• ベストアンサー

英文解釈について

Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellow-men , both living and dead , and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received . 英文解釈です。 文法的に詳しくお願いします。 私的には Many times a day 以下がよくわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

noname#91853
noname#91853
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

>Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellow-men , both living and dead , and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received . ○ かの有名な物理学者のA.アインシュタインの言葉のようですね。うまく雰囲気を出すのが難しいですね。 【Many times a day】:一日に何度も 【 I 】:主語 【realize】:動詞 【 how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellow-men , both living and dead】:間接疑問の形でひとつめの目的語の働き  ※ how much:どれほど  ※ outer and inner life:物質的な生活と精神的な生活、物心両面で  ※ be built upon:~のもとに築かれている  ※ labour:骨折り、活動、苦労  ※ fellow-men:同業者、同じ人間、人類  ※ living and dead:生きている人と亡くなった人の両方、現在・過去を問わずすべての人 【how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received】:間接疑問の形でふたつめの目的語の働き  ※ how earnestly:いかに真面目に  ※ exert oneself:努力する  ※ in order to:~するために  ※ give in return:お返しをする  ※ as much as I have received】:giveの目的語の働き。「自分がこれまで受けてきたのと同じくらいのこと(もの)を」 ○ 全訳  「私は、一日に何度も、自分の物心両面の生活がどれほど現在と過去を問わず同じ人類の苦労のもとに築かれているのかということに、また自分がこれまで受けてきたのと同じくらいのものをいかに真面目にお返ししなければならないのかということに気づくのです。」

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

Many times a day 「一日に何回も」 I realize howで始まる名詞句 ,and (I realize) howで始まる名詞句 という構造です。 「一日に何回も確信する、私の内面的、外面的な人生そのものが同胞の労働のうえに築かれていることを、そして今まで受けただけのお返しをするためにどれだけまじめに献身しなければならないかを。」

関連するQ&A

• 英文の構造を教えてください

Many times a day I realize how much of my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellowmen, both living and dead and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received. という英文で、あとの方のhow earnestly I must exert myself ~の方はhow 形容詞/副詞SVという順番になっているのですが、はじめの方のhow much of my own ~の方は感嘆文の順番になっていないような気がするのですが、過去の質問をみるとhow much my own ~ とはじまっていてof が入っていないのですが、これは今自分の使っている基礎英文標準問題精講が印刷ミス?ってことなんでしょうか? あとこのmuch は形容詞、副詞どちらでしょうか?

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

Many times a day I realize how much of my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my yellow-men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I received. My peace of mind is often troubled by the depressing sense that I have borrowed too heavily from the work of other men. できるだけ丁寧に解説して欲しいです。 構文分析や、文法など教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します

• 文章解釈

以下の添付ファイル文章に関する質問です。 That no matter how many years you're ultimately given your life can be clearly and earnestly said to have been a long and full one.We all know someone like that-someone we lost too early but even now think,If I could do half of what they did,I'll consider my life well lived. 1. no matter how many years you're ultimately given your life can be clearly and earnestly said to have been a long and full one. の言おうとしているポイントが理解できないです。clearly and earnestly の理解がその中でも特に難しく感じます。 2. If I could do half of what they did,I'll consider my life well lived なぜ、「彼/彼女のしたこと半分できればいい人生を生きれた」とみなせるのか分からないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。 「人が結局、どれだけの年数の命を与えられても、その人の人生は長く充実した人生であったと明瞭かつ誠実に言われうる。 わたしたちは皆そのような誰かを知っています。あまりにも早くに無くしてしまい、今でも彼/彼女がしたことの半分を成すことができれば自分の人生がいい人生だとみなすことができる誰か。」

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります

The „resources and staff“ of the University were at your disposal. In which way were they helpful to you during the different stages of the project? Carrying heavy instruments around! (laughs) No, well, yeah ... They did help carry instruments ... But, I had a wonderful day of training from a woman at the university named Angie Atmadjaja who gave me a few short lessons on how to play some of these instruments in the "proper" way. As fun and enlightening as that was it made me realize that I wanted to keep my distance from the proper and traditional. Angie also made some recordings and I believe some of them appear on the album. It took a good solid day or two to get the whole studio wired the way I wanted it into my Kyma system and loopers. We had to create a system that allowed me remote control of the control room while I was in the recording room as well as some tricky monitoring situations. The tech and studio staff at the Music Research Center took care of most of that and after ironing out some bugs I had an amazing space in which I could work alone late into the night and control everything as I walked around the room. Q1 As fun and enlightening as that was it made me realize that I wanted to keep my distance from the proper and traditional. この文章の構造がわかりません。 it made me realize that I wanted to keep my distance from the proper and traditional. 訳せます。 「それは、私が正しいやり方や、伝統から距離を置いておきたいと願っていた事を気付かせてくれた」 Asからthatまでをitとしているのですよね?それと、As fun and enlightening as thatも何かの構文で、元々は違っているのでしょうか? Q2 It took a good solid day or two to get the whole studio wired the way I wanted it into my Kyma system and loopers. この文章がいまいち理解出来ません。後半のkyma system and loopersは彼の持つ音楽用のシステムの事です。 Q3 We had to create……からの日本語ですが、 私たちはレコーディングルームやtricky monitoring situationsにいる間、離れた場所からコントロールルームを制御するシステムを作らなくてはならなかった。 ミュージックリサーチセンターにいる技術者と、スタジオのスタッフはthatに注意を払っていた。いくつかのバグを解決した後に、私はその晩、一人で仕事が出来る素晴らしい空間を持つ事が出来た。 その部屋中を歩き回りながら全てをコントロールしたんだ。 どうもギクシャクしてしまっています・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈

