, just reply with the account number. Should you choose to move forward with order please confirm the shipping method and wire fee. We would reply with the wire instructions at that time. There is approximately a 4 week period once payment is processed to build the ER10B+ instrument.

• 英文の翻訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m(2)

They argued that we use short-term memory much of the time when engaged in the performance of complex tasks. You have to carry out various processes to complete the task,but you also have to briefly store information about the outcome of early processes in short-term memory as you move on to later processes. For example, suppose you were given the addition problem 13+18+24. You would probably add 13 and 18 and keep the answer (i.e.,31) in short-term memory. You would then add 24 to 31 and produce the correct answer of 55.

• この英文の文法は正しいですか?

この英文の文法は正しいですか? Had she lost another one, she would’ve end just like her son. (Lucky Sue by Men I Trust) 仮定法大過去だと思うんですが、endはended になるんじゃないのかなと疑問に思いました。 僕の持っているテキストの大過去の例文には、 Had I known you were ill, I would have visited you. と書いてありましたので、have の次は過去形になるのではないかと思います。 これは例外ということですか?

• 英文(現地の英語)を日本語訳にしてください

綺麗な英語ではないかもしれないのですが 以下の英文を日本語訳していただけますでしょうか。 海外ショップからのメールになります。 50% in Advance.In the levels: 20% when you confirm the order 30% when you have the permits approved Balance of 50% after 5 days of receiving the books DOA are accepted within 24 hours upon arrival. All significant DOA should be proved by colour pictures send by e-mail Packing charges: $ 50 to 200 depends on the specie Export fee for one shipment - U$S 850-1500 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 英国映画の英語について教えて下さい。

英国映画の英語について教えて下さい。 日本語字幕、吹き替えともにありますが、当然意訳されています。 もう少し直訳するとすればどうなるか、また、文法的にはどういうことになっているのかが知りたいです。 (1)how would it be if you came and had tea with me? この「how would it be」とは? (2)A: I suppose I could come for a little while If you have sardines. B: By the bucketlood. この「By」はどういった意味なのでしょうか。「By the bucketlood.」を直訳すると? (3)A: you can't have done anything that bad. B: It's not something I have done. It's something I am doing. 「I have done」はわかりますが、その前の「It's not something 」とは? (4)You know, I'm not sure you two have quite got the idea of this game. 兄弟でかくれんぼをしていていた場面の台詞です。隠れたはずの弟と妹を探しにきたら、隠れもせずに口論をしていた二人に兄がこのように言いました。 意訳では「お前らかくれんぼの仕方知ってるか?」という感じでした。 直訳するとどうなりますか? よろしくお願い致します。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。

以下の英文についてお尋ねします。 So, if a scratch game has overall odds of winning of about 1:4, that doesn't mean that if you buy four tickets that one will automatically be a winner. It means that if you were to buy all of the tickets available in that game, approximately 1 in 4 of them would win a prize. overall odds of winningはいわゆるキャリーオーバーと言う意味でしょうか?それが1:4ということは、?となってしまうのですがご説明頂けますでしょうか? thatはoverall~4、を指し、その後のthatは「その一人は自動的にwinnerになるわけでは無い」との捉え方で宜しいでしょうか? 最後にif you were~以降でそもそもこれは仮定法で、よく分かりづらいのが1 in 4 of themの部分なのですが、解説頂ければ幸いです。出来れば全文逐語的に和訳構文解説頂ければ有り難いです。