The Doggone Girl? Understanding the Meaning of 'Doggone'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In the song 'The Girl Is Mine' by Michel Jackson & Paul McCartney, the phrase 'The doggone girl' is frequently used. But what does 'doggone' mean?
  • When looking it up in the dictionary, 'doggone' is defined as cursed, unpleasant, or wretched. However, it seems odd that it is used to criticize the girl in the lyrics.
  • The lyrics suggest that the singer considers the girl to be special and that he is proud to be the only one in her heart.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

The doggone girl?

Michel Jackson & Paul マッカートニーの曲で The Girl Is Mine というのが あるのですが、この曲で、The doggone girl というのが頻繁に出てきます。 doggone の意味が知りたいのですが。。。 辞書を引くと、doggone = 呪うべき, いまいましい, みじめな. と出て くるのですが、下記の歌詞を見る限り、”girl”をけなしている というのは何か変です。 [1st Verse (Michael)] Every Night She Walks Right In My Dreams Since I Met Her From The Start I'm So Proud I Am The Only One Who Is Special In Her Heart [Chorus] The Girl Is Mine The Doggone Girl Is Mine I Know She's Mine Because The Doggone Girl Is Mine [2nd Verse (Paul)] I Don't Understand The Way You Think Saying That She's Yours Not Mine Sending Roses And Your Silly Dreams Really Just A Waste Of Time

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#17703
noname#17703
回答No.1

newtonZさん、これは逆の事を言っているのだと思います。 私の電子辞書には米・俗語で喜びを表してちくしょう!やった!と書いてあります。 だから、やった!僕の彼女だ!って言ってるんでしょう。多分。

newtonZ
質問者

お礼

そうですね。それなら意味が通じますね。 ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• The Girl Is Mine

Michael Jackson と Paul McCartney の The Girl Is Mine の曲の最後のほうで Michael と Paul が喋っていますが何と言っているのでしょうか? ご存知の方どうか教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の文法チェックしてください、

The second story “Girl” was more interesting to me. The story is like family motto from her mother to girl. This story imply that girl’s mother really love her children with extravagance. I can find her mother’s love, worry and many more feeling to her daughter. I like this story because this story has more adorable feelings. I believe that “white elephant” is more difficult than “Girl”, because that story is mostly consisted of conversation between them, however, that conversation makes me confused. It is not clear for me. The girl was mad first time, but she easily come back to good mood the end of the story. I wanted to see the process how she came back to good mood. I believe that “Girl” is not a real story. I guess that this story is talking about future’s children. In my opinion, the girls’ mother wants to have a girl baby in her future, so she is talking about how her children want to grow up when she have a girl baby,

• The authorities

I’m really worried about my friend “Laura.” Laura grew up in a conservative community and married at 18. Her husband was a family friend, and she didn’t date anybody but him. After their marriage, she went to college, had two kids, and has now divorced her husband. She has broken away from her family because she says they judge her and she is intent on living her own life. I’d be good with that if it weren’t for the fact that she thinks living her own life is doing whatever she wants regardless of the consequences. Laura goes out to bars three to four nights a week. She would leave her kids (both under age 10) home alone. The authorities were called numerous times, and now her ex-husband has custody. The authoritiesとは具体的には何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Japanese Girl friend..

I am 36 and she is may beyrs 16 to 20 years old.. Thank you for your answer and suggestion. I think I must try to approach a Japanese girl to talk. The beautiful girl who I like, she use to come in train every morning and i think she is a Senior Highschool student. Even i don`t know her name etc etc... Will she be my friend?

• 翻訳お願いします!

この長文を翻訳してください。お願いします。 長いので、2パートほどに分割します。 (1) Once upon a time, there was a poor girl alone in a village. Her dad and mom died, her relatives weren't there, and at the age of 12, she finally lost her house. Only the poor clothes she wore and a piece of bread were the girl's belongings. However, even in such a situation, the pure and gentle girl believed in God. She believed that even in such a situation, God is sure to protect me.. The girl was walking alone on the road where the cold wind blows. Then a traveler talked to her girl. 「Young lady, give me food . I'm about to die.」 The girl saw the traveler's Skinny face and pitifully gave her a piece of bread, 「May you have God's blessing.」 she saw the traveler happily chewing on the bread, and the girl started walking again. This time, a little boy, a little younger than the girl, was crying. 「I am very cold. my hat was blown by the wind.」 The girl stroked the boy's head, then took off her hood and put it on the boy. The boy stopped crying and thanked her girl and went somewhere.

• 英語の問題の答えを教えてほしいです

各組がほぼ同じ意味になるように、かっこの中に適当な語をいれなさい。 1. Her skating skills are above mine. She ( ) ( ) than I. 2. Becoming the world champions in baseball isn't a dream any longer. Becoming the world champions in baseball is ( ) ( ) a dream. 3. This game is less difficult than that one. This game is not ( ) ( ) ( ) that one. おねがいしますm(_)m

• ショーン・キングストンBeautiful girlの和訳

ショーン・キングストンの「Beautiful girl」の歌詞の和訳が知りたいのでわかる方がいたらぜひ教えていただけませんか? できるだけ早く知りたいのでお時間のよろしい方はよろしくお願いいたします。(一部でもよろしいです) <歌詞> You're way too beautiful girl That's why it'll never work You'll have me suicidal, suicidal When you say it's over Damn all these beautiful girls They only wanna do your dirt They'll have you suicidal, suicidal When they say it's over Verse 1: See it started at the park Used to chill at the dark Oh when you took my heart That's when we fell apart Coz we both thought That love lasts forever (lasts forever) They say we're too young To get ourselves sprung Oh we didn't care We made it very clear And they also said That we couldn't last together (last together) Refrain: See it's very define, girl One of a kind But you mush up my mind You walk to get declined Oh Lord... My baby is driving me crazy (Repeat Chorus) Verse 2: It was back in '99 Watchin' movies all the time Oh when I went away For doin' my first crime And I never thought That we was gonna see each other (see each other) And then I came out Mami moved me down South Oh I'm with my girl Who I thought was my world It came out to be That she wasn't the girl for me (girl for me) (Repeat Refrain and Chorus) Verse 3: Now we're fussin' And now we're fightin' Please tell me why I'm feelin' slightin' And I don't know How to make it better (make it better) You're datin' other guys You're tellin' me lies Oh I can't believe What I'm seein' with my eyes I'm losin' my mind And I don't think it's clever (think it's clever) You're way too beautiful girl That's why it'll never work You'll have me suicidal, suicidal, suicidal...

• 答え合わせお願いします。2文を1文に。

The man is sitting over there. He wrote that best-selling novel. The man who he wrote whom best-selling novel is sitteing over there. The book is for the students. Their native language is not English The book is whose native language is not English for the students She showed me the letter. She received it from her boyfriend. She showed me the letter which she received from her boyfriend. The bed wasn't very comfortable. I slept in it last night The bed in which I slept last night wasn't very comfortable. The bed which I slept in last night wasn't very comfortable.

• The girl is my roommate. You got th

The girl is my roommate. You got the e-mail from her.を関係代名詞を使って1文にするにはどうすればいいでしょうか?

• 英語の文法の問題

(1)I highly recommended she take walks regularly to stay fit. (2)I highly recommended her taking walks regularly to stay fit. (3)I highly recommended her to taking walks regularly to stay fit. この三つの文章の中で間違った文はありますか? なぜ間違っているのか理由も教えてくれると助かります よろしくお願いします