Jacksonの歌詞に関する質問について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ポール・マッカートニーが共同創作の歌詞の浅さを質問したとき、ジャクソンは意味よりもムードに関心があると答えました。
  • 歌詞の深さよりもショーの重要性を重視していたジャクソン。
  • ポール・マッカートニーとの共同創作での歌詞について、ジャクソンは感情表現が重要だと考えていました。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

こんばんは。 hardly a heavyweight lyricist は、否定的に訳さなくちゃいけません。 heavyweightは辞書を引くと、人が影響力があることをいう形容詞に使うようです。 questionedは、ここではたんに質問するのじゃなくて、まずいのじゃないかと、疑義を呈することです。 their joint productionsのtheirはここではそれらじゃなくて、彼ら、でしょうね(マッカートニーとジャクソンでしょうか。先行する部分がわからなくて話が見えないのでよくわかりませんが) he was concerned with ... は、彼はナニナニに関係があったのじゃなくて、彼はナニナニに関心があった、と言わなくちゃいけません。 「・・が『あった』と回答『しました』」としていますが、日本語では両方過去形にすると変です。 それから、ふたつめの文はいわゆる「強調構文」ですから、it=that counts most であることを意識して訳す必要があります。 「ポール・マッカートニーが、彼自身は有力な作詞家とはほとんど言えないにもかかわらず、かれらの共同製作した作品の歌詞の浅薄さに疑問を差し挟んだとき、ジャクソンは、自分は意味よりもムードに関心があるのだと答えた。最も重要なのはショウなのだ。」

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

すみません。「作品の『ひとつ』」とすべきでしたね。 「ポール・マッカートニーが、彼自身は有力な作詞家とはほとんど言えないにもかかわらず、かれらの共同製作した作品のうちのひとつの歌詞の浅薄さに疑問を差し挟んだとき、ジャクソンは、自分は意味よりもムードに関心があるのだと答えた。最も重要なのはショウなのだ。」

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• ポール・マッカートニーの公式サイトにあったキャッチコピー

以下の分はポールマッカートニーの公式サイトにあったキャッチコピーですが、意味がわかりません。どなたか解説をお願いできないでしょうか? What better way to experience Paul McCartney live in concert than while in his HOMETOWN/Liverpool, England for the last show of his Back In World tour!

• The doggone girl?

Michel Jackson & Paul マッカートニーの曲で The Girl Is Mine というのが あるのですが、この曲で、The doggone girl というのが頻繁に出てきます。 doggone の意味が知りたいのですが。。。 辞書を引くと、doggone = 呪うべき, いまいましい, みじめな. と出て くるのですが、下記の歌詞を見る限り、”girl”をけなしている というのは何か変です。 [1st Verse (Michael)] Every Night She Walks Right In My Dreams Since I Met Her From The Start I'm So Proud I Am The Only One Who Is Special In Her Heart [Chorus] The Girl Is Mine The Doggone Girl Is Mine I Know She's Mine Because The Doggone Girl Is Mine [2nd Verse (Paul)] I Don't Understand The Way You Think Saying That She's Yours Not Mine Sending Roses And Your Silly Dreams Really Just A Waste Of Time

• ‘80年代の洋楽曲、Your Favorite Songs♪

皆さんは‘80年代の洋楽曲、どの曲がお好きですか?当時私は旧FEN(現AFN)にハマッててよく聴いてました。FENでやっと聞き取れたのが曲名とアーティスト名だけでした。^^;当時好きだったのはこれです(曲名アルファベット順)。 “Africa”―TOTO “Beat It” ―Michael Jackson “Born In The U.S.A.”―Bruce Springsteen “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You”(邦題:君の瞳に恋してる)―BOYS TOWN GANG “Holding Out For A Hero”―Bonnie Tyler(この曲は麻倉未稀が「ヒーロー」としてカバーしてましたね) “Jump”―Van Halen “Karma Chameleon”(邦題:カーマは気まぐれ)―Boy George & Culture Club “Maniac”―Michael Sembello(映画『Flashdance』の挿入歌) “Miss Me Blind”―Boy George & Culture Club “Owner of A Lonely Heart”―YES “Say Say Say”―Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney “Thriller”―Michael Jackson “Total Eclipse Of The Heart”(邦題:渚の誓い)―Air Supply/Bonnie Tyler(いわゆる競作です) “Uptown Girl”―Billy Joel “What A Feeling”―Irene Cara(映画『Flashdance』の主題歌。この曲も麻倉未稀がカバーしてましたね)

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

According to Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo, the band's former lead singer Scott Weiland refused to perform with STP at the 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit show in New York which featured performances by Paul McCartney & Nirvana, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Eddie Vedder, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, and Billy Joel. DeLeo discussed the 12-12-12 show with Pop-Break, “I'll tell you man, when I was sitting in my home in LA and the whole Hurricane Sandy thing [happened] I turned on the Weather Channel and a guy by the name of Mike Sydal, out of Point Pleasant Beach, which is our hometown, was filming [the damage] and he panned onto the house that was actually my best friend's house. I saw the deck had come off of it, a big hole through the house…it can't hit you any harder than that. So I felt pretty helpless.