和訳お願いします。 Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto. There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan. First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities. Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years. Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto. I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto. I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month. My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest. I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day. As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka. My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!

• この英文は、どう解釈すればよいでしょうか?

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix [UK, adult版]p.917 下の方のダンブルドアの会話からです。 少し長いですが、引用させていただきます。 ハリーをなぜハリーの母親の妹の家に預けたかをダンブルドアが説明している部分の一部です。 "My answer is that my priority was to keep you alive. You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized. Voldemort had been vanquished hours before, but his supporters – and many of them are almost as terrible as he – were still at large, angry, desperate and violent. And I had to make my decision, too, with regard to the years ahead. Did I believe that Voldemort was gone forever? No. I knew not whether it would be ten, twenty or fifty years before he returned, but I was sure he would do so, and I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you." 質問は2点あります。 1. "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized."について 日本語訳では "君がどんなに危険な状態にあるかを認識しておったのは、わしだけだったじゃろう。" とあるのですが、なぜこのような日本語訳になるのでしょうか? "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone." だと "君は他の人よりもっと危険な状態にあった" となると思うんですが、そこに"but I realize"がつくとなぜ上記のような訳になるのか教えてください。 2. " I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you."について この文の" knowing him as I have done"に関してです。 日本語訳では"あやつを知るわしとしては"となっているのですが、やはり、なぜこのような意味になるのかわかりません。 "knowing him"(あやつを知っている)、as (~のように)、I have done と分けて考えてみたのですが、最後の I have doneはどう解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について

He was a man ,curious to look at, and every day when I came out and passed his garden he was there , his crutches under his arms ,leaning on the gate ,silently regarding me as I went by. という文章なのですが挿入を元に戻してHe was a man and every day when I came out and passed his garden he was there  で彼は男で私が外出し、彼の庭を通るときは毎日、彼はそこにいた。 curious to look at his crutches under his arms で腕の下の松葉づえを注意深く見ながら??ここらへんからおかしくなります。 解釈のほどお願いいたします。 Three of the Pylamids are very large ,the great being that of Gizah ,but there are many smaller ones. という文ではThree of the Pylamids are very large but there are many smaller ones. でピラミッドのうち三つはとても大きいが、とても小さいのもある。 ここに分詞構文the great being that of Gizah をつけようと思ってもなかなか意味がわかりません。 解釈のほどよろしくお願いします。 My eyes ,not being so much under control as my toungue ,were attracted towards my aunt very often during breakfast. では、舌ほどうまく眼は動かせないので朝食の間何回もおばを見てしまった。程度の訳でよいのでしょうか? 日本語訳でも意味がわかりません。 the earlier a thing is learned ,the longer ,and so the greater , the use of which can be made of it. では「すればするほど」の構文だとは思うのですが、the longer や 関係代名詞of whichの先行詞であろう主語に対応する動詞がないように思えます。これも解釈のほどお願いいたします。 以上の4つの英文についてお尋ねします。一つでもいいのでご指南願います。

• 文法的に正しいのはどちらですか?

How many times a day do you drink? How many times in a day do you drink? a day と in a day ではどちらが正しいのでしょうか? 前後に来る単語によって変わるのでしょうか? a day と書かれている辞書もあるし。英会話の先生は in a day と言うし、ネットで調べてみたら両方説明されています。分からなくなってきました。 よろしくお願いいたします。 

• 英文解釈

The development of printing from the simple stamping or signet-stone method to the process of printing on a press apparently occurred independently at different times in different parts of the world. Books copied by hand in ink applied with pen or brush were a significant feature of the Egyptian ,Greek and Roman civilization. In ancient Roma,commercial book publishers issued editiins comprising as many as 5000 copies of such works as those of the Roman poet Marital これの訳し方教えてください あと、訳も

• 英文にする

私は昨日テレビをみて一日を終えましたそしてそのテレビで私の大好きな俳優が彼の太り具合を話してました。は I ended (finished) the day by watching TV yeasterday and in that program my favorite actor said how fat he is now. これで大丈夫でしょうか?? 教えて下さい(*^_^*)