haveの意味と使い方についての質問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「It is bad enough to have the hostage-taking.」という文の意味がわからないです。
  • 「To then have the video coming out last week is just going to add, has added, hugely to the distress.」の中のhaveの使い方がわかりません。
  • 「To then have the video coming out last week is just going to add, has added, hugely to the distress.」の中のisの主語は何ですか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

haveの意味

英語やり直し組です "The stress of the families is going to be huge. It is bad enough to have the hostage-taking. To then have the video coming out last week is just going to add, has added, hugely to the distress. But the whole of the British government is working very, very actively on this." (1)haveの使われ方がわかりません。。。 It is bad enough to have the hostage-taking. 「それは誘拐を持つのに十分悪い?」 意味がわからないです。。。 またTo then have the video coming out last week is just going … のhaveも同じ用法だと思いますがわからないです。。。 (2)To have thenはenoughに繋がると思ったのですがそれだとTo then have the video coming out last week is just …のisが変に見えます。 このisの主語は何なのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

これらの have は文脈によって臨機応変に解釈したらよいと思います。 have the hostage-taking は「誘拐を行う」 have the video は「ビデオを見る」 ぐらいでしょうか。have の「持つ」という意味から派生している意味で、辞書を引くといくらでも解釈が出てきます。 http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/have To then have the video coming out last week で「先週流されたビデオを見ることは」という意味で is の主語です。then の役割は 「誘拐自体でも十分卑劣なのに、さらに」というニュアンスでもあり、時系列的な意味もあるでしょう。 add to の add は自動詞で add to... で ...を増加さす "It is bad ..... ." "To then ...." は2つの文ですがつながりの深い文ですね。To then have は Having then the video とすることも出来ますが、it is bad enough to have... という形式主語の文が来て意味上の主語が to have... なので、次にくる文もリズミカルに To have ...で始めているのかもしれません。いずれにしても2つの文は独立していますが意味的には関連性が高いですね。つまり2)にかんしては enough に直接つながっているわけではなく is の主語は To have the video であるわけです。

toitoi1098
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 >これらの have は文脈によって臨機応変に解釈したらよいと思います。 どこまで意訳していいのかわからず、行う~などをhaveでいいのだろうか…?と思い戸惑っていました。 >enough に直接つながっているわけではなく is の主語は To have the video であるわけです。 ありがとうございます。 言われてみるとそうですね。。。Toは大文字ですし文は切れているから主語はto have…しかありえないですね。。。 説明しにくいのですが頭の中でto then have the video coming out last weekが二つあるような感覚なのに一つしかなく関係代名詞などもなく「頭でイメージできている事と文法的?説明が一致しない」ような感覚に陥っていました。。。 変な質問でしたが回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• May is told to have benn ill last week.

May is (said/told) to have been ill last week. 正解は said ですが、どうして told はだめなのでしょうか?

• 英文の単語聞き取れないです。予想で作文できますか

次の英作文 bad to start have to take out.とteep cleaned.の箇所が想像できません。 どなたか、想像していただけませんか。 Will this take very long? I have to go to the school this afternoon. Well you have one very bad to start have to take out. You also need to have you teep cleaned.

• He's going to have toについて

1:He is going to have to study more if he plans to go to college. 2:He has to study more if he plans to go to college. 3:He will have to study more if he plans to go to college. この3つの文章、どんなふうに使い分けたらいいのですか? 私は is going to have to がしっくりきませんし、使ったことがないです。 どんな時にあえてbe going to を使えばいいのでしょうか? 解説よろしくお願いします。

• run outは「走っていく」?

I'm visiting one of my clients, and is taking much longer than I expected. Then later this afternoon, I have to run out to the Wenderson branch office. run outは「走っていく」という意味でしょうか?単にrunと言うのではどう違うでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I don't know if I'll have enough to time to do all the good deeds I need to eras

映画の中で聞き取れない部分をアメリカの人にチェックしてもらったところ、 「I don't know if I'll have enough to time to do all the good deeds I need to erase all the bad ones I did.」 (スクリプトは 「I don't know if I'll have enough time...to do enough good deeds to erase all my bad ones.」) とのことでした。 「I'll have enough to time...」の「to」があるので、 この文の組み立てがわかりません。 どこで区切ったらいいのか教えてください。 それとも単純な間違いかな、と思いますが、宜しくお願いします。

• 困ってます!!教えてください!!(デートの約束)

友達がアメリカから泊まりにきていて、2週間ほど会っていなかった彼からメールがきました。 「会える日が決まったら連絡頂戴」の返事がこれ↓なんですが、 正確に訳せません(涙) よろしくお願いします。 i am going to a bbq at a friends house tonite, if you have a couple of really pretty friends to bring along we'd be happy to have you all over-- if not--- can we meet on monday night? I have my last friends coming to town on tues for a week then I'm free for a while thank god!

• どういう意味なのか、よくわからないのですが

お世話になります。 While the very thought of coming up with a cold, hard, step-by-step actually makes me a little nauseated (which is saying a lot on account of the fact that an iron constitution goes with the whole vampire persona), I knew it was going to take as much to get me through the next few hours, or days, or weeks -- or however long it took to find out what the hell was going on and clear my name. 殺人犯の濡れ衣を着せられたヴァンパイアの女性が、迫り来る追っ手を前に考えこんでいる場面なのですが、どう訳せばいいのか、さっぱりわかりません。 ご教示いただけると助かります。 何とぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• then you have it

You say you can’t live like this for the rest of your life, but it doesn’t sound like your husband has ever been any different, which suggests that if you stay with him, the rest of your life is going to look exactly like the last 24 years. If part of what you are looking for right now is permission to contemplate a separation from your husband after years of trying to get him to change, then you have it. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/06/dear_prudence_i_work_and_do_all_of_the_parenting.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent then you have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• there is goingとはどういう意味?

There is going to be a new employee orientation next week, isnt it? とあるんですが、there is a bookというような形しか知らないんですが,このthere is going とはどういう状態なんでしょうか? 他にもこれをつかった表現などはありますか?

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

I have (A) updated and (B) is complete, but I don't have the very last fight yet (C) but it is updated to the second to last fight. I am thinking of sending you these and then once I get that last fight, sending you the updated disc for free of course. DVDのタイトルなどは(A)(B)(C)としています。