• 和訳お願いします

As we were taking our seats for the return trip he asked whether I had ever heard of 'The Flying Scotchman,'England's crack train.I replied that I had, and he mentioned that,of course,its speed was nothing to compare with the speed of this electric one.'Oh it's speed that you are hankering after!' I replied in dry way that made him suspicious. The boys at Menlo were always ready to accept even the hint of a challenge involving the work of Edison, as I believe Bernard Shaw has already testified. I started the motor and gradually plugged out the resistance.We rounded the curve without mishap and were flying along at a speed that scared the life out of Insull who,holding fast to the brake handle,begged me to slacken up. In the faint light that prevailed,something on the track ahead of us,just at that weird spot where the trestle work was.I cut off the current instantly and applied my brake so suddenly that the handle broke.At the same time a bunch of feathers shot upward.I reversed the current for a secound several times while Insull pulled at the brake,and so we managed to arrive at the station without a crash. Insull felt greatly relieved at setting his feet on terra firma.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Bennington's lyrics aren't quite as unique and abstract as Scott Weiland's lyrics, but his lyrics (I'm unsure at this point if the DeLeo brothers contributed lyrically like they did on the Talk Show record) do paint a dark picture. The song almost sounds like it could be directed at Weiland, with lines like ‘Longing is the animal inside you when you bleed/Suffering is critical in finding what you need/Deliverance is evidence there's more than what you say/Pain is there the moment that you wake up from your dreams' and the later lines ‘You've got to learn your lesson to see what you've been missing/You've got to cross that line/Yeah, you've got to look inside/Yeah, it's time that you decide/Yeah, you've got to cross that line/Yeah, you're running out of time.’ Like I said previously, I’ve never been a big Linkin Park fan, but Bennington impressed me here considering my expectations.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Nivelle had been concerned about diminished French morale at Verdun; after his promotion to lead the Second Army in June 1916, manifestations of indiscipline occurred in five front line regiments. Défaillance reappeared in the French army mutinies that followed the Nivelle Offensive (April–May 1917). Denizot published statistical tables including French troop movements, as well as monthly French artillery ammunition consumption by type of gun (German artillery ammunition consumption is reported in lesser detail) and period photographs show overlapping shell craters in an area of about 100 km2 (39 sq mi).

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

次の英文から分かることは、a~cのどれだと思いますか?訳もお願いします。 Richard Carpenter was watching TV at home one day in 1970 when he heard a song on a commercial. It was designed to attract young newlyweds. Richard recognised that it was just the song for Karen to sing and it was recorded in May of that year. To many young couples about to set off on married life it became their theme song. One such couple was Paul and Linda McCartney. Paul says, "Linda and I were just starting out; we kind of identified with `we've Only Just Begun'." 1. a)Richard found a commercial he liked on TV. b)A song on a TV commercial impressed Richard. c)Richard performed songs on TV commercials. 2. a)The commercial encouraged young people to get married. b)The commercial was selling weddings to young people. c)The commercial was aimed at young married couples. 3. a)Richard decided Karen should get married in May. b)Karen wanted to record a TV commercial. c)The song fitted Karen's voice perfectly. 4. a)A loy of young newlyweds identified with the song. b)This song made many young people get married. c)As the Carpenters were married, the song appealed to them. 5. a)The song was very meaningfulto the McCartneys. b)Paul McCartney recorded the song for his wife Linda. c)Paul was kind to his wife because of the song.

• 領土意識

史記の匈奴列伝にある話です。 領土に関するニュースが多いので、今の日本人の目にとまりやすい話と思いますが、要約したのしかみつかまりませんでした。現代語訳(全訳)ってネットにありますか。 At this time the Eastern Barbarians were very powerful and, hearing that Maodun had killed his father and made himself leader, they sent an envoy to ask if they could have Touman's famous horse that could run 1,000 li in one day. Maodun consulted his ministers, but they all replied, "The thousand-li horse is one of the treasures of the Xiongnu people. You should not give it away!" "When a neighbouring country asks for it, why should I begrudge them one horse?" he said, and sent them the thousand-li horse. After a while the Eastern Barbarians, supposing that Maodun was afraid of them, sent an envoy to ask for one of Maodun's consorts. Again Maodun questioned his ministers, and they replied in a rage, "The Eastern Barbarians are unreasoning beasts to come and to request one of the Shanyu's consorts. We beg to attack them!" But Maodun replied, "If it is for a neighboring country, why should I grudge them on a woman?" and he sent his favourite consort to the Eastern Barbarians. With this the ruler of the Eastern Barbarians grew more and more bold and arrogant, invading the lands to the west. Between his territory and that of the Xiongnu was an area of over 1,000 li of uninhabited land; the two peoples made their homes on either side of this wasteland. The ruler of the Eastern Barbarians sent an envoy to Maodun saying, "The Xiongnu have no way of using the stretch of wasteland which lies between my border and yours. I would like to take possession of it!" When Maodun consulted his ministers, some of them said, "Since the land is of no use you might as well give it to him," while others said, "No, you must not give it away!" Maodun flew into rage. "Land is the basis of the nation!" he said. "Why should I give it away?" And he executed all the ministers who had advised him to do so. Then he mounted his horse and set off to attack the Eastern Barbarians, circulating an order throughout his domain that anyone who was slow to follow would be executed. The Eastern Barbarians had up until this time despised Maodun and made no preparations for their defence; when Maodun and his soldiers arrived, they inflicted a crushing defeat, killing the ruler of the Eastern Barbarians, taking prisoner his subjects, and seizing their domestic animals.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Top Supporter Rewards: 350 + Notes - Signed CD of the concert. The entire show will be professionally recorded by the fine folks at Dog House studios. Allow a few weeks for mixing, mastering, CD duplication, and for us to create the artwork by hand so that each piece is unique. 1,000 + Notes - Signed CD and lyric sheet of your favorite TLI song. Delila will personally hand-write the lyrics and the band will sign. 2,000 + Notes - Signed CD, signed hand-written lyric sheet, signed 11x17 poster of a pic taken by photographer Linda Wake-Garza exclusively for this event, and a signed set list from the concert or from one of our upcoming August/Sept. tour dates.